• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Optional Cavaran to NSXPO - Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I want to go on Weds., but having come back from a 3 week vacation on October 9th is going to look weird if I ask the boss for some more time off.........

That's to bad Man. Don't you know we're hitting every Vietnamese coffee shop from Hollister to Furnace Creek. What's another couple stinkin days when there is so many shops to see! You must be sick! :biggrin:

Jack

I lied
Actual number of Vietnamese coffee shops on our route. Zero! :wink:

Last edited:
Options , options, options.

See the great lengths we go through to coerce the members.

Options 3 and 4

Option 3----- Call in sick Tues. the 26th.
Run with the group down to Parkfield for lunch.
Report back home to wifey/girlfreind/other for dinner that night.

Option 4----- Call in sick Wed. the 27th because that tainted meal you had on Monday still flowin like the Nile River.
Run with the group the entire day all the way to Bakersfield and party that night.
Report back to wifey/girlfreind/other Wed. afternoon and take her (other) to McDonalds for a special evening out.
Report back to work Thurs. morning with news of how much more refreshed you feel having cleansed your system of all that poison.
They will give you the day off just to make sure!

See how easy that is! :smile:

Jack

Last edited:
Wife says 7:00am is too early...meaning she doesn't want to leave Fresno at 5am. So...I guess we'll come to Bakersfield Tuesday night and hook up with you all.

If this changes, please email me at [email protected].

Wife says 7:00am is too early...meaning she doesn't want to leave Fresno at 5am. So...I guess we'll come to Bakersfield Tuesday night and hook up with you all.

If this changes, please email me at [email protected].

We will be staying at La Quinta in northern Bakersfield on Tuesday night. If you want one of the rooms reserved just PM so I can give you the confirmation number to switch the room into your name and credit card. We will only hold rooms until October 18th.

La Quinta $72.00 plus tax
8858 Spectrum Parkway
Bakersfield, CA

661-393-7775

Looking forward to meeting you!

Jack

Bring FRS Radios! More details to follow.

1) yojack
2) 02#154
3) Mike C
4)Gp2race
5) Dhalsim (will be meeting up on the 2nd day)
6) bhj3 (meet on 2nd day)
7) flaminio

Here's the pics of the pre-run we did in May from Bakersfield to Furnace Creek in Death Valley National Park. We'll be doing this part of the run on Wednesday, October 27th.

Heading up Highway 178 towards Lake Isabella
IMG_4470.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

This will be a rest stop at Olancha
IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4509.jpg

Heading east on Hwy 190
IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

Mount Whitney in the background (Highest point outside Alaska)
IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

Heading down into Panamint Valley
IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

IMG_4534.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

Panamint Valley - This is for you Batmans
IMG_4542.jpg

Coming up Towne Pass
IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4623.jpg

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

Heading towards Zabrinski Point after having lunch at Furnace Creek
IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

Zabrinski Point
IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

Dante's View
IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

Lowest spot in the United States - 282 feet below Sea Level - Telescope Peak directly across the valley 11,049 feet. Check out the highway down below!
IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

From you can see the highest and lowest elevations in the continental United States at the same time
IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

From here it's 2 hours and all down hill to Vegas!:smile:
IMG_4611.jpg

This is for Jack.... :biggrin:

I am registered (confirmed via email by Don Lebentrit) for NSXPO 2010 and have made the necessary room reservations.

Mike

1) yojack
2) 02#154
3) Mike C
4)Gp2race
7) flaminio
8) NSX#75 - Arnon

1) yojack
2) 02#154
3) Mike C
4) Gp2race
7) flaminio
8) NSX#75 - Arnon
9) Smooth (meet in Bakersfield)
10) Ashik (meet in Bakersfield)
11) sycosho

1) yojack
2) 02#154
3) Mike C
4) Gp2race
5) Dhalsim
7) flaminio
8) NSX#75 - Arnon
11) sycosho

I'll be trailering down Wednesday thru Bakersfield (possibly along with Shad @DA). Gotta stick to the 55-60mph limit the whole way :frown:.

1) yojack
2) 02#154
3) Mike C
4) Gp2race
5) Dhalsim
7) flaminio
8) NSX#75 - Arnon
11) sycosho
12) DansPlan (Meet in Hollister)

YoJack - I'll contact you for last minute details soon...
Can't wait to get my "Z" ready for Z drives too!

We just returned from our New Mexico Run and we did an accurate time and distance check coming from the Bakersfield area start, to SSF.

The 275 mi. took 4-hours with one short break and we did a fairly consistent 80-85 mph up Interstate 5.

So anyone planning on joining up Wed. morning (27th) from another location (caravan leaving at 7-am sharp) has to plan accordingly with time to spare.

Jack

Batman - what could be more important than an ANNUAL event? I saw your car getting the supercharger at Driving Ambition - is it all ok? Come on, let's have SOME NSX guys at least go part way - this is NSXPO in WESTERN US! :biggrin::eek::cool:

I'm traveling to NSXPO from LA (where I live), but I'm considering going to the Bay Area (Brentwood actually) following NSXPO, likely Monday morning. What is this groups plans for the trip back?

Best,

Mario

I'm traveling to NSXPO from LA (where I live), but I'm considering going to the Bay Area (Brentwood actually) following NSXPO, likely Monday morning. What is this groups plans for the trip back?

Best,

Mario

I'll be heading back Sunday, don't know about the others.

Jack

1) yojack
2) 02#154
3) Mike C
4) Gp2race
5) Dhalsim
7) flaminio
8) NSX#75 - Arnon
11) sycosho
13) grtahoang

Adding myself to the list, driving down with Arnon-NSX#75

Batman - what could be more important than an ANNUAL event? I saw your car getting the supercharger at Driving Ambition - is it all ok? Come on, let's have SOME NSX guys at least go part way - this is NSXPO in WESTERN US! :biggrin::eek::cool:

Dam. that was suppose to be a secret - the SOS SC.

With Laminova Intercooler.

I'm having the car delivered this afternoon.

But I can't rip on it until I get this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1361491&posted=1#post1361491

I was going to "buttsecks" surprise ya'll on a "drive" and pull away at a respectable distance.

Best,

Mario
Mario,
Long time no talk. I'm heading back to Dublin on Sunday early to make it home for Halloween.

Jack,
Since Batmans can't make it, I will join the Wed caravan thru dead valley. I'm leaving dublin either tuesday evening to bakersfield or wed morning at 2am with Ashik & Smooth.

1) yojack
2) 02#154
3) Mike C
4) Gp2race
5) Dhalsim
7) flaminio
8) NSX#75 - Arnon
11) sycosho
13) grtahoang
14) REDNSXT (meet in Bakersfield)

Last edited:
Mario,
Long time no talk. I'm heading back to Dublin on Sunday early to make it home for Halloween.

Jack,
Since Batmans can't make it, I will join the Wed caravan thru dead valley. I'm leaving dublin either tuesday evening to bakersfield or wed morning at 2am with Ashik & Smooth.

1) yojack
2) 02#154
3) Mike C
4) Gp2race
5) Dhalsim
7) flaminio
8) NSX#75 - Arnon
11) sycosho
13) grtahoang
14) REDNSXT (meet in Bakersfield)

You guys can't possibly be serious about leaving at 2:00 am on Wed. morning. That's insane! :confused:

It would make more sense to leave anytime early Tues. evening, get to the 72-dollar a night hotel, get some sleep and be alert and coherent for the long day ahead. We will be making stops for picture taking and seeing some of the sights along the way, so this will not be a "how fast can we get there" day.
Seriously, I would suggest that anyone not well rested, not participate on this leg of the run. We want all to have an enjoyable drive and for all to be safe in doing so. For what you would gain leaving that late, it's not worth it!

Jack

Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Starbuck's
125 Bernal Road
San Jose, CA 95119

PLEASE NOTE DEPART TIME HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 8:00 AM ON TUESDAY.
Time: Depart 8:00 A.M. SHARP

This location has Starbuck's, McDonald's, Regal Bagel, Jack in the Box, fuel stop in addition to a large parking area.

Bring FRS Radios! More details to follow.

FIRST POST SHOULD BE UPDATED SHORTLY.

Last edited:
If I go to Brentwood (in liew of LA) I hope to hook up with anyone who is leaving Monday morning or afternoon.

See you in Vegas Phong.

Also, the LA caravan group I'm with is planning to have lunch in Barstow around noon on Wed the 26th. I'm not sure if this caravan will be in the area, but if yes, perhaps we can hook up. We will have around 9 cars. I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR ROUTE AND IT IS NOW OBVIOUSE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BARSTOW, SO SEE YOU GUYS IN VEGAS.

Best,

Mario

Last edited:
Back