• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parking brake doesn’t click or grab or engage

Hi guys, over the past few years I’ve noticed that the I have to pull up the parking brake a few times for it to engage or click. By that I mean I have to pull it up and push it back down and then pull up again a couple times for it to click/engage. Today no matter how many times I do that it won’t click or engage. I’ve searched and haven’t found anything related to that issue. I have the console removed and the cables look good. Where do I go from here? Is there something to adjust or does the whole assembly have to be replaced? Thanks for your help.

Charlie

That is it! I didn’t even notice about the button being stuck in but I did what you suggested and it works perfect.I got the button working better by just pressing it in and out a bunch but could probably make it less sticky if there was a way to clean inside it. Does the button come out? Thanks for the help.

That is it! I didn’t even notice about the button being stuck in but I did what you suggested and it works perfect.I got the button working better by just pressing it in and out a bunch but could probably make it less sticky if there was a way to clean inside it. Does the button come out? Thanks for the help.

The knob it's just a threaded knob with a spring. It's very tight and difficult to unscrew it without damaging the chrome plated. You may try to use a soft-jaw plier to remove it, if you are trying to keep the existing knob. Here're 2 photos that may help you to picture inside.1.jpeg2.jpg

Thanks for the photos and the input! Appreciate it.

Thanks drew, after working the button some I think it is good to go, but if I end up trying to take it out I will try the rubber band trick or the soft pliers.

Back