• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paint

zim

Registered Member
Hello everybody!

One of my friends just brought me a paint she did, based on my car.
It is an oil painting.

10379PICT1177-med.JPG

Details :
10379PICT1169-med.JPG

She loves NSX and she is open to realize a painting for you if you are interested to get your own one.
Just PM me and I'll ask her! (price is about $500, shipping not included, for a 60x50 cm).

I love watching my X on the wall while she's actually hibernating :wink:

i'm impressed that she tried to tackle such a technical rendering using oil based medium. i know how difficult it is to work with oils. and one of my most HATED mediums while at artcenter. so i KNOW how much work went into it. but unfortunately most will not appreciate the time that goes behind oil-renderings because they won't get passed the obvious lack in perspective, disortion, etc...

but all in all... great piece..and being that its your car... all the better for you!

She's actually an art restorator, so using oil or any other mediums doesn't impress her. I saw a lot of her work on different paintings, it's really cool !

goldNSX said:
So you need a car for one week?

no... ideally with a subject matter like a car... you can shoot it under the lighting you want.... and just photo reference to paint from that...

eNeSeX 95T said:
prob about 1 week or less. My mom does professional oil paintings and takes about that long.

depends... some processes can take a lot longer. depends on the combination of oils-binders/paints/etc is being used... and of course ultimately the desired effect. to get a deep/translucent look like rembrandt... might take a few weeks :biggrin:

JDMnsxR said:
no... ideally with a subject matter like a car... you can shoot it under the lighting you want.... and just photo reference to paint from that...

but it's no real painting like Mona Lisa then...:)

my painting was based on a shoot of my car that I sent her (should retrieve it and post it...)

it took about less than 3 weeks : in fact there is a varnish on the top and it was long to get it dry..

I just compared the picture I posted here and the original painting : well, the pictures are really bad! The painting is actually darker.. and better :wink:

Back