• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pictures for a slow weekend : Make A Wish Exotic Car Show - Celebration FL

So, like the subject says, a bit of a pic dump from today. I think I got some pretty nice snaps. Presented with limited editorial interruptions, on with the pics.

First, a prelude. This is my old friend, Stan. He's a former NSX owner and we took the back roads to Celebration (120-ish miles) and I let him drive the last half. I am virtually never a passenger in my NSX and it was a really strange sensation. I know he liked it though. On with the show.
DSC_0049.jpg

Wait, how did a picture of my car get in here?
DSC_0051.jpg

Anyway, this show is billed as an exotic show, but in reality it's a Ferrari + everyone else show. Just like a museum makes you enter/exit via the gift shop, this show makes you do the same down Ferrari Row.
DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

It's all good though because I really like Ferraris. :)
DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

Okay, one more and I'll stop for now.
DSC_0070.jpg

Okay, spoke too soon. But at least we're off Ferrari Row now and into the general population of exotic cars and this was such a killer shot I had to include it.
DSC_0075.jpg

This is the rear ducting of a Lamborghini Countach. From the same era as Star Wars, see any resemblance?
DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

And yes, this is in fact a wood Ferrari. More of it later.
DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

A genuine Hertz Shelby Mustang. This was a rental in 1966.
DSC_0099.jpg

Even though the Ferrari team's golf carts could outrun them, the Delorean contingent always shows up proud.
DSC_0100.jpg

Back to the wood Ferrari.
DSC_0102.jpg

You know, sometimes I think I've got too much spare time with some of the thing things I do, but then I come across things like this and realize I'm a rank amateur. Well done!
DSC_0104.jpg

Wait, a hatchback Ferrari???
DSC_0105.jpg

I must be seriously behind on the news. Didn't know about this car.
DSC_0107.jpg

Lots of show cars.
DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

You could get your picture taken with Darth Vadar and a sand speeder for a mere $10 donation.
DSC_0119.jpg

This isn't just a beauty contest. There are 2 track days at Daytona Intl Speedway before the show and a group drive on closed-off highways tomorrow led by State Troopers that I've heard can get quite spirited. Plenty of track rats here today.
DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Oh yeah, show cars.
DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

So Stan asks this guy "hey, where's Bill Murray?" and the guy never blinks and says "we couldn't afford him." :)
DSC_0137.jpg

This is my wife's favorite at any car show for one reason. It's the car Julia Roberts drove in Pretty Woman. My research indicates my chances of getting lucky tonight go up 22.7% whenever she sees one so this picture made the cut. :)
DSC_0145.jpg

This was a wrap. Very nicely done.
DSC_0148.jpg

And finally, towards the end, a couple NSXs! Both cars I know well.
DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

And this has already run 2x the number of pictures I planned to post, so here's a parting shot and goodbye!
DSC_0170.jpg

All those pictures plus quite a lot more can be found here.

http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/v/sarashows01/celebration2012_001/

I was there from 10 - 12. It was a good show but not as good as last year. The one guy that has 10 cars or so last year wasn't there. No bugattis this year either.

Only two Nsx there. We have to do better next year. I am thinking of doing the full event. It would be great to have 10 Nsx there.

Thanks to all who could come, it was a great time as always. Two NSX 2 Platinum awards, please next year lets get mooooooore cars. Enter early it sold out this year. Charity also did well, see you next year.

I was there from 10 - 12. It was a good show but not as good as last year. The one guy that has 10 cars or so last year wasn't there. No bugattis this year either.

Only two Nsx there. We have to do better next year. I am thinking of doing the full event. It would be great to have 10 Nsx there.

Give me more than a 2 hour notice and I will plan on being down there next year!

Thanks for sharing this show with us. It's a real nice selection of shots which describes the diversity of the cars in attendance.

Great pictures, along with witty and interesting commentary!! Wow, I could spend all day there looking at those cars. Thanks again for sharing. Jay

thanks for sharing - exotics are ok but nothing special, see too many around here I guess.

My favorite has to be the Knight Rider car - the tv series was awesome when I was growing up and I actually modeled my 1st car after it with the same red swoosh!

Too bad they destroyed the 2nd try at the remake with that crappy Mustang that looked so fake a 2 year old can see through those renderings :mad:

I love this dash:

DSC_0132.jpg

Back