• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Outrageous Oil/Filter Service Pricing

An absolute steal. Unless the technician that did it is getting paid minimum wage (highly unlikely since only Master Acura Technicians get to be NSX Technicians), that dealer probably had to pay most of that $80 they collected all to the technician.

Sure, there were few dollars allocated to the labor but the bill was still over $400 (I am not complaining).

The dealership just has some fun accounting approach that appears to favor charges related to the parts counter.

It almost feels like dealerships magically underprice oil changes to bring folks in. My Infiniti dealership has an express change for $40 and I can get a full breakfast if I want. As I mentioned before, for my S2000 around 2000-2001 I purchased a 12 change card from the local dealer that came out to $12 per change. I could get a shuttle ride home, a car wash, coffee and fresh fruit too.

OIL change $$

I recently paid $299 at Johnston Acura in Des Moines.
They did it at the same time as my gas tank & brake light recall. (Oct 2018).
I was happy.

2017 130R White on Red

I recently paid $299 at Johnston Acura in Des Moines.
They did it at the same time as my gas tank & brake light recall. (Oct 2018).
I was happy.

2017 130R White on Red

+1 at my NJ dealer (oil change and recall work), last month. $299.

This past weekend my dealer didn't charge me for the oil change on my 03. Pleasantly surprised.

Just so you all know. There’s a good amount of labor overlap involved for an oil change if the car is in for the fuel tank recall. $299 would be a great price if it was a standalone oil change. Doing it with the fuel tank recall? Meh not that great.

Just so you all know. There’s a good amount of labor overlap involved for an oil change if the car is in for the fuel tank recall. $299 would be a great price if it was a standalone oil change. Doing it with the fuel tank recall? Meh not that great.

What would you consider a great quote?

What dealership was that?
Thanks

Autosport Acura of Denville.

Back