• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Pics of the next real NSX

Thats not a Real NSX...

2+2 Supra. Heck it already has a Toyota engine. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

I loooove that car. It looks absolutely stunning in silver. $60,000 is a pretty great price too. My only gripe is why'd they stick a camery engine in there? I know its reliable and all but a VQ would make the exhaust note match its exotic looks. Or a turbo charged K24 would be nice too. Oh well.

Thats not a Real NSX...

It is in my fundamental eyes. Let's see what the supercharged version will yield...

I agree that VQ would make a distinctive note, but there are too many vehicles using that already. Maximas, Altimas, SUVs, even the damn Van uses a variant. So it doesn't sound so bad when a Camry engine is modded for a sports car. Perhap the VHR, G37's engine would have been nice, but supposedly any of the VQ are decently heavy anyways.

moron.JPG

Im yet to realize what you guys see in that car! I think it's hideous.

Not very impressive. Isn't nearly as lightweight as the rest are and 280hp out of a 3.5ltr? Nissan got 287hp out of a 3.5ltr 5 years ago and it's in their 29,000 base model 350z. I seriously doubt this engine will have significantly more torque either. Too much compromise IMO.

Not very impressive. Isn't nearly as lightweight as the rest are and 280hp out of a 3.5ltr? Nissan got 287hp out of a 3.5ltr 5 years ago and it's in their 29,000 base model 350z. I seriously doubt this engine will have significantly more torque either. Too much compromise IMO.

I believe there's another version of the Evora making 320 hp and talks about a supercharged version. I mean it's no NSX styling wise; it has it Lotus cues and an odd back end, but it's still elegantly designed. It looks better than the current NSX replacement(comparing the current shape and all of the renditions) and many other vehicles on sale such as the fugly 350Z (and I am sure it will out perform it every way). It weighs less than a stock NA1, it can hold 4 people, stands 48 inches tall, gets 30+ mpg, and all that while still staying mid-engined. Sub 3000 lbs is light, fella. I never said it will replace the NSX, but it's closer to fundamentals of the NSX than the Audi R8 is and it looks better IMO. The S model or similar designation that will eventually come will most-likely include a beefed up engine(supercharger possibly) and even less weight will be beast to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
It is in my fundamental eyes. Let's see what the supercharged version will yield...

I agree that VQ would make a distinctive note, but there are too many vehicles using that already. Maximas, Altimas, SUVs, even the damn Van uses a variant. So it doesn't sound so bad when a Camry engine is modded for a sports car. Perhap the VHR, G37's engine would have been nice, but supposedly any of the VQ are decently heavy anyways.

My point is you titled this thread pics of the Real NSX...more of a misnomer. Just disagree with the title of your thread.

I have seen this car somewhere else on NSXPrime, It reminds me a little bit of the HSC.

Lets see;
V-6
Mid-engined rear drive
+ or - 3000 lbs
Aluminum construction.

No that's right an NSX has 10 cylinders and is front engined. Thanks for the clarification.

lol, you're like one of those baby crying about what Honda is NOT going to make for you.

Tell me, do you own an NSX, did you buy it new?

If the answer is NO for either or both, why should Honda listen to you?:rolleyes:

My point is you titled this thread pics of the Real NSX...more of a misnomer. Just disagree with the title of your thread.

I have seen this car somewhere else on NSXPrime, It reminds me a little bit of the HSC.

I didn't title this thread anything. Learn to read and comprehend before you start pointing fingers. In fact I agree with you on the REAL part being misleading. I like to call it the fundamental NSX.

lol, you're like one of those baby crying about what Honda is NOT going to make for you.

If the answer is NO for either or both, why should Honda listen to you?:rolleyes:

Yea, I think Honda can acheive anything if they push their designers and engineers to raise for the occasion. They surprised the world with a rear wheel drive (coming from a company that usually makes FF cars) AND mid-engine EXOTIC that redefined the genre. I believe Honda has the power to introduce another revolutionary masterpiece, but apparently the direction for the current Halo car is a bit on the SAFE side or rather, unappealing in the eyes of other beloved exotics. Hey, at least the interior will look awesome based on the current TL interior.

Last edited:
Yea, I think Honda can acheive anything if they push their designers and engineers to raise for the occasion. They surprised the world with a rear wheel drive (coming from a company that usually makes FF cars) AND mid-engine EXOTIC that redefined the genre. I believe Honda has the power to introduce another revolutionary masterpiece, but apparently the direction for the current Halo car is a bit on the SAFE side or rather, unappealing in the eyes of other beloved exotics. Hey, at least the interior will look awesome based on the current TL interior.

You're haven't been around long enough to understand that NSX is basically a 328 knock off. Yes, it's a 328 knock off. The layout, truck location, radiator/spare location, etc.

What Honda did is like most of the Japanese companies, perfect it.

If the MR layout is so wonderful, why did every pre NSX MR cars drive like ASS?

What Honda did was make the impossible possible.

I don't believe the FR layout is a safe route, rather Honda is going to attempt making a different masterpiece to show the world that 599/SLR Vision/Mr. Martin are NOT the greatest FR car in the world.

Honda is not in the business of making only super cars, but it's a hobby for them - Making statements, show off what they can do, and give F/P/L designers the middle finger. When Honda make a statement, it usually take other manufactures 10 to 12 years to catch up.

For example:
1. 1995 to 2001 Integra type R and Prelude Type-S (JDM) are still considered as the greatest handling FF car in the world. In fact, it out handles most of the FR cars in the world even today.
2. The formula for FF cars such as Accord/TSX/TL is still some thing that other manufacture like to achieve. Value/Workmanship/Performance.
3. NSX, created in 1991, was significantly better than any Ferrari until F430, Porsche 997, and Lamborghini Gallardo. All created after 2003.
4. Even though Honda F1 is in the toilet today, their six consecutive engine Manufacture's championship is only matched by Ferrari till this decade.
5. Honda VTEC is first 100hp/Liter NA engine in the world, reliability is unmatched by any other manufactures, including BMW.

I have more if you like.

That is the reason why Honda grew from from a company with 5 car line up in the 80's (Accord, Prelude, Civic/CRX, Integra, Legend) to where it is today. You can make the case that cars such as RL, NSX, M/RDX didn't sell well, but those are not their bread and butter. Civic and Accord along make up bulk of their profit, every thing else is simply to capture more buyers.

Lucky for Honda engineers, they get to play with some of the greatest manufactures in the world. You can't say that about Toyota, Nissan, GM, etc. Yes, R35 GTR is a great performance car by Nissan, but it is not in the same league as F/L/P.

I didn't title this thread anything. Learn to read and comprehend before you start pointing fingers. In fact I agree with you on the REAL part being misleading. I like to call it the fundamental NSX.

Your right, Don't know where I got it in my head that you started the thread. Oops

What Honda did is like most of the Japanese companies, perfect it.

If the MR layout is so wonderful, why did every pre NSX MR cars drive like ASS?

What Honda did was make the impossible possible.

I don't believe the FR layout is a safe route, rather Honda is going to attempt making a different masterpiece to show the world that 599/SLR Vision/Mr. Martin are NOT the greatest FR car in the world.

Honda is not in the business of making only super cars, but it's a hobby for them - Making statements, show off what they can do, and give F/P/L designers the middle finger. When Honda make a statement, it usually take other manufactures 10 to 12 years to catch up.

For example:
1. 1995 to 2001 Integra type R and Prelude Type-S (JDM) are still considered as the greatest handling FF car in the world. In fact, it out handles most of the FR cars in the world even today.
2. The formula for FF cars such as Accord/TSX/TL is still some thing that other manufacture like to achieve. Value/Workmanship/Performance.
3. NSX, created in 1991, was significantly better than any Ferrari until F430, Porsche 997, and Lamborghini Gallardo. All created after 2003.
4. Even though Honda F1 is in the toilet today, their six consecutive engine Manufacture's championship is only matched by Ferrari till this decade.
5. Honda VTEC is first 100hp/Liter NA engine in the world, reliability is unmatched by any other manufactures, including BMW.

Lol, you just basically agreed with me and proved my point. I said I believe Honda can acheive anything if they put their forces to use and you just proved it. That's all I was saying, you already know how I feel about the new GT and Honda's relunctance on building another MR. You bag on the NSX being a 328 knock off, but you said yourself that many other MR exotic did not exceed the NSX's quality until over a decade after it's introduction. That is revolutionary. The new Halo car will be an Aston Martin/Mercedez SLR knock off if that is the case cause it has a long hood with a big engine.

I have no doubt that Honda will deliver something special with the new GT. I believe it's a safe direction given the fact that they actually want to make money with this car by sharing costs with the RL platform and then entering it in an oversaturated market (hey, safe is smart, but the NSX was never that safe, and they had in production for over a decade).

Then there's the debate about the shape. Let's face it, it's a bigger car, and it is this way for safety reasons among other reasons such as engine layout + AWD. Not many cars look drop dead gorgeous that stand over 50 inches and this is a general consensus. The MR platform may be more expensive and complicated, but it gives the proportion a much better balance and aggressive stance. The MR is more exotic in appearance and platform. The new GT is pushing exotic terroritory once again, but right now it's not looking so exotic. This is not to say that front engine cars never look good, but it just seems that the current incarnation of the NSX replacement is not visually appealling to many people, hence the so many complaints from NSX or non-NSX owners. I'm sure there will be a new market group that purchases the new GT when it releases though.

it just seems that the current incarnation of the NSX replacement is not visually appealling to many people, hence the so many complaints from NSX or non-NSX owners. I'm sure there will be a new market group that purchases the new GT when it releases though.

Have you seen the NSX replacement in actual production form? Or any one?

Have you seen the NSX replacement in actual production form? Or any one?

Lol, this argument comes up everytime. I can only hope that they deliver something really special looking aside from just something that is wonderfully engineered. It's not looking too good given the current Acura lineup and how they botched the elegant TL, simple TSX and RL. I hope Honda can come up with a drop dead gorgeous car, they still have time to get it right.

Like I said, they can almost guarantee a balanced, exotic stance if they make it only 48 inches tall or less and try to hide the fact that there is a V-10 in the front hood (shorten the long hood as much as possible). Honda seems to be good with the small details, hence their wonderful interiors, so I am more worried about the overall proportions and shape. They seem to be bent on the current shape though as it has not changed much from the debut of the ASCC.

I agree with much of what Vance said and that its unfair to judge a car that doesn't even exist yet. However, I think the problem that people are having (including myself) loved the design philosophy of Shigeru Uehara. Not only this but with Ken Okuyama as the Chief Designer, how much better could things get?

Under previous designers and leadership Honda has proven its self with the NSX, ITR, Prelude, all pre 2000 civics are still tearing up both drag and track events, and finally the s2000 the last drivers car Honda produced.

We are faced with skeptism because under Fukui, Honda has strayed away from its roots and he has yet to proove himself.

I'll wait patiently to cast my final judgement but so far the cars Honda has produced in the last couple years are far from impressive or inspiring.

No; no NSX but i like to pretend i'm someone when racing one on the X-box.
One of these days when i grow up i'm going to get one and rice it just like you.
Cause them stoopid engineers didnt know what they were doing in the first place. i'm a lot smerter.

But if i were a reel adult i would have given up on Honda and placed an order with Lotus a long time ago for the next reel NSX Cause Honda got lost somewhere along the way.
Have fun with you're Viper clone.

Last edited:
One of these days when i grow up i'm going to get one and rice it just like you.
Cause them stoopid engineers didnt know what they were doing in the first place. i'm a lot smerter.

But if i were a reel adult i would have given up on Honda and placed an order with Lotus a long time ago for the next reel NSX Cause Honda got lost somewhere along the way.

You will never be a "reel" adult if you think that way. After all, even stoopid people can get some where in life if they try. Fascinating isn't it? When the XBOX show you the way. LMAO!!!

If I ever get the Viper clone, it still shred you're Lotus to pieces.:rolleyes: But I'll be sure to make some time for you after you grow up and buy the Lotus used 15 years from now.

I agree with much of what Vance said and that its unfair to judge a car that doesn't even exist yet. However, I think the problem that people are having (including myself) loved the design philosophy of Shigeru Uehara. Not only this but with Ken Okuyama as the Chief Designer, how much better could things get?

Under previous designers and leadership Honda has proven its self with the NSX, ITR, Prelude, all pre 2000 civics are still tearing up both drag and track events, and finally the s2000 the last drivers car Honda produced.

We are faced with skeptism because under Fukui, Honda has strayed away from its roots and he has yet to proove himself.

I'll wait patiently to cast my final judgement but so far the cars Honda has produced in the last couple years are far from impressive or inspiring.

Since most of the manufactures have figured out how to make their cars drive like the NSX, all Honda can do is make a car that is capable of beating those cars on the Nurburgring at a fraction of the price.

Last edited:

Wow. Joke post

Back