• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Planning to sell. Fix minor issues, first?

I still love my NSX. I still get that "ahhhh" moment when I sit in it, and again when I start it. But I'm just not driving it any more. It's time for me to move on, to who knows what. So I'm going to sell it. It's a '93 with 70k on it. I had Science of Speed go thru it 4 years ago and they took care of the big stuff (timing belt, clutch, etc) but now there are 2 minor issues: the door speakers have blown, and the drivers side window motor was replaced but needs alignment--it goes up and down, but slowly.
My question for the board is: should I have SOS fix these items, or should I sell as is?

I would fix it because then you have them reducing the price to have that stuff fixed. and it makes you hate selling it even more.

selling it hurts Like me I haven't drove mine in a few weeks I start it up every other day let it idle then off. I have been driving a minivan now and I drive the minivan like my NSX on 2 wheels.

07 3.5L vtec odyssey is faster than people think little bmw with loud mufflers next to me at the light thinks he can just pull on me.. NOPE the look on their face when a minivan is pulling on them is priceless

personally I would fix any issues so they have a nice minty fresh NSX and that standard of pride follows with them because they love the car with no flaws

Fix, then sell. If I were looking to buy, I would prefer one that someone paid attention to small detail like that. Just sayin'.

Kind of depends how much it's going to cost to fix, compared to payback at the end. Some buyers think they can fix stuff cheap, and maybe some can. If your car is in really great shape besides the couple issues you mentioned, I wouldn't be too concerned if I was the buyer. However, if I was the buyer, I would side with BTL3.0 and prefer to pay a little more for a totally sorted out car.

Don't give a potential buyer any reason to nit-pick. Selling a turn-key ready car is easier to sell than one that has some issues, regardless of how minor they might be.

Well, your responses are unanimous, and much appreciated. I'll get it fixed. I stopped at SOS today, they can fit me in, in a couple weeks.
Thanks to all. I knew I'd get good advice here.

Back