• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Out with the old, In with the New (LED headlights)

Lost High beams but all good.. these are bright enough. They look Awwwwesome IMHO. Definitely updates the NA1 flip up headlights. Enjoy!

Made by Rigid Industries. They make awesome products.

6" E Series LED Light Bar Flood Pattern
url

I had to make custom brackets

photobpi.jpg

awesome. are they as bright as HIDs? Regular headlamps?

More pics please (with night pics).

:)

Pretty cool! Impressive! Like the idea tho i wouldn't do it. The factory flip-up works just fine for me with 8000K HID's :wink:

How does the brightness compare to the regular headlamps?? I always thought an array of LED's wouldn't be bright enough to replace headlights/HID's. I only see LED's used as accent lighting never as a replacement for your regular headlights.

Night time pictures. Excuse my photography skills.. Last picture i tried to lower the exposure to -3. I think i will add another set of lights to disperse more light to the sides.

TwoDuallys-2T.jpg

img0892jc.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Night time pictures. Excuse my photography skills.. Last picture i tried to lower the exposure to -3. I think i will add another set of lights to disperse more light to the sides.

TwoDuallys-2T.jpg

img0892jc.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Damn though led's are BRIGHT :eek:. I guess you won't have to worry about not able to see anymore :biggrin:

I have thought about using the SR10 specter series elsewhere to augment my HIDs, though it never crossed my mind to replace the headlights with SR6.
Very cool mod

You get any crap from the cops yet? those puppies are BRIGHT and generally are designed for off-road vehicles

The 50" double row version are used on race trucks for the Baja 1000 race and also on military vehicles in active war zones

Rigid is just down the road in Mesa, AZ. Nice group of guys too
Outstanding products

My Toyota Tundra is getting an SR30 this winter :)

It's pretty cool but I am certain not legal.

Bright they are indeed. I wonder what on coming cars think about you.:biggrin: You need some pics with the car lets say 100/200 feet away. I'd like to see that. Maybe one could have a pair of the 3' on each side for high/low beams.

What's the beam pattern like? How do you adjust it so you don't affect oncoming drivers?

The bracket that i had made, lets me adjusts the lights side to side/up and down. Its pretty much the light is on rails and you can slide them any way you want. I don't believe on coming traffic will be bothered by my lights because the beams are facing down and the car is pretty low...

Pretty cool setup! They do look super bright though so I'm not sure how on coming traffic will like them.

Is that a sun roof on your car?

I applaud the DIY and creativity!

However, i'm sure oncoming traffic must hate you. They are called flood lights for a reason and you do not see the stray artifacts in your pics. I have the same LED lightbar on my 4x4 but a 4 foot version. It lights up the trail like you wouldn't believe.

A better beam pattern should be like this.
dscn1624bo8.jpg

Not quite like this where even the trees are lit up
scaled.php

Not trying to be a d*ck.. just want to prevent accidents. Like I said.. I totally applaud the creativity! Looks cleanly installed too.

They look cool and bright at close distance but longer in the photos looks dim and i would worry that at speed you will basicly outrun your vision (very limited fov). Can't always use the brights. It's a factor of LED's and their lens' and the reason it's not on every new car "yet".

Be safe
Mike

Looks like the install was done right, thanks for sharing, I wish I could see these in pearson, they look cool and some how intimidating (batmobilishhh):smile:

Back