• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinions please... My custom wheels: I-beam or no I-beam?

I'm assuming they are stepping up to make the 18/19 combo for you guys or are they stepping up to make 17/18 combo? Either way I like it with the Ibeam.

18/19.

17/18 is impossible to do with 362mm rotors. That's why I had to sell my tires. And soon the RSII's.

Last edited:
no beam, looks cleaner..btw you could have custom hieroglyphics placed on the inside of the spokes that tell the story of how you have turned your nsx into a scuderia.... ya know....."roll like an Egyptian"

LOL.... that damn stack system is $3300. Shows temp too. They said they can make the spokes slightly thinner with no cuts so I am leaning towards that just because I think thinner spokes look longer. Now I have to decide on finish... and you know what that means... another poll and 8-10 threads. :D

If WB has the capability, how about custom 18/19 02+ replicas? If you are going custom, might as well get something that no one has.

.I'll wait for rota to make a knock off of this one....

If WB has the capability, how about custom 18/19 02+ replicas? If you are going custom, might as well get something that no one has.

As much as I love the look of the 02 wheel, it is not the lightest in design unless you hollow out the spokes which I believe the R wheel does. That's a very complicated process. It is quite strong, but a 10 spoke is a more efficient design. In fact the more spokes the lighter the wheel can be made. It is one reason the RSII is so light while not being a forged wheel. Besides that, the other issue is hat it covers too much, and I prefer such high dollar brakes to be visible so I can look fast even when I am not. :D

I actually do have the capability to get 02+ wheels made in 18/19 or 17/18, forged, but I need to sell 10 complete sets as a minimum (40 wheels) and they will be in the $4000+ range. To get them cast I would need to sell 30 sets (120 wheels). And they need payment for most of that up front. I don't think we have that kind of interest.

.I'll wait for rota to make a knock off of this one....

shhhh... that's why I said no one quote my pictures.... Once done I am going to send this thread into the abyss. :)

Last edited:
I actually do have the capability to get 02+ wheels made in 18/19 or 17/18, forged, but I need to sell 10 complete sets as a minimum (40 wheels) and they will be in the $4000+ range
Which if you look at current market availability and price (~2.5-3k for a set) for oem 02+ wheels and factor in real demand for pre 02 owners I think 17/18 oem replica for 4k is very good option for those who like to stick with oem look, run wider rears and clear BBK without spacers.

I think solid spokes but really sharp edges will look great for this wheel. Especially with the finish I am thinking about doing for my set.

Which if you look at current market availability and price (~2.5-3k for a set) for oem 02+ wheels and factor in real demand for pre 02 owners I think 17/18 oem replica for 4k is very good option for those who like to stick with oem look, run wider rears and clear BBK without spacers.

Well if I thought demand was there I would do it but I don't think 10 people are going to put up money to do this. If you think there are we can resurrect my thread and try to get it done. I have so many things on my plate right now though I may need someone else to take over the project.

So we ditched the I-beam so far and went with cuts along the face of the spokes and barrel, and extended the spokes even a bit further out. This is the latest. Again, please don't quote my photo. Thanks.

BEFDB366-FBCD-4887-B049-0A027B3C8D99_zps035e9aa9.jpg

You doing Center-lock wheels?

Looks similar to the ADV1 Track Spec SL
1.jpg

Last edited:
Don't give him any ideas lol

I already tried. Unfortunately it adds weight and it increases total offset allowing for less concave.

Love the ZE40 Regan, also my favorite volk. But 19's not available til winter, and the offsets are way out there like 15 and 20 or something. Would have gone for it otherwise.

Anyway my design is going to FEA Monday. We will try to shave weight any place possible. Now have to decide on a finish. Right now leaning towards a polished with a tinted clearcoat. I love black and darker colors but the details of the cuts get a little lost from far away.

Last edited:
Back