• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Percentage of 100% stock cars?

I added a smartenna.
Is mine still considered "100%" stock?

I'd say it's stock but not absolutely stock for the purists. Interesting that this thread results in a discussion about the definition of 'stock'. :) It's not easy. Maybe a professional with background of classic cars can chime in.

.01% That live in a bubble. (Yes, some are in bubbles)

Going forward there are very few that have stock shocks, springs, wheels, exhaust. As long as you keep the stock parts, no big deal.
Have restored about a dozen Modified muscle cars back to "stock" condition.
Some, to NCRS standards.

That might be a good place for folks here to learn about "stock" Judging.
Survivor class, etc. Check out NCRS judging standards.
One of the more anal org's. And that's what you want in this area....

One thing for sure, exhaust and susp really make this car more fun to drive.

No way I would rather have "stock" NSX: Much prefer the sound of the Tubi, and flat cornering. Way more fun.

Last edited:
.01% That live in a bubble. (Yes, some are in bubbles)

Going forward there are very few that have stock shocks, springs, wheels, exhaust. As long as you keep the stock parts, no big deal.
Have restored about a dozen Modified muscle cars back to "stock" condition.
Some, to NCRS standards.

That might be a good place for folks here to learn about "stock" Judging.
Survivor class, etc. Check out NCRS judging standards.
One of the more anal org's. And that's what you want in this area....

One thing for sure, exhaust and susp really make this car more fun to drive.

No way I would rather have "stock" NSX: Much prefer the sound of the Tubi, and flat cornering. Way more fun.

Interesting. I wonder if some day, there will be judging guidelines and a panel of experts to judge/grade NSXs. :)

Let's talk about 25 years from now, the "import" scene is what the "muscle" car era was ages ago ...

In 25 years I am sure some stuff will survive, per ex. if you have an NSX that was completely rebadged to HONDA (steering wheel included to JDM standards) i think you'll do fine ... and also, few brands will survive with no problems, like, Mugen, Spoon, etc .... the closest to JDM you'll be fine ....

Exhaust, Suspension would be also a either win or lose ... depending on the quality of the brand used / condition ..

The collector scene will be very different as now, and many people would know the difference between a real Type-R wing to a copy ... that's when the Stock wing will come handy ... :D

Oscar

Make that at least 2 100% bone stock NSX's in California. I do have a question. Since you can't get the oem tires anymore for a 91, does that make us 99.99% stock?

You don't still drive on those tires do you?

You don't still drive on those tires do you?

Obviously driving a lot is not really the case here :D ..... I wonder how many miles his X has ..
Oscar

Hey while you early 91 NSX owners are yaking about your cars, I need to know FOR SURE what month my car was manufactured for a new VIN sticker to go in the door jamb. Here is what I have so far, VIN 262 MFG 07/90, my car VIN 265 MFG ??/90 and VIN 358 MFG 08/90. I need someone with a 91 VIN later than my car that is still MFG in 07/90 to confirm a 07/90 date for my car.

Thomas I appologize for HI-JACKING your thread, I just need a little help here.
Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:
I had my extra set of stock wheels "smoked" to look like the 350 Z wheels on my 1991 red nsx and then powercoated the calipers red with NSX letters black. Been told this keeps it from being stock but who cares, its really brings the looks out that much more..

Back