• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pictures of Bi-Xenon Retrofit, also new Wheels (BBS LM 17/18's)

These are from an iphone, and were taken 'in the moment', so excuse the quality ;)

The Bi-Xenon Retrofit was done by http://www.retro-solutions.com, using Infiniti FX-35 projectors. Lighting is 55W 4300k D2S HID.

retro%20001opt.jpg

retro%20004opt.jpg

retro%20009opt.jpg

retro%20010opt.jpg

retro%20011opt.jpg

retro%20012opt.jpg

retro%20015opt.jpg

retro%20016opt.jpg

retro%20017opt.jpg

retro%20019opt.jpg

Looks good John....good work....I like it.

Looks good John....good work....I like it.

Thanks Eddie; its still very much in project state, the st8130 cluster is out for reprogramming (due back in 2 weeks), and the headlights aren't fully secured, or lined up, or aimed... I just wanted to get something installed before the rain.

The car should be 'done' in perhaps 1 month, that is when the final group of parts, assuming no delays, is due to arrive.

The car should be 'done' in perhaps 1 month, that is when the final group of parts, assuming no delays, is due to arrive.

Car looks so much better, I love it. Keeping the Tan interior or goin' Black? I love when you said, "The car should be "done"....Like they are ever really done:biggrin:

Car looks so much better, I love it. Keeping the Tan interior or goin' Black? I love when you said, "The car should be "done"....Like they are ever really done:biggrin:

Its an interesting situation, because, when I was intially looking, I went to great lengths to find red/tan in a coupe, and according to the old FAQ, I think there were only ~40 in this combination, with 1994 being the first year of tan interior.

Now that I wanted racing seats, nobody produces them in tan while retaining a lightweight design. I could have gone with tan leather sparco's, but they weigh more than OEM, and offer less headroom, so it didn't make any sense. I am toying around with the idea of having these recovered in a tan material, but this is a few months down the road. If I have these recovered, it would be a pattern similar to how I recovered the stock seats, with a combination of tan and black suede - this goes well with the rest of the early 'tan' interior, which is perhaps 50% black and 50% tan from the factory.

Looks great John. Coming along very nicely. I thought you had GT-One skirts?

wow scorp, your car looks waaaay better now. good job, i have to admit that i am very jealous of all red nsx owners.

John, looking good, holy hardcore though:eek:.

The new BBS wheels with black center caps are very classy, definitely didn't saw that one coming. Looking forward to see additional surprises.

The headlights and front end conversion look great. However, I am not quite sure that the LMs go with the overall flow of car. I think the black SSR fit perfect.

But, I am curious, what are the weights of these wheels compared to your SSRs?

Keep up the good work.

Nathan

But, I am curious, what are the weights of these wheels compared to your SSRs?

The BBS LM's are heavier, the SSR is 13/19lbs F/R, its one of the lightest wheels you can purchase for the nsx. These are 3 piece wheels, so they will heavier, I don't have exact weights, but probably low 20lbs.

Those are them aren't they??

John you've finally got some good light output! I gotta see the car.. are those BBS temporary?

The skirts are Wings West, reinforced with aluminum

I actually have a second set of BBS LM F1 Champion Edition on the way from Japan, these BBS LM's will be swapped onto the black nsx, and I will put the championship edition's on the red car. The champion edition LM's have a slightly different shade of silver, red center caps, red lip stickers, and come with forged bbs (red) lug nuts, eg:

lm_f1_dbkp200.jpg

Once my cluster is back I can consider the car 'road worthy', until then, only short sprints to Niguel Motors, when the bike cops aren't looking ;)

looks good john...which hood is that?
any news on a rear wing,

The hood is gtone; its actually not lined up all that well in the picture, I adjusted it some more yesterday, and it fits much better; I am going to be installing hood pins into it today. Also, the headlights need to be lined up, and fully secured.

I am still waiting to hear from my factory on the nsx-r wing, it should be soon.

Keep me up to date on the headlights. I own the same GT-1's and don't care for the current set up with HID. I really like how those bi-xenon look.

Keep me up to date on the headlights. I own the same GT-1's and don't care for the current set up with HID. I really like how those bi-xenon look.

The retrofit is complete, it took about a week once it arrived at the company to perform the work, and the light output is phenomenal - perfect cutoff, etc.

The projectors are OEM, from an Infiniti FX35, and the bixenon solenoid for high/low works perfectly - the entire setup was plug and play from retro-solutions, and included the 55W HID kit.

If you're interested in cost shoot me a PM, Todd at Retro Solutions was great to work with.

John,

The car looks great ! I love the headlights, wheels and GT One Lip. I almost bought the GT One lip but I bought the Downforce instead. I haven't installed it yet because I do not like the extra vents on the sides so maybe I will close them up before painting it.

john, whats top end north america???? i got it out of you sig. car looks good, btw

Its an NSX secret society. I can tell you...but then I have to kill you....

I love the LMs, they are a classic wheel! I tried getting hold of them about 2 years ago but i was told only magnesium versions were available.

Looking at your pictures, a BBK kit looks like a no-no too so just as well i didn't get them anyway. See how much the centres come out in the ADAC and Le Mans cars:

P1030700.jpg

P1030722.jpg

Back