• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pet Peeves

The phrases: "but that's just me" and "I'm just say'in".

People who use the name of Jesus Christ in their posts as an intensive or curse.

Last edited:
Somehow I'm not surprised nobody's mentioned mine: being called "kids" by someone my own age (I'm 24.) I can't stand it when when of my peers gets up and says, "Okay kids!" Don't know if it's because it's patronizing or what, but I start getting that hot-blooded angry feeling every time.

Doesn't bother me a bit if it's somebody old enough to actually be my parent. Or really any "social superior."

When door knobs are used to hang stuff. When our pantry gets over-cluttered my wife hangs stuff on the inside door knob. :mad:

People who walk into a business and talk on their cell phone like they are sitting in their own private office.

If it were legal I would grab their phone and throw it out into the parking lot. Have some courtesy and take your Xucking call outside asshat!

People who wear sunglasses inside, or when it's not sunny, or men who wear white-framed oversized sunglasses.

People who wear their pants hanging off their ass. I don't want to see your boxers, ever. Now, go home and hang yourself.

people who walk into a business and talk on their cell phone like they are sitting in their own private office.

If it were legal i would grab their phone and throw it out into the parking lot. Have some courtesy and take your xucking call outside asshat!

yeah!

People who listen to voice mails on speaker phone.

People who eat at their desk and always have food particles in there keyboard.

My wife who thinks its OK to put her feet on my dash!!!:mad:

"This is not a bill" bills from Dr. offices.

People who can't be bothered to proof read or spell check. I'm sure we all make some grammar/spelling mistakes, but please a little effort. If I read a sentence without basic capitalization or periods, I likely hate you.

People who listen to voice mails on speaker phone.

People who eat at their desk and always have food particles in their keyboard.

My wife who thinks its OK to put her feet on my dash!!!:mad:

"This is not a bill" bills from Dr. offices.

People who can't be bothered to proof read or spell check. I'm sure we all make some grammar/spelling mistakes, but please a little effort. If I read a sentence without basic capitalization or periods, I likely hate you.

Ahem...fixed. ;)

Mine mostly involve driving:

-5'0" women who like to feel safe by driving enormous SUVs, but can barely see over the steering wheel.

-disposing of your cigarette butts by throwing them out the window at the car behind you ( This REALLY burns me up. I would go change the oil in my G35 and find 1 or 2 lodged in my dust tray )

-Slow drivers in the left lane who can't get the clue to move over. Do I really have to flash you? ( here lately this has been remedied with a nice, loud and piercingly annoying blast of air from the vent valve in the Z )

-Texas state roads in general. Really? Do we really need frontage roads EVERYWHERE we go? Why are your exits so horrendously contrived?

-5'0" women who like to feel safe by driving enormous SUVs, but can barely see over the steering wheel.

An extension off of yours:

They always seem to drive with the seat straight up and close to the wheel. I really don't get it. If they hit someone or someone hits them, they're screwed, airbag or not. They will not have any natural immediate facial bones remaining.

An extension off of yours:

They always seem to drive with the seat straight up and close to the wheel. I really don't get it. If they hit someone or someone hits them, they're screwed, airbag or not. They will not have any natural immediate facial bones remaining.

It's so they can see and reach the pedals. No kidding. You feel safe that way.

They think they're invincible. They're in an SUV after all... :rolleyes:

People without proper "authorization" using disabled parking because they can't be bothered to walk an extra 30 feet!

That really get's my blood boiling, it's not only disrespectful, it's also inconsiderate!

People who say, "ya feel me" after everything they say.

I know right! Ya feel me? I'm just sayin'!
Shrug-smiley5.gif
But that's just me.

Last edited:
Just moved from San Antonio and could not agree with you more.

It's terrible! Soon frontage roads will have frontage roads, all with the same poor pavement. I was specifically thinking of the San Antonio area when I typed that!

I just want to get to the gas station over there. Why do I have to go through this turnaround, then exit to the right onto a frontage road. Do they yield? Do I yield? Will I die before I can get gas? It's exciting.

Last edited:
I hate the fact that you can’t get a hi-flow (or even a regular-flow) shower head anymore. Ever since the green movement, the only thing I can find is a 2.5 gpm restricted shower nozzle. I used to take a complete shower in just a couple of minutes; now it takes 10 minutes and probably twice as much water to do the same job.
I’ve got better things to do besides stand there tapping an anemic shower nozzle against my head trying to wet down my hair. Hang onto your old shower nozzles, dudes. They’re worth their weight in gold (almost, anyway).

People that are too lazy to use turn signals (we have many in NJ).

Also, when my wife and I go and sit down in a nice restaurant and the waiter/waitress says:

"Hi, can I start you guys off with a drink?"

Back