• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Out with the old, In with the New (LED headlights)

Looks like the install was done right, thanks for sharing, I wish I could see these in pearson, they look cool and some how intimidating (batmobilishhh):smile:

It's pretty cool but I am certain not legal.

These are 100% not legal and if you get caught with them you are subject to fine + impound.

Idea is novel but those LED's are strictly for off-road trucks and I see them every year at SEMA. Again it's a good idea but certainly not DOT approved for road use.

In fact even on jeeps and 4x4, in some states they are required to be COVERED when car is being driven on the public highway.

Interesting idea.
Why would they be illegal ?
My Prius has them from factory and new R8 has LED headlights.
Its not that LED is illegal is just the set he has used is not for road use yes ?

Also, after having LED's for a year they are better than HID's in terms of light, heat but obviously cost is still prohibitive.

Im sure they are "illegal". But even the way the beam patter is, it does NOT bother any oncoming traffic. Unless you drive a car that is lower then the nsx. Ive driven by several cops with the lights on and have gotten thumbs up and just looks but never pulled over yet. *crossing my fingers* i dont run into any cops that aren't feeling the lights.

Interesting idea.
Why would they be illegal ?
My Prius has them from factory and new R8 has LED headlights.
Its not that LED is illegal is just the set he has used is not for road use yes ?

Also, after having LED's for a year they are better than HID's in terms of light, heat but obviously cost is still prohibitive.

Yes you are correct. In the US the lights are not DOT approved for use as a headlight and even if they were, once put into the oem housing they are once again illegal. Same goes for the HID kits everyone installs.

Mike

Back