• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix Suns vs LA Lakers

LeftLane said:
"Dream" is the operative word here.

Mavs won't get past the Spurs, much less the Pistons. Dirk is about to go into his annual hibernation routine, and the bench in SA will dominate Dallas.

The bench in SA? Van Exel, Finley, Horry, and Barry? Oh, don't forget Rasho. I realize the Spurs have an edge but I believe its in the starting lineup, not off the bench. The Spurs bench obviously has more experience, but I don't think you can discredit Dallas' bench with Stackhouse, Dampier, Harris, and (if healthy) Marquis & Van Horn.

Dirk's annual hibernation routine? Isn't that Duncan's usual act?
Dirk's career postseason stat line (per game of course):
25.6 pts, 10.6 reb, 2.3 ast, 1.3 st, 1.2 blk, 44.7 fg%, 40% from three.
Not to mention, he torched Memphis in the first round, as the Mavs dismantled them. Isn't the Spurs/Kings series still going on? Yeah chances are the Spurs series will end tonight, but you've got to give credit to Dallas for hurrying up and putting that series away. Bonzi Wells is playing out of his mind right now though, which is keeping SA from advancing sooner.

I said "dream" because I did not want to seem like a complete homer, but I guess the truth comes out. I really think Dallas has a great chance at beating the Spurs this year, especially with the unfortunate situation with Duncan's foot. It will be quite possibly the toughest 2nd round series in the past few years for both teams (NBA's stupid seeding policy), but I have faith the Mavs will pull it out in 7.

Don't discredit Dirk. You'll soon realize that when he abuses Bowen's supposed "lock down D" like he did in the last Spurs/Mavs game.

NsXMas said:
True, not as bright as the ones Phoenix are going to win with Amare though. :p

Is there an outside chance Amare will be able to rejoin the team if the Suns advance? If so, the Suns are a completely different team. A team that can def. make it a lot harder for the Mavs/Spurs to advance to the Finals. Honestly I'm surprised how the Suns have reacted to their 2nd best player missing almost the entire season, Nash has really kept the team afloat.

Although I think Dirk deserved the MVP this year, I can't argue with Nash getting it. He deserves it just as much.

ABhagat said:
The bench in SA? Van Exel, Finley, Horry, and Barry? Oh, don't forget Rasho. I realize the Spurs have an edge but I believe its in the starting lineup, not off the bench. The Spurs bench obviously has more experience, but I don't think you can discredit Dallas' bench with Stackhouse, Dampier, Harris, and (if healthy) Marquis & Van Horn.

Dirk's annual hibernation routine? Isn't that Duncan's usual act?
Dirk's career postseason stat line (per game of course):
25.6 pts, 10.6 reb, 2.3 ast, 1.3 st, 1.2 blk, 44.7 fg%, 40% from three.
Not to mention, he torched Memphis in the first round, as the Mavs dismantled them. Isn't the Spurs/Kings series still going on? Yeah chances are the Spurs series will end tonight, but you've got to give credit to Dallas for hurrying up and putting that series away. Bonzi Wells is playing out of his mind right now though, which is keeping SA from advancing sooner.

I said "dream" because I did not want to seem like a complete homer, but I guess the truth comes out. I really think Dallas has a great chance at beating the Spurs this year, especially with the unfortunate situation with Duncan's foot. It will be quite possibly the toughest 2nd round series in the past few years for both teams (NBA's stupid seeding policy), but I have faith the Mavs will pull it out in 7.

Don't discredit Dirk. You'll soon realize that when he abuses Bowen's supposed "lock down D" like he did in the last Spurs/Mavs game.

Rings: Duncan 3, Parker 2, Horry 6, Barry 1, Rasho 1, Nowitzki 0, Daniels 0, Van Horn 0, Terry 0, Harris 0, Dampier 0, Stackhouse 0......etc.

Duncan hibernating = 2 or 3 Finals MVP awards, I don't remember which off the top of my head, but more than Dirk's 0.

Don't get me wrong - if it ain't the Spurs, I'll be pulling hard for the Mavs - I just don't see it because without Dirk, there isn't nearly enough offense and still a very average defense.

Let the I-35 series begin! :smile:

LeftLane said:
Rings: Duncan 3, Parker 2, Horry 6, Barry 1, Rasho 1, Nowitzki 0, Daniels 0, Van Horn 0, Terry 0, Harris 0, Dampier 0, Stackhouse 0......etc.

Duncan hibernating = 2 or 3 Finals MVP awards, I don't remember which off the top of my head, but more than Dirk's 0.

Don't get me wrong - if it ain't the Spurs, I'll be pulling hard for the Mavs - I just don't see it because without Dirk, there isn't nearly enough offense and still a very average defense.

Let the I-35 series begin! :smile:

Haha yes, I'll shut my mouth now and hopefully the Mavs can make it a series

Lakers suck for losing 3 in a row like that. The better team won the series. Almost losing the series to the Lakers does not bode well for the Suns though. Marion is a class act and a true competitor, so is Tim Thomas. The rest of the Suns I'm not so sure about, especially Bell.

Time to watch the DLH fight.

Back