• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Plasti-dip Questions and answers

Im now looking to plastidip my nsx, I tried to wrap the car matt silver. It looks awesome on the car but it didn't come out well, deal with vinyl and some areas of the car can make you pretty angry. If I decided to dip my car
where can I get the best supplies for it??
where can i get the dip already thin out??
what sprayer sould I use??? Any recommendation??
I read that 4 to 5 coats are the minimum?? What if I put 7 or 8 coats?? Would it last longer??
How long would last?? Over or less than a year??
Can I mix different colors of dip to get a unique color???
What are the basic steps to start dipping a car???

I might some more questions but for now its all I have. Im gonna leave a picture of my hood after trying to wrap it :p, wasn't very happy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365228782841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365228782841.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,650
Im now looking to plastidip my nsx, I tried to wrap the car matt silver. It looks awesome on the car but it didn't come out well, deal with vinyl and some areas of the car can make you pretty angry. If I decided to dip my car
where can I get the best supplies for it??
where can i get the dip already thin out??
what sprayer sould I use??? Any recommendation??
I read that 4 to 5 coats are the minimum?? What if I put 7 or 8 coats?? Would it last longer??
How long would last?? Over or less than a year??
Can I mix different colors of dip to get a unique color???
What are the basic steps to start dipping a car???

I might some more questions but for now its all I have. Im gonna leave a picture of my hood after trying to wrap it :p, wasn't very happy.

DipYourCar

Try this link. Hopefully it will answer most of your questions.

I just did my coolant tank. Sorry didn't take any pics yet. Turned out pretty good. As much as I would like one of those $300 aluminum ones I couldn't justify paying that much for such a simple piece.

Here's a couple cell phone pics. Definitely an upgrade from the discoloured white it was before. Hopefully it holds up well to the heat.

IMG_20130424_120239.jpg

IMG_20130424_120227.jpg

I did my wheels over the winter. I cant believe how cheap this stuff is in the states. $5.99 a can vs. $21.99 a can here in Canada.

Here's a couple cell phone pics. Definitely an upgrade from the discoloured white it was before. Hopefully it holds up well to the heat.

It should be fine. I have heard some people doing exhaust tips(not something I will try) but engine bay heat you should be fine.

So far I've not seen anything close to Advan gold.:frown: I may try silver on one wheel. I plan on spray canning it.

Im about to Dip my car but I haven't been able to decide whether I should buy the Wagner 518080 hvlp sprayer system or the Erlex 3500 system. I do know if any of you guys have any previous experience with either or of those systems. I would appreciate any input. Nico

Im about to Dip my car but I haven't been able to decide whether I should buy the Wagner 518080 hvlp sprayer system or the Erlex 3500 system. I do know if any of you guys have any previous experience with either or of those systems. I would appreciate any input. Nico

I have both. I feel the Wagner is superior.

The Erlex clogs easier.

Hey Source, wondering if you have seen anything that close to a dark anthracite.
I would like to dip my wheels, but the gunmetal seems too light to me and the charcoal seems too dark to me.
I would like something like the 14IS wheels or the NSX JDM dark gunmetal color.

May be 4 layer of charcoal + silver metalizer + thin layer of glossifier?

Appreciate it.

Sorry for the late reply. In order to achieve that you will need to do Charcoal and then light coats of pearlizer on top of it until you reach the desired coloring.

On a side note: Source 1 has decided to end our contract with Dipyourcar. Waiting 4-5 weeks for product and not being able to conduct the business in the way we do our other aspects by meeting deadlines and relying on product to be shipped when needed are our reasons for this decision. We strive to meet deadlines and make our customers happy. This is simply not a common thread with our two companies (DYC and S1A) So the tie needed to be cut.

HOWEVER. I have a ton of product in stock. I will be compiling a list of what I have left and selling it VERY CHEAP. I will post that list asap with details.

I will gladly still help answer questions and guide those of you wanting to use this product. So feel free to PM me or whatever you need.

Thanks!
Brian

Hey Source, wondering if you have seen anything that close to a dark anthracite.
I would like to dip my wheels, but the gunmetal seems too light to me and the charcoal seems too dark to me.
I would like something like the 14IS wheels or the NSX JDM dark gunmetal color.

May be 4 layer of charcoal + silver metalizer + thin layer of glossifier?

Appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

IN STOCK PLASTIDIP PRODUCT BLOWOUT! All color cans are $5.00 All gallons are $35.00 including clears, gloss, and all colors. These prices are for anything we have IN STOCK ONLY. Call our Goshen Location at 513-722-0223 and see if we have what you need!

I want to plasti dip my entire dash (not nsx). New Charcoal. Any problem around vents? Where is the link to order from you?
Danny

I have never seen a dash done. I can not comment if it will work of not.

As stated above I have cancelled my contract with them due to not being able to get product. Customers were getting upset with us over the orders taking so long and that is not how I choose to do business. Not worth upsetting my customers over. You will have to order directly from Dipyourcar.com.

Sorry for the late reply. In order to achieve that you will need to do Charcoal and then light coats of pearlizer on top of it until you reach the desired coloring.

On a side note: Source 1 has decided to end our contract with Dipyourcar. Waiting 4-5 weeks for product and not being able to conduct the business in the way we do our other aspects by meeting deadlines and relying on product to be shipped when needed are our reasons for this decision. We strive to meet deadlines and make our customers happy. This is simply not a common thread with our two companies (DYC and S1A) So the tie needed to be cut.

HOWEVER. I have a ton of product in stock. I will be compiling a list of what I have left and selling it VERY CHEAP. I will post that list asap with details.

I will gladly still help answer questions and guide those of you wanting to use this product. So feel free to PM me or whatever you need.

Thanks!
Brian

Is it becoming so popular they cant keep up with production or are they just sucking at business in general? It seems to really have boomed lately. I bought a kit from you, but sold the nsx, and then sold the dip later. I ordered a wheel kit in charcoal from their site for my dd, but really not impressed with the charcoal either. Maybe I need to play around with some metalizers to get a better shade.

The level of orders coming in are way to much for those guys. When I started doing this it was Fonzie the owner and his buddy bennett. Now they have 10-15 people working there. Still no product.

Can you dip over a waxed surface? I just recently used meguiar compound to get all the swirls off and sealed it with a finishing wax. It looks like show room quality and i was wondering if i could spray the dip and use it as a bra to protect it from rock chips and make it look minty.

Can you dip over a waxed surface? I just recently used meguiar compound to get all the swirls off and sealed it with a finishing wax. It looks like show room quality and i was wondering if i could spray the dip and use it as a bra to protect it from rock chips and make it look minty.

There's a spray on 3m clear bra you might want to look into

Back