• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy P2F Type R Style Carbon Center Console

R style carbon console

Here are pics of the shifter boot mount. Its very secure and uses OEM screws. OEM console has a thin layer of weather stripping on the perimeter of the shifter boot. You can purchase that at Home Depot if you wish. We did not use it.

We will close this Intro/GB after Thxgiving and this price will not be the same later.
Sign up and pay and you should have yours before X'mas. DIN water jet cutting and UV cleared coated are $50 extra each.

Weight of this full carbon piece is =~ 10 oz. +/-

*We are cutting the DIN 0.40" from the bottom of the climate control, We are not stereo guys so YOU need to make sure this will work with your specific stereo/display and no crying, no returns if they don't bolt on. Or, if you are DIY type, we can leave it blank and you can cut it yourself. You may need to fabricate brackets to mount to the rear of your device.

Last edited:
>does the back of the console have a thin weather stripping like oem?
OEM console uses a very thin layer of weather stripping-like material on the back around the openings, ie. climate control, shifter boot, radio, tape deck....etc.for better finish fit. We DO NOT include this material as you can purchase them at Home Depot. When you remove the oem console, you can see this weather-stripping on the back.

For those who haven't paid, as a courtesy, please let us know if you'd changed your mind so we don't hold others waiting for nothing.

Update: We will offer other shapes cut at this location/plane without extra cost. ie. a single DIN with a few round holes for gauges or a USB cut-out. Just let us know the general location you want.

Thank you for those who paid and we have a couple backed out so we are looking for a few more to keep the cost down doing a batch.

Hello,
I am also interested in purchasing a console. Even though I have a double din headunit I wish to install, I think I will purchase your console without any pre-cut holes and have it done locally once I can exactly measure out the face.
Please let me know how to proceed in paying you $395 shipped to NorCal.

Thanks for making a great-bang-for-the-buck product!

Matte please.
Does that mean it has no protection at all?

Last edited:
>Does the matte not have any sort of coating/protection whatsoever?
thats correct. If you want to paint it, you must use 800 grit and sand it as it will have release agent on the surface which won't bond with the paint or whatever you plan to use. That is what we do before we UV/clear coat.

Thanks for the information, as well as taking the time to call and go over it all. I appreciate it.
As discussed, I will pay for you to gloss and cut for a possibly smaller double din opening. I'll leave the details in the PayPal notes once I've figured out the dimensions.
What is the thickness of the console? My unit has a lip, and to make it as flush as possible, I wanted to see if the lip might touch the back of the console.

Thank you!

What is the thickness of the console? My unit has a lip, and to make it as flush as possible, I wanted to see if the lip might touch the back of the console.

the area where the cut will be is ~.055-.060" thk. that is w/ the UV coat. don't know how thick that is.

Thanks T.
I just made a paypal payment of $495 with instructions for a customized cut.
Looking forward to getting this installed!

Thank you for the update.
I'm very much looking forward to this. Mid-Jan will be perfect timing, as I hope my car will be completed by then.
I already have everything I need to get this installed. After the 2002+ refresh and this console, along with the new stereo equipment, it'll feel like a new car in my mind!

f74bb7da7b0ad91d3ca6538345425464.jpg

Last edited:
We are now back to work on today and nothing happened after X'mas to New Year to spend time with family & recoup. We are almost done with the 1 batch(flat finish and no cut) and yours needs a double DIN so we have to line up and wait for the water jet vendor to fit us in, those who needs glossy finish will have to be inline with another vendor after the cut.

Its a slow process as there are 3 vendors involved and its the end of the year with X'mas & NY in between, but we will deliver.

I have a question on the water jet cutting process on these consoles. If you order these, do we send the specs of the double din radio we want installed? Is the cut going to compensate for the radios that have the motorized/tilt face? Or do we just send the name of the radio and you take it from there? Like for myself, I have the Kenwood DDN992 which is a 6.95" radio which the front opens so you have access to the CD port and it has the tilt function. Is it extra to cut the opening for the coin tray? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Tone,
short ans.
we need to keep it simple. single DIN is 7"x2", double DIN is 7"x4" and the corners are 90 deg. cut and the cuts are clean as posted.

Long ans.
We are not stereo guys and can't/don't know all the different sizes. If we accept customer sizes, corners, etc. we will surely get it wrong as there are too many variations on the market and folks send it pictures, drawing, notes of how it needs to cut to suit their app. is a door open to make mistakes(for the water jet) and mis-communication and ruin the relationship with our vendor.

The cut starts 0.040" below the climate control and we depend on the water jet guy to center it the best he can. As far as the tilting function, you need to see your local stereo guys to make it work. This means, even if we get it right, it "might" not be a 100% P&P so some "fiddling" will be require to fit your custom unit.

It was not an easy business decision as we weren't going to offer the cut in the beginning(knowing all the variations involved) as we have no control of the cutting process and we have no return policy but we had many requests asking for custom cuts so we're going to give it a try. We are finishing the 1st batch and will be waiting in line for the water jet cut next week. If this blows up, we'll revert back to the normal R-style w/ no cut.

You can wait and see how it all turns out then decide. Cutting carbon using dremel is a nasty process and the carbon dust is dangerous to your health.
We have 3 custom sizes right now(yes they are the guinea pigs), IFF all turns out 100% w/ no complains and no oops! (including the water jet guy), we will then offer custom size cuts BUT you must remember, once yours are cut, there is no return as all are made to order. We are trusting the water jet guy does the right set up so the less variation, the less chance to make mistakes. No production process like individual variations, so in this case, more set up time is required and charged for just a few pieces. we are keeping our fingers cross and so should you.

We are a week away from finishing the 1st batch. Things always go slower than we expect especially its the year of the monkey.:smile:

Last edited:
Sorry guys for the slow process.
we are finishing the last piece and then its waiting in line for the water jet cut and then its the UV glossy coat. Its the 1st batch for this product so we want to make sure its right.
we only have one mold and recent cold temp in the shop doesn't help the curing process either. We are getting close. Thanks for being patience with us.

Any update on this, I will eventually order one as well with no cut and UV Glossy coat. What would be the price shipped to 55014.

We will start another GB after the 1st batch is shipped. Price will go up $50 for the part and shipping to MN ~$25-30(guessing). Was told USPS rate is going up on the 17th and too bad this part won't fit in the Flat Shipping box:mad:

we got other project going on as well but NSX-wise, we got the oem adj. pre-preg wing(75%+ done), side scoop(wip), B-pillar(wip), frt splitter(wip) so its taking us a while to release new parts.

So the next group buy price will be $545 + $20/$30 shipping? Shipping is not included in the price like the first group buy?

The 2nd GB will be $450 + USPS shipping. The best way to buy our product is when its 1st released for lowest pricing, free shipping etc.
The 3rd GB may go up depending on the 2nd and what the market willing to bear.

We want the early adopters to trust our product enough to buy and reward them with the intro price. If we keep doing the intro price, we will be out of biz in a hurry.
We have to up the price later to stay in business to make more parts. This is not the normal AM parts biz as we see Prime as a "family" affair of a few thousand.

We don't buy from 3rd party to stock and resell so typically we can't ship asap cuz we have to make them to order to keep the cost down.

We are slow cuz the market of NSX parts is v. small but we WILL ship, so far we are very lucky with USPS w/ tracking but USPS does not guarantee receiving should something happen. UPS/FEDEX will but they cost a lot more.

Last edited:
Back