• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy P2F Type R Style Carbon Center Console

Well, you can't change people's mind that price does not equal to value. Quite a few still laughing at the parts we make because NONE of it make any hp. Which is a very true comment.:wink:
BTW, I am coming down in late March, if you are around, lets grab some crawfish:biggrin:

Thanks T!
I just received it about 15 mins ago. It's a beaut!
It has a tiny little nick on the left side towards the bottom, but 5 secs with a black sharpie, and it's hardly noticeable.
The double din cut opening is a tiny bit larger from top to bottom than my spec, but nothing that is a problem. It's better to be a tiny bit larger than too small.
When we received the package from our mailman, my 3 year old son was handed the box, and said that it's empty. It's that light.
I will update this thread with photos of it installed, once I get my car back.

Thanks again for such a quality product!!

Last edited:
Yawwn, you have a strong boy:biggrin:. good lesson for him to know what a real CF feels like and don't blame us if he asks for that for his 1st bike. :smile:

These are all hand made, then to get the cutting perfect with a vendor is quite risky as we have no control so to get it 100% is somewhat a gamble as the vendor does the marking the best they can according to different dimensions for such a small batch is asking for trouble. Its not an excuse but just the fact of making low qty parts. We'll see how the next batch turns out then we'll decided if its worth the headache for us to out source that operation. We are leaning towards not to outsource as this piece will look serious bling with just UV coat and no cut. We did not plan to build this piece for DIN cuts. This piece is a foundation for a future CAN bus project that has no room for a stereo. None of our guys are willing to polish it to perfection like ProCar parts. :frown:

I cant lie. Im extremely disappointed. The weave is broken and stretched in so many places that light shines through all over it and its extremely unattractive as well as warped. I will test the fitment tonight but so far Id have to paint it to make it look halfway presentable. but my initial analysis says the eBay one thats less than half the price looks and fits better
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• nsxdash2.jpg
    nsxdash2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 584
  • nsxdash.jpg
    nsxdash.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 601
  • nsxdash3.jpg
    nsxdash3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 582
  • nsxdash4.jpg
    nsxdash4.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 590
  • nsxdash5.jpg
    nsxdash5.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 590
  • nsxdash6.jpg
    nsxdash6.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 583
  • nsxdash7.jpg
    nsxdash7.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 591
Mike,
send it back. don't paint it. we'll fix it. the Ebay piece has no solution for the shifter mount. Overseas labor is way cheaper than ours. this piece will fit perfect and tight. this piece is not a stress part so one layer is stiff enough for what its for, using 2-3 layers will be overkill. Even the oem piece will flex but not when its mounted. when you shine the light through, you will see bright spots. Its like put your T-shirt against the light, you will see spaces. Its normal but you will never see the lights when its mounted. We'll use UV flat finish to make it pretty.
Its meant as a race part not a boutique part.

Last edited:
Seems like you are trying the best in your power to make it right so this will fall on the customer side if they do not want to follow through. Thumbs up for pol2flag!

Mike,
plz send it back and don't Plastic coat. we'll give you a full refund.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, plz send it back for refund or remove the pic you posted because they will be fixed.

Mike,
plz provide USPS tracking when you ship this part back. the original shipping box should be in good shape. Just put everything back with no Plasti paint. That stuff is a nitemare to remove. shipping its only ~ $10 AFAIR. We'll pay for it as well. Then we can paypal you back asap so you have the funds to buy at least 3 Ebay consoles but their shipping for each is $30(?). We are happy to put your name on the preferred customer list should you buy something else from us again.

Paid and PM Sent.

Mike,
plz provide USPS tracking when you ship this part back. the original shipping box should be in good shape. Just put everything back with no Plasti paint. That stuff is a nitemare to remove. shipping its only ~ $10 AFAIR. We'll pay for it as well. Then we can paypal you back asap so you have the funds to buy at least 3 Ebay consoles but their shipping for each is $30(?). We are happy to put your name on the preferred customer list should you buy something else from us again.

why would there be any plasti paint (if its plastidip you mean)? I appreciate you taking it back which is a great show of integrity on your part. It will go out today in its original packaging via UPS (theyre more reliable). I would certainly do business with you again. Again Im sorry this part didnt meet expectation. Another vendor thankfully has stepped up to fill the void thankfully. again I appreciate your great ethic.

Paid with
WELLS FARGO BANK NA
Your backup is VISA
Transaction ID
8AU039919C208845X
Sent to
Michael
brooklynassmike
Note to Michael R.
refund for NSX center console w/ usps shipping
Details
Sent to Michael R.$455.00
Fee$0.00
Total$455.00

Last edited:
Center Console update

On this very Good Friday, we managed to have one sample of faded matte finish by the painter who agreed to offer 3 different finish on the center console. 1) All Black Gloss, 2) All Black Matte, and for the brave ones, 3)faded matte as posted here so in case you don't like the faded finish as its by the painter's discretion, you can paint it all black yourself. If you are not sure what you want, go with the safer option 1 or option 2. We should have this batch finish by next week end and then its off to the water jet.

Looks good liftnot. That's a nice new option.

I can't wait to get my car back so I can install my console. It's still in the box, but I'm hopeful I'll get my car back in about a month.
I'll post pics once it's installed.
In the meantime, here is a pic of it.

54ccf0cae686549d38c713cbec8583d4.jpg

I cannot say enough good things about Pole2FlagRacing. Their customer care is first class. I know first hand they don't short cuts on their products so if there is a problem, he will always go out of his way to fix it.

You have many options, Ebay, CL, DF, etc, and they are all cheaper than us.

We don't know each other and they are not our competitor so we got nothing to worry. they do not exclusively selling NSX product(hint #1 = rice=>not that there is anything wrong with that), their console doesn't have a good shifter mounting solution and 3M double side tape is very cheese & does not like heat(hint #2 ) thus is not PNP and its like the typical Dali parts, you have to fiddle. they have plenty in stock (hint #3 ) vs we made to order, no option to cut it to size, etc..... so this usually means its an oversea product with oversea labor vs our CA min. wage just gone up and our labor are ex-IMSA composite guys.

The cosmetic "flaw" in pix is fixed easily as this is not a structure piece and its quite difficult to get the weaves 100% so it will be painted in the future. Some vendors of the same piece use fiberglass which we believe its more fitting for cars like the Integra/Civic/RSX :wink:

We made this piece not for bling nor for the stereo folks but since this is a tight community, we try our best to please but sometimes its not possible. We may not offer the cutting DIN cut option anymore because stereo sizes can be all different than the standard DIN sizes and if the custom measurements provided by the customer is off, we don't take it back which makes people really :mad::mad:. Besides, this piece is PITA to set up to cut and no vendors like to make parts 5 at a time but our vendors are friends from way back.

Hint#4, the way water jet cuts the material with such a high pressure, if the pieces is not made well, the starting cutting point will "blister" which means the piece is poorly laid and will delaminate. So it should tell you right there the way our piece is made. Some people care, some don't. Wet lay up is weak but great for surfboard only.

Hint#5 - carbon dust is very dangerous so we don't want you to cut it with a dremel tool by hand. This should be jig-ed to cut it clean.

We are not the only game in town and you have plenty of options in terms of price. To post pix like #82 will scare us and end up on our list, as its not even a problem at all. The only con ordering from us is you have to wait until its made BUT we WILL ship. None of us are "racing" with a big winning prize on the line that need the part NOW. If you have problem with it, contact us thru PM. No need to post to the world.

FYI, we try to make parts that are upgrades not mods. IMO, typically mods are only doing one specific task but upgrades provide a multiple of benefits and usually are better, stronger, lighter = faster and you should feel it working for you ALL the time even if its not in operation. We may not succeed at this 100% but thats how we're taught to think. The real reason we made this piece is we are working to integrate this piece for future upgrade$ that needs CAN bu$ technology and more if we succeed along the way. Hopefully by the end of this year because we believe solutions for the past($) is not ideal for the problems of the present($$$). This also depends if you want to keep the NSX forever or you want to buy and flip.

Last edited:
After trying to fix and work with the original center console (mine was cracked) I went with the Science of Speed center console and had it wrapped in carbon fiber by the guy that put my 3M invisible bra on the car. It took a couple try's but he did a great job. I also had the vents and clock wrapped as well. Science of speed sells a cigarette lighter that I put in the armrest with cup holders (not very useful but a good use of the space).

The he console was a big pain since it does not have screw holes for the shift boot (I went with a type R boot and got a carbon fiber shift knob as well). This was difficult since you need to appoxy them into place. The shift knob was also difficult to get into place as well since it did not have direct threads on it to attach to the shift rod.

I also wired a direct iphone input input into my head unit (I hate Bluetooth) which is an Apline (I did not want to go double din). The guy that wrapped the console cut the hole for the radio after we discussed optimum placement. Overall a real painful project that I think came out pretty good.

Picture to follow

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the pictures. My iPad didn't like posting. Here are some pictures of the console and armrest.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/6cedc316/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the link for the console.

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/scienceofspeed-composite-center-console.html

The console fit great! The only hard part was that the coin bin and shift boot had to be glued into place rather than held in with the screws like the factory. The SOS console was a perfect fit other than that.

You can see in the pics that it looks great.

It took me a while to get everything cleaned up (you can't help getting some appoxy on the console and parts. That project took around 3 months and I would say it came out about 90% prefect.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/10d67d40/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

It looks like carbon, it smells like carbon, it feels like carbon, but its not carbon. We use fiberglass for surfboards only. IMO, Carbon is more fitting for a car like the NSX, fiberglass seems like a downgrade but sometimes you can't help it.

The latest batch is finished as of this morning and its off to H2O jet and then post finishing. Will be in Canada to visit family and return to ship by 5/4.

Last edited:
Back