• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Painting the coolant bottle...

I've read about this on the FAQ but I wanted to a get long-term report from someone who has done this.

I removed my engine cover this past weekend for the hell of it. The car has been getting so much more attention that it's hard to put it back on. However, the coolant bottle destroys the effect.

I noticed in the FAQ that people recommend using a acrylic paint because it's flexible. However I don't know of a plastic paint that can withstand temperatures above 200 degrees. What have you used? I want to go dark grey, so that it blends in. I'm aware that Dali has a cool replacement bottle, but I don't want to spend $150 if I don't have to.

Marc

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

I had my coolant bottle powdercoated black which gives the engine bay a whole new look.
My bodyshop did it for me for free since I was gonna install my bodykit there. It's been about 4 months now and the coolant bottle is still in perfect shape.

I would replace it with Dali bottle:
1. better looking 2. durable: don't have to deal with cracking and possibly towing your car.

Dali bottle does not cost that much compare to OEM bottle.

If you're into colored look, then I'm sure Mark J. will powder coat it to your liking.

You got the wheels and the spoiler, now it's time to move into the engine area (mo money). Yes, money pit it is.......but I enjoy it!

Back