• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinions on this ferrari 360 vs nsx

I like the color combo, only issue is the paddles. They are "good" but not as good as the paddles on an F430 from what I hear. You may also have some additional maintenance due to the paddles vs a 6spd.

360s are on their way down the depreciation curve, but to be honest I doubt they will bottom out any lower than $45k so at $56k you are doing ok. My guess is it needs service and hence the quick sale and (relatively) low price. You can eat as much as a $10-15k service bill on a 360 that has been ignored, so make sure you get a good feel for that when you pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Ive always loved the 360, but not feeling the color on that one...

I would only want a black, silver or white, but thats just me....

make sure you do your homework as far as maintenance cost and get a professional ppi....

I am always looking on autotrader.com for those things and notice they seem to have bottomed out on pricing...

Same color steveny had, love that color, it's probably my favorite. What a car, still brings me a huge smile when I think back to the day he left me drive it around. If it doesn't need a ton of $$$ sunk into it, the daily smile will be worth it. Can't believe they've come down that much in price.

2014-08-13_2242.png

Last edited:
360 over NSX any day for same money. Just get a PPI by a Ferrrari service facility to make sure the car checks out condition wise. Then buy a tubi exhaust and a challenge grill and enjoy forever.

What's the TCO over 3-5 years?
Even though a nice NSX and a Ferrari 360 cost the same on day 1, somehow I doubt they actually cost the same after 3-5 years of ownership.
Guessing, I would bet the NSX cost 1/2 as much over 5 years.

Even though a nice NSX and a Ferrari 360 cost the same on day 1, somehow I doubt they actually cost the same after 3-5 years of ownership.

I am not sure I would say they cost the same. The cheapest 360's you can buy, cost as much as the most expensive NSX's you can buy. As for TCO, the NSX will be way cheaper without question. If maintenance is a top buying criteria, it is best not to look at Italian cars. As Rob just stated, who is an owner of both, the cars do not compare.

I recently made the 360 leap ( obviously never leaving the NSX life ) but wasn't a huge fan..

I love the look of the 360. Torque is great, Handling is great but I honestly did not feel as "good" in the car. I didn't feel I could drive it anywhere without a care in the world.

Either way I can cross it off my bucket list of cars and move on. But it sealed the fact that a 450hp NSX with some suspension upgrades is the only car that I feel comfortable in driving any and everywhere. It does everything better than a 360 other than have a prancing horse on it..

churchshot1.jpg
churchshot2.jpg

Every situation is different. Not every car is the same. With that being said... I spent exactly zero dollars on my Ferrari in unexpected expenses. I also didn't do any maintenance other than oil changes. I had no break downs what so ever. I had one check engine light come on which cleared when the car was restarted and never came on again. I sold the car needing it's next service and tires, probably 10K plus. My NSX, major climate control issues, brakes replaced every other month... At the least pads. Starter, battery, radio, seat, window motors/regulators, the list goes on. Tit for tat I spent A LOT more on the NSX than I spent on the Ferrari, and I put a lot of miles on both.

Comparing one against the other for reliability is unfair if you take into account performance. If you want a true comparison you'd need to add a supercharger or turbo to the NSX. That would then make the NSX unreliable. Performance wise the NSX is a good car, but the 360 is in a whole different ball park.. Stock against stock. I loved both cars dearly but if I had to choose just one it'd be the Ferrari without hesitation. If I had to choose between the Ferrari an a SL63AMG it'd be the SL, again without hesitation. The AMG cars are the most driveable user friendly performance cars out there IMO. I hopped in mine several times driving back and forth from Florida. That's something I wouldn't do in the NSX or Ferrari.

At the end of the day if you've always dreamed of owning a Ferrari nothing else will fill that for you but a Ferrari. It's a different type of experience than owning anything else. They are extremely fun cars to drive. I was always in awe of the parts and pieces that make one up. Everything is well made that makes the car go fast, purpose built like aircraft parts are. Comfort? Not so much detail and the little stuff like window switches and the sort wear out or look crappy after a bit. But window switches don't make the car go fast.

Every situation is different. Not every car is the same. With that being said... I spent exactly zero dollars on my Ferrari in unexpected expenses. I also didn't do any maintenance other than oil changes. I had no break downs what so ever. I had one check engine light come on which cleared when the car was restarted and never came on again. I sold the car needing it's next service and tires, probably 10K plus. My NSX, major climate control issues, brakes replaced every other month... At the least pads. Starter, battery, radio, seat, window motors/regulators, the list goes on. Tit for tat I spent A LOT more on the NSX than I spent on the Ferrari, and I put a lot of miles on both.

Comparing one against the other for reliability is unfair if you take into account performance. If you want a true comparison you'd need to add a supercharger or turbo to the NSX. That would then make the NSX unreliable. Performance wise the NSX is a good car, but the 360 is in a whole different ball park.. Stock against stock. I loved both cars dearly but if I had to choose just one it'd be the Ferrari without hesitation. If I had to choose between the Ferrari an a SL63AMG it'd be the SL, again without hesitation. The AMG cars are the most driveable user friendly performance cars out there IMO. I hopped in mine several times driving back and forth from Florida. That's something I wouldn't do in the NSX or Ferrari.

At the end of the day if you've always dreamed of owning a Ferrari nothing else will fill that for you but a Ferrari. It's a different type of experience than owning anything else. They are extremely fun cars to drive. I was always in awe of the parts and pieces that make one up. Everything is well made that makes the car go fast, purpose built like aircraft parts are. Comfort? Not so much detail and the little stuff like window switches and the sort wear out or look crappy after a bit. But window switches don't make the car go fast.

Wtf??? Brake pads very other month? Really???

Also, how much depreciation if any did the 360 take on the sale??? How many miles did you buy it with and how many did you sell it with?

I've always wanted one, but have heard how expensive they are to maintain....which sounds like it might be a myth with a couple reports I've read on here lately...

I don't consider a car that only traps around 111 in a different performance league from an NSX.

In a straight line it's faster, due to its 100+ hp difference , but who the hell wants to drive in a straight line:redface:

Around a track they are very comparable.....

What 360 do you know that dyno's around 350-370 to the wheels? My comment was meant to convey the only different between the two performance-wise is straight line performance since they are comparable otherwise.

Wtf??? Brake pads very other month? Really???

Also, how much depreciation if any did the 360 take on the sale??? How many miles did you buy it with and how many did you sell it with?

I've always wanted one, but have heard how expensive they are to maintain....which sounds like it might be a myth with a couple reports I've read on here lately...

The brakes on the NSX, every single part of the braking system is under engineered. My pads wore out rapidly and rotors wrapped consistently. I upgraded the entire brake system so this stopped being an issue, however with the Ferrari I had to upgrade exactly nothing as everything is over engineered. I can remember driving the NSX until the brakes were smoking and the rotors were red hot. This is where the NSX shines if your a wrench turner. If you want something that's excellent and needs nothing right out of the wrapper then it's Ferrari.

I don't know the exact amount of miles but it was ten thousand roughly probably more. The car was in perfect condition but I didn't treat it like a garage queen. There is a guy over on f-chat who's signature is something like, not driving your Ferrari is like having a super model girlfriend and not banging her so the next guy can enjoy doing it. I took that to heart and ravaged that car every chance I got.

Maybe I just got a good Ferrari, who knows... but IMO there is a myth about Ferrari reliability for sure. With that said however I bet I could have taken my Ferrari to the dealer and they could have found a ton of expensive items to replace. The car kept driving and that was good enough for me. I wasn't interested in taking the car to the dealer so they could place worry in my mind about this and that. I simply wanted to own and drive one. I have and I can now cross it off my list. If it's also on your list, life is short, get one and cross it off. The NSX is a great car, however it's not a substitute for a Ferrari. I liked my Ferrari enough to most likely put one back on the list after my kids are grown. Right now it's just not a practical car. I spend almost all my time with my kids and the fun Ferraris only come with two seats plus I also prefer comfort at this stage in my life.

- - - Updated - - -

What 360 do you know that dyno's around 350-370 to the wheels? My comment was meant to convey the only different between the two performance-wise is straight line performance since they are comparable otherwise.

What stock NSX dynos that? Using that as a comparison dollar for dollar you'd be around the same money anyways so why not get the Ferrari. By the time you put 350hp in the NSX and upgraded everything around the motor to match performance of the motor and the car you're trying to emulate you might as well get what you wanted in the first place and you won't have to constantly tinker with it to keep it running correctly. However it's easier to buy a 25k car and drop 5k here and 5k there then to just drop the whole 75k in one shot. Plus banks don't lend out 75k for ten year old Ferraris. So I understand that can be a hurdle too. The NSX is a great car. I'm glad I owned one. There's not I car I have owned that hasn't in someway changed my feelings or thinking patterns about cars. The Ferrari really made me aware just how good something can be when someone sets out to build a specific item for specific usage. I can't even imagine just how good the really high dollar Ferraris are, but I would bet they're fantastically mind boggling.

Funny thing is, you can thank the NSX for all that you rave of about the 360....

It forced Ferrari to make an "over engineered" sports car.....

Still want to know what kind of hit you took on the sale if any??? That's what I love about my beloved NSXs...in my 11 years of owning them, I've never sold one for less then I bought it for...not a whole lot of cars around you can say that about...and it still turns heads and has strangers talking to me at gas stations at 23 years old....Honda nailed it with the NSX to say the least.....

The brakes on the NSX, every single part of the braking system is under engineered. My pads wore out rapidly and rotors wrapped consistently. I upgraded the entire brake system so this stopped being an issue, however with the Ferrari I had to upgrade exactly nothing as everything is over engineered. I can remember driving the NSX until the brakes were smoking and the rotors were red hot. This is where the NSX shines if your a wrench turner. If you want something that's excellent and needs nothing right out of the wrapper then it's Ferrari.

I don't know the exact amount of miles but it was ten thousand roughly probably more. The car was in perfect condition but I didn't treat it like a garage queen. There is a guy over on f-chat who's signature is something like, not driving your Ferrari is like having a super model girlfriend and not banging her so the next guy can enjoy doing it. I took that to heart and ravaged that car every chance I got.

Maybe I just got a good Ferrari, who knows... but IMO there is a myth about Ferrari reliability for sure. With that said however I bet I could have taken my Ferrari to the dealer and they could have found a ton of expensive items to replace. The car kept driving and that was good enough for me. I wasn't interested in taking the car to the dealer so they could place worry in my mind about this and that. I simply wanted to own and drive one. I have and I can now cross it off my list. If it's also on your list, life is short, get one and cross it off. The NSX is a great car, however it's not a substitute for a Ferrari. I liked my Ferrari enough to most likely put one back on the list after my kids are grown. Right now it's just not a practical car. I spend almost all my time with my kids and the fun Ferraris only come with two seats plus I also prefer comfort at this stage in my life.

- - - Updated - - -

What stock NSX dynos that? Using that as a comparison dollar for dollar you'd be around the same money anyways so why not get the Ferrari. By the time you put 350hp in the NSX and upgraded everything around the motor to match performance of the motor and the car you're trying to emulate you might as well get what you wanted in the first place and you won't have to constantly tinker with it to keep it running correctly. However it's easier to buy a 25k car and drop 5k here and 5k there then to just drop the whole 75k in one shot. Plus banks don't lend out 75k for ten year old Ferraris. So I understand that can be a hurdle too. The NSX is a great car. I'm glad I owned one. There's not I car I have owned that hasn't in someway changed my feelings or thinking patterns about cars. The Ferrari really made me aware just how good something can be when someone sets out to build a specific item for specific usage. I can't even imagine just how good the really high dollar Ferraris are, but I would bet they're fantastically mind boggling.

The only point I was trying to make is the 360 is a bad deal. It's vastly under powered and typically dynos around 300-310 at the wheels which is pathetic for what it was rated at (since that is only 50 to 60 more than the stock NA2). The 430 makes 100+ more at the wheels and updates everything. The best version (of that body style) is the 430 and it should be the one you want if you want to step up from an NSX.

I don't consider a car that only traps around 111 in a different performance league from an NSX.

Amen.

Years ago I drove a 355. I was really disappointed at the lack of bottom end grunt.

I got a ride in a F360. Not much of an improvement.

Only thing I consider a performance upgrade for me would be a Gallardo or F430..... until I did my SOS SC + engine build. Now an upgrade means Huracan or F458. :)

Amen.

Years ago I drove a 355. I was really disappointed at the lack of bottom end grunt.

I got a ride in a F360. Not much of an improvement.

Only thing I consider a performance upgrade for me would be a Gallardo or F430..... until I did my SOS SC + engine build. Now an upgrade means Huracan or F458. :)

Like minds, bro.

I think we've got apples and oranges here.

The NSX was designed to compete with the 328 which it outperformed and it also outperformed the 328 successor, the 348.
The NSX did the job it was designed to do and I'd say it was competitive up until the mid nineties when other marques offered newer more powerful models.
As Honda did not keep up development of the NSX it fell behind.

Now we've got former and current Ferrari owners talking about 355's, 360's and 430's.
These are all cars built after the NSX core design was done.
They should be better cars than the NSX.
They cost a great deal more.
If the dated NSX (in stock form) still held it's own against these newer Ferrari's it's a testament to the quality of the work done by the Honda engineers on the original NSX.

If the Ferrari buffs want to compare their marque against the NSX then let's hear about the correct comparison.
That's between the 328/348 and the NSX both in stock form.

If we're talking about hot-rodded NSX's with Turbo/SC then compare those to hot-rodded Ferrari 328/348's.
Comparing a Ferrari 360 to an NSX makes no sense.
That's like comparing a 360 to an LFA.

We NSX owners need to embrace the NSX for what it is.
A superior two seat mid-engined sports car that ruled the day in the early nineties and set the bar for all that followed.

Back