• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out of Curiosity, Whats your job?

Randy, thanks for the kind words, but are you saying that the only artists with talent in our industry are animators?

akira3d,

Naw, that's not really what I meant. (I've actually run into a few artists who claimed they were animators, and their work left much to be desired.) Actually, I tried animating a few times, and I realized it takes a tremendous amount of skill and talent to do that stuff, plus the fact that you're doing it for a reputable company like Naughty Dog leads me to believe that your work must be good.

I'm for the most part a modeller, and I'd like to believe that my stuff is pretty good too.
smile.gif

(I just like saying I'm a no talent hack 'cuz it sounds funny. Keeps me humble.)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 11 August 2001).]

Product manager for CASIO Mobile Computing and Imaging...
IE playing around with wireless handheld computers and digital cameras.
So NSXocto, can you hook me up with something fresh?

------------------
Enjoying life at 8.000 RPM

Myself a Tailor the better half a Teacher.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

If I tell you I have to kill you
biggrin.gif

However, my three dogs' job is to guard the house and enable us to pick up their Poo-poo once a week in the yard.

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

[This message has been edited by Attitude Adjuster (edited 25 November 2001).]

Full Time - Patron _ _ _ _ _

Part Time - Mechanical Engineer

Wrote a program, sold the copyright, retired at 23…then got engaged to be married…I now have to go to work
mhihi.gif
; bought the family business—an old Ace Hardware store in downtown Dexter, Michigan—stop by sometime and I’ll buy you lunch!

DanO

Recently left one of the largest optical component companies to join a startup Contract Manufacturer as Director of Engineering--I'm about to spend a good part of my day shovellingin the Great White North!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Steve
'94 Brooklands Green Coupe (stock)
'01 Lexus GS430

Originally posted by DanO:
Wrote a program, sold the copyright, retired at 23…then got engaged to be married…I now have to go to work
mhihi.gif
; bought the family business—an old Ace Hardware store in downtown Dexter, Michigan—stop by sometime and I’ll buy you lunch!

DanO

Well I went to graduate school at UofM in Ann Arbor for 5 years does that count
smile.gif
And I know David Hwang and Mark Johnson passed through Ann Arbor too, so do I get a desert too with a Champagne bottle ...... LOLL

Seriously I wear two hats. My bread and butter is in health care consultanting as a strategic decision maker, due diliginence, and a negotiator for health care providers (medical groups, hospitals and HMOs and governmental relations - but not a lobbyist even though I have done that too in thre mid 80s in California); and I also teach health economics and strategic decision making to graduate students.

My second hat is KHrant Enterprises, the one you see on my posts, which is a mom and pop company <g> that dwells in e-commerce focusing on customized apparel (clients such as NSXCA/NSXPO for 3 years), as well as meeting some of the peculiar needs of the NSXCA community with occasional group purchases (club radios, map pouches, floor mats) ......

Cheers,

Hrant

Founder and President of Kaidan Incorporated.

Our company specializes in immersive imaging technologies (i.e. virtual tours, 3-D photographic objects) primarily used on the web.

http://www.kaidan.com

Prior to Kaidan, I was a consulting engineer specializing in systems integration, computer networking, computer-aided design systems.

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Founder and President of Kaidan Incorporated.

Our company specializes in immersive imaging technologies (i.e. virtual tours, 3-D photographic objects) primarily used on the web.

http://www.kaidan.com

Prior to Kaidan, I was a consulting engineer specializing in systems integration, computer networking, computer-aided design systems.

Hi Jimbo, how did you come up with the company name? Any significance? "Kaidan" in japanese means stairs or horror story.
biggrin.gif
So it's probably not Japanese..

Ak,

Actually the intent was to reference the Japanese word for "stairs". If you look at our logo you'll see a stairstep shape.

But as with any entreprenurial startup in these times..."horror or ghost story" might also apply from time to time.
wink.gif

Cheers!

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Environmental Health & Safety Manager - Aerospace. It's not the greatest thing having to shift my NSX at 2K when personnel from the company see me leaving.

Concerned they would say "that safety guy sure is crazy driving like that". Can't believe he reminded me to do my job safely today....

[This message has been edited by NSX4U2 (edited 06 December 2001).]

During the day, I work in a cubicle nation for a major Canadian airline. At night, I work part-time as a projectionist in a movie theatre, I wait tables at a restaraunt, and I make soap.

Electrical Engineer (Sr Manager) for Motorola in San Diego (formerly General Instrument). Work on cable TV set-top boxes and new line of consumer A/V products (no, I can't get you free cable).

Founder, president and janitor of Zublin Engineering in my spare time, working on new electronic gadgets for the NSX and other cars.

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

Student, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.
I always read these threads with great interest, as I am trying to figure out what kind of job I want to pursue when I graduate (soon). I have an auto sales background, along with professional experience in finance, yet I want to get away from retail sales. Anyone have any ideas?

Phil

------------------
integra.gif

You have car sales exp/finance exp. You need to be finance manager/director for a dealership and make yourself 8-20k/mo. However, I understand your desire to get away from retail sales especially the car business.......... (ie. 70-80 hrs/week, 7 days, etc.......) It won't make you rich but it'll get an NSX. Otherwise, use your car exp. to excel in mortgages........5/6 days/wk and good income if you work it smart.

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Back