• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

plasti-dipped my front side markers yesterday.....

looks much cleaner without the amber side markers up front...obviously it helps that my car is black to hide them with black plasti dip...stuff is pretty cool, if I don't like it, I can can just peel it off....but so far I'm liking the look.

before...

after....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f127/socalnsx/65be19e3-7d0c-4f59-bc8b-facb17f086fe.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Looks great! :cool:

With that nice of weather, car needs a wash+detail!

thanks...are you available??? :tongue:

the weather has been like this for months...we need some rain!!!

yes, ive been putting off a major detail....needs clay bar, polish and wax asap.....I've just been lazy:redface:

- - - Updated - - -

some other shots...love the way it looks at dusk

Last edited:
I plastidipped my wheels, engine garnish, front lip... Yes I went mad

Lol...yes please post pics ASAP .

I was going to do my rims with some white plasti dip, but kinda worried how it cleans up...gonna test it on some old NSX rims in the garage then leave out in the sun for a few days and see how it comes off....

Some really cool whole car dips on dipyourcar.com was thinking going with a GPW but want to see what it looks like in real life..the pics and video make it look great, but I'm skeptical ....

ok...just did one of my old chrome rims :tongue:

looks much better...might even throw these bad boys back on for a change up :tongue:

first coat to let it stick better

finshed...some track tires:cool:

Plastidip smoke is super thin and also leaves a matte finish. Even after 4-5 coats, it doesn't look much darker. I tried my hand at tinting my sidemarkers and they came out quite well.
Night shot

Day shot

Plastidip smoke is super thin and also leaves a matte finish. Even after 4-5 coats, it doesn't look much darker. I tried my hand at tinting my sidemarkers and they came out quite well.
Night shot

Day shot

nice, I was going to do the smoke, but I just wanted to black them out...cool thing with this stuff is that I can just peel it and go get a can of smoke and try that next...thanks for the pics.

definitely a great option for other color NSXs who want to tint them instead of black them out...

can you still see the light through the black plastidip?

can you still see the light through the black plastidip?

depends on how many coats you put on...I tested it out with different coats on each side...one of them is pretty much blacked out and the other is very faint....I'm just going to take out the bulbs for the complete black out look....

Here's one pic, not too detailed. Dipped wheels and front lip :D

the second is when I had my whole car dipped. If anyone's considering dipping their entire Nsx... Don't.
it was hell to remove among other reasons

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

the second is when I had my whole car dipped. If anyone's considering dipping their entire Nsx... Don't.

What issues did you have? I did my NSX in bright 'safety cone' orange, and it was no big deal to remove.

What issues did you have? I did my NSX in bright 'safety cone' orange, and it was no big deal to remove.

Removal of the entire product was quite difficult, even when applied in the right amount of coats. It gets into tight crevices such as door handles, liners and headlights. Much of it does remove with an easy peel but removing the residual can
be tedious.
My main dilemma was that certain colors look different under light and under shade. I chose to do flex blue and was initially very pleased until I saw how different it looked under direct sunlight. This is not true for all colors I imagine.

Plasti dip in general is great stuff, especially when used on areas of smaller coverage (wheels,trim,etc). I think vinyl,while pricier, is a better alternative for higher end cars such as the Nsx as it is removable in sheets without the messy residual with a larger array of colors and a closer resemblance to actual paint.

Last edited:

Your installer didn't put enough coats on your car if it was difficult to remove. https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php has all the info you need to DIY your car. They have a lot of videos on Youtube as well. Its very easy to do and have a ton of color options now.

Not bad! Why didn't you do the rear red markers?

Thought about it, but the red ones don't bother me as much as the orange... It might actually look too funky without them... I might just do it though to see what it looks like .

looks much cleaner without the amber side markers up front...obviously it helps that my car is black to hide them with black plasti dip...stuff is pretty cool, if I don't like it, I can can just peel it off....but so far I'm liking the look.

before...

after....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f127/socalnsx/65be19e3-7d0c-4f59-bc8b-facb17f086fe.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Love the side markers and silver calipers. What did you use to paint them silver? I was going to do gold but now i'm torn.

Thanks... Had a can of dupli color caliper paint from my last NSX ... Opened it up and stirred it up and it was like new after 7 years... I use the brush style, less mess and real easy to work with.... Just take off the wheels and spray calipers with like a brake cleaner and let dry( takes few minutes) and start painting .... I used a black touch up paint and very thin brush for the NSX lettering...

Last edited:
Back