• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painting whole car..

Okay some of your opinions are needed. I'm going to paint my car.

berlina black

Flat black with a flat clear coat. No shine.. i saw this done on a tahoe and it looked bad ass with black wheels.

Camouflage with a shiny clear coat or Camouflage with a dull clear coat.

thanks

Paint it Berlina Black. Don't ruin another NSX.

On second thought.... go ahead, Camouflage with a dull clear coat. One less marketable NSX raises the resale for the rest of us.

While you're at it, you should make it look like this. :D

sputniktoys_1950_2095198

berlina black

Flat black with a flat clear coat. No shine.. i saw this done on a tahoe and it looked bad ass with black wheels.

Camouflage with a shiny clear coat or Camouflage with a dull clear coat.

thanks

Since you failed to mention what car you meant by "my car", I bet it's a civic or integra ls or something like that. In which case, camo belongs on hunting trucks and military trucks, not cars. I say go with the flat black on that civic or integra or whatever. I see alot of little teenage "racers" running around my town in their civics painted flat black. I mean it looks like crap because it's on some civic hatch that gets driven around regularly and dinged and and banged into in parking lots though. Looks even worst with the coffee can muffler. I guess it's "easier to hide from the police" though. I sugguest painting your civic a nice shiney color. Plain single color with a nice glossy clear. Those just look so much nicer.

Now if you're talking nsx......................:confused: :eek: :frown:

Since you failed to mention what car you meant by "my car", I bet it's a civic or integra ls or something like that. In which case, camo belongs on hunting trucks and military trucks, not cars. I say go with the flat black on that civic or integra or whatever. I see alot of little teenage "racers" running around my town in their civics painted flat black. I mean it looks like crap because it's on some civic hatch that gets driven around regularly and dinged and and banged into in parking lots though. Looks even worst with the coffee can muffler. I guess it's "easier to hide from the police" though. I sugguest painting your civic a nice shiney color. Plain single color with a nice glossy clear. Those just look so much nicer.

Now if you're talking nsx......................:confused: :eek: :frown:

It's a nsx 91. it's currently berlina black.

Attachments

• Photo_031107_007.jpg
    Photo_031107_007.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 316
I see dealer plates on that NSX and you joined Prime in April of this year. Did you just buy it?

If yes, then leave it alone for a while before making any major changes like paint. The more you drive it, the more you will want to keep it the way it is. Take your time before making such a huge paint change decision.

It's your car, you should do what makes you happy.

But since you asked for opinions, mine is that both of your suggested choices are absolutely terrible.

It could look nice if done in good taste.

I was thinking of stripping all the paint off of mine and doing hard anodizing (black) the entire car inside and out. Then Mate Black all the plastic

Sweet weight savings.

You asked for opinions - here's mine: DON'T ruin a beautiful car by painting it in such an awful manner. :eek:

Where's the little barfy-guy icon when you need him?

i wanted flat black also, i got the same crap on here...paint it however you want...its your car, its only a car....its not and wont be a collector car anyway so as long as your happy.

lol.. camo.. haha.. here's a few pics..

camouflage_voiture20050825152654.jpg

2004%20Ford%20F-150%2040-20-40%20Neo%20Camo.jpg

camo_porsche.jpg

phantom-camo-28-10-06.jpg

Ken_Block_05_big.jpg

VT_Car_04_Camo_big.jpg

04-zebraa31.jpg

Camo%20Lamborghini.jpg

just threw this one in.. keke
camo-wedding%20dress.jpg

keke.. IMO, you should keep your car one color.. and a shiny one at that..

i can't get over how rude people are on these forums, and you wonder why i don't post.

if you really want to do it, i think flat black would look badass, maybe with a semigloss? make sure you get it done right though, which i'm sure you would.

avoid the camo though.

flat black would look really cool. when it come time for a paint job on my car I will do that and drive it 150mph every were I go.

If anyone thinks people are rude on this forum, this thread in particular, they need to read the quote from warren. How are people being rude by giving their opinion?

thanks

If you don't want to hear someones opinion about a subject DON'T ASK FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Now here is my opinion, DON'T DO IT!!!!!

I'm willing to bet that my opinion won't keep you from doing whatever you want to, so just do it.

BTW, I do like the chic in the camo dress. Camo goes good on her. The dress would still look better in a heap on the floor.

Brad

Back