• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Organizing an NSXPO caravan, SE

It's about time to start thinking about how to go to NSXPO, from parts east of Dallas. I'll offer this suggestion for those beginning their journey in, or passing through, Atlanta.

The logical route is due west on I-20, it's a straight shot to Dallas, about 750 miles. It would not be a difficult drive to handle that in a single day: a 7am (est) departure would yield an arrival around 830pm (cst), about 15.5 hrs later. This suggested drive could take place on Tues 11/5, getting registered that evening, ready for NSXPO activities beginning Wed, 11/6.

For those drivers beginning NE of Atlanta who would use I-85 on their first leg, you could join us Mon nite in Atl, and we could depart as a group Tues, heading west. If you are west of Atl (B'ham, Jackson, Shreveport, etc), you could time your departure to join the group as we pass through your vicinity on I-20.

For our esteemed Fla colleagues
wink.gif
, you may be heading west on I-10, and, at some point, it is logical to flow to the I-20 corridor to eventually reach Dallas. It also seems that you may have more ground to cover than one day will allow. So, if you went as far as Jackson, MS, on Monday, and stopped for the night, then we could all rendezvous on I-20 Tues, for the final 375 mies to Dallas. If this whole concept works, we would probably be passing through Jackson around 1-2pm (cst) Tues, and then subsequently arriving in Dallas around 8-9pm.

So that's one proposal to get the ball rolling. Please add your comments and let's develop this great annual event.

------------------
Mark H.,Atlanta
[email protected]
'91, Sebring Silver, BBSC and more...

Mark, I am interseted in that drive from Chucktown, I can be in ATL in 4.5 hours (traffic) Talk to you next week.
Charles

Originally posted by the nsxnut:
It's about time to start thinking about how to go to NSXPO, from parts east of Dallas. I'll offer this suggestion for those beginning their journey in, or passing through, Atlanta.

I’m interested in going, but haven’t made hotel or event arrangements yet.

Have you gone in the past? Do you stay for the whole event? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Rob

Originally posted by NSXEE:
I’m interested in going, but haven’t made hotel or event arrangements yet.

Go to www.nsxca.org for hotel info and the registration form. I'm flexible on "late" registrations forms; however, the hotel is contracted to hold only X number of rooms for the event. This is a gorgeous hotel that is $90 per night for NSXPO.....normally three times that amount.

I'm flexible on "late" registrations forms; however, the hotel is contracted to hold only X number of rooms for the event. This is a gorgeous hotel that is $90 per night for NSXPO.....normally three times that amount.[/B][/QUOTE]

I called in for hotel arraingements, and sent a check for membership, registration, and drivers school/track days.

This suggested drive could take place on Tues 11/5, getting registered that evening, ready for NSXPO activities beginning Wed, 11/6.

Do you plan to attend the track events, and return on 11/11 Monday?

I am definitely participating in the track days, as are several other Atl/SE area drivers. Drive home beginning Sun PM, doing 3 or 4 hours from the track, then finish on Monday.

------------------
Mark H.,Atlanta
[email protected]

I'm flexible on "late" registrations forms; however, the hotel is contracted to hold only X number of rooms for the event. This is a gorgeous hotel that is $90 per night for NSXPO.....normally three times that amount.[/B][/QUOTE]

If my wife’s plans change, allowing her to go… will she have a problem with last minute (General) registration?

If you are leaving from, or passing through, the Atlanta area, and want to
join in, please let me know.
Right now, we have:
Mark H.
Charles H.
Don N.
Rob
Ron G. (joining in B'ham)
Romeo (maybe?)
Jeff A.

We are planning to launch from I-20, west of 285, at 7am on Tues 11/5. The rendezvous
point I have in mind is I-20, exit 46B, Six Flags Dr. This is 3 exits west
of 285. Let's all meet there @6:45am and be rolling west at 7am.

------------------
Mark H.,Atlanta
[email protected]

Atlanta rendezvous site update:
at exit 46B, turn left and look for the vacant parking lot of the former Sam's Club, next to Wendy's. Everyone arrive there by 6:45 am, please.

Joining us near Birmingham on I-20 will be Ron G, and Gary Y, so we'll be up to 7 cars by then
smile.gif

------------------
Mark H.,Atlanta
[email protected]

Originally posted by the nsxnut:
Drive home beginning Sun PM, doing 3 or 4 hours from the track, then finish on Monday.

It's best for me to be back in ATL on Monday, so I'm probably going to leave on Saturday PM, giving me 1.5 days at the track. If it's really great I might stay (to heck with my boss!), but otherwise if anyone else needs to head back to ATL for Monday, we could caravan back.

I just visited my local Radio Shack, and they are selling business UHF handheld radios that do the 464.55 mHZ frequency for $79.00. That's pretty cheap, so I bought 2. I'll bring them along. The Radio Shack part number for the radio is 19-1207. It's got the A-B switch and nickel metal hydride batteries. Such a deal!

[This message has been edited by Jeff A (edited 01 November 2002).]

Back