• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painting brake calipers (color recommendations)

Does any one have any pics of white nsx with painted brake calipers?

I used my Supra as test dummy :biggrin: and painted the calipers using the Dupli-Color brake caliper paint kit, came out amazing. I am going to do the same for my NSX calipers.

I am considering these colors for the caliper and NSX lettering:

Black (polished NSX lettering)
Red (black or white NSX lettering)
Bronze (black/polished NSX lettering)
Silver (black/white NSX lettering)

evof575gtc said:
can you do mine in gold?

Sure, it is easy, the prep takes longer than painting the caliper, but not that bad, we can probably do both cars at same time, I got metal brush, brake dust cleaner and sand paper for prep, you just need to find the paint kit in gold, unfortunately Dupli-color does not have gold paint available. They come in Silver, Black, Yellow, and Red.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/caliper.html
can_caliper.jpg

On a white car, I would not recommend red or bronze. The contrast would be too garish. After all, what looks really nice about white cars is how clean and sleek they look - a look that would get spoiled by adding a color that doesn't appear anywhere else on the car's exterior.

I would go with silver or black.

I agree with Nsxtasy. If your wheels are gunmetal grey as they appear to me in your avatar, I would paint the calipers black, not silver. Black is also great with the black top.

I have darker wheels and used a can of Semi gloss Black BBQ paint I had in the garage. No Bling, but looks good to me. :biggrin:

I would have gone along with black but after seeing white with black letters on white car, looks very nice! My only concern would be dirt/dust. JMO.

I went black w silver lettering and would do it again.

I don't like black or silver. They don't stand out at all. If this is what you want (for them to not stand out) then there is your answer

My fav is red. I love seeing the red dash of color as the wheels are spinning. The gold on the last gen's is nice too!

Back