• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

One Quarter Million Miles!

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
We all knew this day was gonna come. The trek to a half million miles is underway!

250kmiles.jpg

Cool. :cool: Gotta love that Honda reliability. :biggrin:

How many F-cars have made it that far ?

Or even better , does anyone know what is the highest mileage F-car out there ?

Congrats. You should be able to get another 250,000 miles.:wink:

Nice!! if only Ford and other companies could take after what honda has done for the world!! I freaking love honda's,,, drive that baby!!

Cool. :cool: Gotta love that Honda reliability. :biggrin:

How many F-cars have made it that far ?

Or even better , does anyone know what is the highest mileage F-car out there ?

I know its not in miles ... but a neighbor of mine has 110,000 kms on his Gallardo ... daily drive .. rain,dry,snow

Awesomeness...
This really motivates me to drive more.
Currently at 49K.

That's awesome Hugh, how about some stats? Original engine? Tranny? How many clutches, brakes, etc?

Original engine. Last oil analysis was done by Blackstone at 180,000 miles and looked perfect. Oil/filter changed every 3000 - 5000 miles. Using Amsoil 5w-30 and now the Nippon Denso 150-1013 oil filter. I also use a maintenance dose of 3oz of Auto Rx each oil change.

At 240,000 the car was serviced as it was time for a valve adjustment. Turns out the valves were fine. The inside of the motor looked brand new and it is still within original factory compression specs.

The original clutch lasted until 130,000 miles. The second clutch was installed at 200,000 miles since I had the tranny out to install the JDM short gears and figured what the hell. The car is still on that clutch and all is well.

I installed StopTechs about a year ago and I'm still on the Carbotech Bobcats that I threw in then. They still have plenty of pad left but a trip to The Dragon next week might change that. :biggrin:

Before the StopTechs I was running Bobcats on the OEM brakes and replaced them once a year (every 30,000 miles) whether they needed it or not.

I bought the car in November, 2003 with 70,000 very well documented miles on it. The timing belt/water pump were initially replaced at 80,000 miles since it was never done. Although it was 10 years old it looked pretty damn good. I installed the second timing belt/pump 3 years later at 180,000 miles. It had stretched to the point that it skipped a tooth. So with 70,000 miles on the current timing belt, that will most likely be the next major service.

Besides things that are replaced according to the maintenance schedule (belts, hoses), the list of components that have failed and had to be replaced is small:
Clutch master and slave cylinders.
Driver's side window regulator.
Radiator.
Condenser fan motors. (My A/C is on almost 100% of the time I drive the car)
Radiator
Main Relay
Ignition switch

My biggest expense besides gasoline are tires. I get 12,000 miles from the rears and 25,000 from the front. The car is currently sprung on Tein Flex coilovers and is about 1" lower than stock. My rear camber is -2.3 but it is the rear toe spec that determines the lifespan of the tires. I get it aligned twice a year using 1993 specs.

The car will run forever as long as I play a daily dose of Iron Maiden on the sound system. :smile:

Last edited:
At 240,000 the car was serviced as it was time for a valve adjustment. Turns out the valves were fine. The inside of the motor looked brand new and it is still within original factory compression specs.

That just incredible.:wink:
Note to self:
Must pick up Iron Maiden CD's.

I think Hugh left out one important piece of information that has contributed to the longevity of his motor. He routinely drops some of his DNA into the gas tank. :eek:

Congrats on the 250k milestone!

Original engine. Last oil analysis was done by Blackstone at 180,000 miles and looked perfect. Oil/filter changed every 3000 - 5000 miles. Using Amsoil 5w-30 and now the Nippon Denso 150-1013 oil filter. I also use a maintenance dose of 3oz of Auto Rx each oil change.

The original clutch lasted until 130,000 miles. The second clutch was installed at 200,000 miles since I had the tranny out to install the JDM short gears and figured what the hell. The car is still on that clutch and all is well.

I installed StopTechs about a year ago and I'm still on the Carbotech Bobcats that I threw in then. They still have plenty of pad left but a trip to The Dragon next week might change that. :biggrin:

Before the StopTechs I was running Bobcats on the OEM brakes and replaced them once a year (every 30,000 miles) whether they needed it or not.

I bought the car in November, 2003 with 70,000 very well documented miles on it. The timing belt/water pump were initially replaced at 80,000 miles since it was never done. Although it was 10 years old it looked pretty damn good. I installed the second timing belt/pump 3 years later at 180,000 miles. It had stretched to the point that it skipped a tooth. So with 70,000 miles on the current timing belt, that will most likely be the next major service.

Besides things that are replaced according to the maintenance schedule (belts, hoses), the list of components that have failed and had to be replaced is small:
Clutch master and slave cylinders.
Driver's side window regulator.
Radiator.
Radiator
Main Relay
Ignition switch

My biggest expense besides gasoline are tires. I get 12,000 miles from the rears and 25,000 from the front. The car is currently sprung on Tein Flex coilovers and is about 1" lower than stock. My rear camber is -2.3 but it is the rear toe spec that determines the lifespan of the tires. I get it aligned twice a year using 1993 specs.

The car will run forever as long as I play a daily dose of Iron Maiden on the sound system. :smile:
wow, just wow.

congrats, hugh!

Congrats!

When my ho-hum Accord passed that milestone a few months ago, I actually had my camera ready and snapped pics of the odo.:redface:
(car's now at 280K, BTW).

It's great to know that the NSX can go just as far as the other Hondas.:biggrin:

That just incredible.:wink:
Note to self:
Must pick up Iron Maiden CD's.

Start with Flight 666 (You'll see me in the audience shots on Rime Of The Ancient Mariner on the DVD version) :)

I think it would be "incredible" if the car was a Ferrari or some other piece of Eurojunk. This is a Honda after all and I believe that it's more the rule than the exception.

Thanks for all the compliments, Soichiro and Shigeru appreciate them, I'm sure.

Nice!! if only Ford and other companies could take after what honda has done for the world!! I freaking love honda's,,, drive that baby!!

I think they already have---> Those many Crown Victoria taxis (most started life for a couple years as police cars) could tell a lot of stories about durability.

Congrats Hugh! Other than the condenser fan motors, have you had any other issues with the A/C?

Congrats on your milestone! I have much faith that your car will see double that mileage. Since you maintain it so well it will give you many more miles in return.

Back