• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please, anyone in Saint Louis help! This is serious....FRAUD

xScape said:
I don't know what's going on here, but let me add my experience with this buyer. This same buyer was going to buy my black 94 that I have for sale. We agreed on the price over phone, and he was going to fly up to SF from LA to see my car, but he never showed up that afternoon and didn't contact me until 2 days later. I wasted my morning waiting for him. He emailed me 2 days later and arranged another time to see my car. When that day came, I called him and gave him directions to my place and he said he will leave in 10 minutes and will be on his way. I waited for him for about 3 hours and tried calling him several times, but he never answered his phone and didn't call me back for a couple of days.

Then, he emails me 3 days later to see if the car is still for sale. By then, I had another person interested so I told him I'll get back to him if that buyer falls through. He then emails me back and tells me he just bought another NSX.

So, I'm not sure what's going on here. I just got an email from him now asking me again if my car was still for sale, which led me to find this post.

Seems like karma bit you in the ass 10 fold. A simple phone call would have saved Xscape 3-4 hours of his time, multiply that by and his hourly rate, that could be upwards of $200-300 of valued time, not to mention the gas and effort he put in to meeting you. The next time you flake on someone, you might want to think whether or not a simple phone call is worth it.

Re: "passengers, please fasten your tongues..."

LOL.... I just realized this when nsxtasy posted it:

NSXVetteViperSupra said:
What sucks is I've been saving all my money for a year to get the car.............No, I do not make that much $, and I had to sacrifice more than you can imagine....

Your sig:
- 99 FRC Vette (6 miles on OD)
- 01 Viper RT (30 miles on OD)
- 93 Supra Hardtop GT47 - 1500RWHP

What exactly did you have to sacrifce? Your summer getaway in the bahamas? Im willing to bet you have no clue what it costs to make a 1500whp supra. But if you did build one to compliment your viper and brand new vette, lemme know if they're hiring where you work. I could afford to 'not make much money' and live like that, as would most others here on NSXPrime. That combined with the fact that you wire 30k to a complete stranger seriously compromises your credibility around here. Im goin wax my enzo before my shift at McD's starts. Catch you guys later.

Last edited:
Re: "passengers, please fasten your tongues..."

NSXnBRLA said:
LOL.... I just realized this when nsxtasy posted it:

Your sig:
- 99 FRC Vette (6 miles on OD)
- 01 Viper RT (30 miles on OD)
- 93 Supra Hardtop GT47 - 1500RWHP

What exactly did you have to sacrifce? Your summer getaway in the bahamas? Im willing you have no clue what it costs to make a 1500whp supra. But if you did build one to compliment your viper and brand new vette, lemme know if they're hiring where you work. I could afford to 'not make much money' and live like that, as would most others here on NSXPrime. That combined with the fact that you wire 30k to a complete stranger seriously compromises your credibility around here. Im goin wax my enzo before my shift at McD's starts. Catch you guys later.

Dave, put me on the list for part time help too. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I still want to know why someone would have a 99 Vette with only 6 miles on it. Just made a bad investment? Do you own a car museum? I don't get it.

Hi guys. I'm new to Prime but I've been a longtime member of ClubLexus. I'm in the process of selling my car and buying an NSX as my daily. I've been driving a family car for years, sans family. Time to put a smile back on my face. :biggrin:

I'd like to say a few things to clear the air here. Danny (NSXVetteViperSupra) arranged to purchase an NSX before settling on this one in St. Louis - the one in St. Louis was to be a cleaner, lower mileage vehicle. I'm taking Danny's original NSX.

Danny's been facilitating my purchase and we've become quick friends. I've also been kept up to date on his NSX purchase. It's been painful hearing his updates - the NSX was meant to travel straight to SOS. I've seen the receipts to parts he has waiting to be put on the car, eg. Burning Black Work VS-SS (those are going to be SICK Danny), all paid for and sitting at SOS.

Now I know some of you may question Danny's credibility simply due to his sig. Who the heck would buy all these cars? Well, I guess the simple answer is a guy who's grown up in a family of car collectors. Most people do not collect and store their vehicles. Danny does - it's his passion. He is building an extraordinary collection.

Now regarding this NSX, obviously Danny has made some mistakes. He was mistaken to wire that money in good faith. And it's unfortunate that he didn't realize that it was a 92 (and hence a possible snap ringer) until part way through the transaction. But it's understandable to some extent:

1. 92 or 94? We've got a Prime member AND a dealership looking over the vehicle in person. Both give it thumbs up. You'd think that one of them would figure out right away that it was a 92 and to check to see if it was a snap ringer, right? No excuse for the dealership - they were PAID to check the vehicle to protect against this exact circumstance.

2. Wiring the money. Caveat Emptor - buyer beware. Alright, so Danny jumped the gun giving this guy anything more than a small deposit. But with so many people involved, from Prime members, the dealership, and a transporter who is showing up at this person's place of business, it's tough to imagine that someone would just TAKE your money and leave you high and dry, including leaving the transporter at his front door. I agree that he's likely taking his time returning the funds (see Osiris x11's post), but could this idiot possibly believe that the paper trail won't come back to bite him? Unreal.

Look at xScape's dealings with the seller. Not showing twice and expecting a third shot? How unreasonable is that? That's gotta tell you something.

Anyways, I just hope you get your money back Danny. Personally, I'd SLAY that rat bastard. I hope the other members here can find a better way to help you out. :wink:

Mike

pvmike said:
... Look at xScape's dealings with the seller. Not showing twice and expecting a third shot? How unreasonable is that? That's gotta tell you something. . .

Mike

hmmm... Mike, xScape is referring to Danny (NSXVetteViperSupra) as being the individual who showed lack of consideration & committment regarding the viewing & possible sale of his NSX. And yes, that does tell us something! :mad:

Danny & Mike, good luck w/ you NSX purchases.

hmmm... Mike, xScape is referring to Danny (NSXVetteViperSupra) as being the individual who showed lack of consideration & committment regarding the viewing & possible sale of his NSX. And yes, that does tell us something!

My mistake. If that happened then that's on Danny - he shouldn't have been inconsiderate. I hope he has a reasonable excuse and works it out with xScape.

But there's no excuse for stealing someone's money.

After he didn't contact me the first time, I let that pass since he was flying up from LA to SF, I figured something came up and he didn't have the time to call me. Also, since I'm trying to sell my car and he seemed like a serious buyer, what else could I do but try to show him again the 2nd time. When the 2nd time came around, I even talked to him and he told me he was driving up to meet me and should be there in 45 minutes. And I drove to a location to help cut his commute time and waited and waited for 3 hours and tried calling many times. I don't hear back from him until 3 days later with some excuse about bad phone connection and getting lost. All it took was a simple phone call to let me know that he couldn't make it.

Now he emailed me again asking if it's still for sale. Being that I'm trying to sell, what is a seller to do?

Also, being burnt several times in the past, I was surprised to see his post asking someone in SF to take a look at the car for him, he was in San Jose, less than 1 hour away from me, yet he didn't want to see my car himself? If I've been burnt before on cars, surely I will be willing to drive 1 hour to inspect my potential car.

pvmike said:
Hi guys. Now I know some of you may question Danny's credibility simply due to his sig. .

1. 92 or 94? We've got a Prime member AND a dealership looking over the vehicle in person. Both give it thumbs up. You'd think that one of them would figure out right away that it was a 92 and to check to see if it was a snap ringer, right? No excuse for the dealership - they were PAID to check the vehicle to protect against this exact circumstance.

Mike

First off, nobody is questioning his credibility due to a signature, but his actions or previous actions instead. I simply don't understand the buyer would not catch the fact that the car was a 92 and not a 94. It's not that I am unsympathetic to your situation and there is NO EXCUSE for a seller misrepresenting a car, but you HAVE THE VIN NUMBER. The first thing you do is run a carfax, but if you don't want the spend the $20 for that, I believe you can still run vin to see what comes up. (you just don't get the full report) I know he frequently stores his vehicles, but it seems pretty obvious to me that he is planning on driving it since it is going straight to SOS for mods. Before I buy a car, I want to know what the insurance is going to cost so the vin should have come up there as well.

As for the prime member who was kind enough to inpect the car for Danny, he was there to simply look over a car for damage, cleanliness, paint quality, how it drives, etc. You can't possible expect him to run vin #'s and do the buyers job. The 92 and 94 NSX are basically identical minus wheels and cupholder. (most owners update wheels anyway so how could he tell) Also I'm not sure if you know, but the vin # has nothing to do with the snap ring. You have to see the transmission number which isn't the easiest thing to see some of the time. I find it offensive that on your first post here, you are placing some of the blame on the kindness of one of this site's moderators when it was not at all his fault.

As far as the dealership, I have always said that St. Louis Acura has SUCKED at every single task they have been asked. (at least by me and several others) The third thing that I would have done is post a thread that said "I am about to have an inspection at St. Louis Acura, do you recommend them for service?"

Barring how the financial transaction was done, which was insane to me, there were so many different standard things that were overlooked that could have raised a reg flag about the year. I have no sympathy for anyone who misrepresents a car, but since I don't know the other side, I can't make any judgements. (those involved seem to think the seller has a good argument in this situation as well)

The bottom line is that how could someone get screwed 6 times in a row. Do it one, shame on them. Do it again, shame on you. 99% of sellers are legitimate honest people, but even if they aren't, you can't get screwed if you don't let them and do your homework.

I find it offensive that on your first post here, you are placing some of the blame on the kindness of one of this site's moderators when it was not at all his fault.

Reread my post. I didn't say it was the moderator's fault that the deal went sour. I'm saying that Danny didn't catch the error right away, and neither did the mod nor the dealership - mistakes do happen. I clearly stated that the mistake was made by Danny, and his error was allowed to continue that far into the transaction since the others didn't catch it as well:

Now regarding this NSX, obviously Danny has made some mistakes. He was mistaken to wire that money in good faith. And it's unfortunate that he didn't realize that it was a 92 (and hence a possible snap ringer) until part way through the transaction.

Look, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone except the 'broker'. I've just been privy to the details of this transaction as it has progressed, and I'm posting here to lend support to my friend. He's out a fair chunk of change, and I'd like to see him get his money back.

I have no sympathy for anyone who misrepresents a car, but since I don't know the other side, I can't make any judgements. (those involved seem to think the seller has a good argument in this situation as well)

No matter the reason why the deal fell through, this 'broker' is not justified in holding on to the money. Period. Only the parties involved will ever know for certain what transpired. I don't even care to flesh it out - what does matter is that the deal is dead, and the 'broker' still has the car AND the money. That's about all I need to know.

Mike

Regardless of what has happened, I do hope that Danny at least gets his money back. I hope it is just a case of a bitter broker making him sweat it out. Nobody needs that kind of headache. :smile:

xScape said:
After he didn't contact me the first time, I let that pass since he was flying up from LA to SF, I figured something came up and he didn't have the time to call me. Also, since I'm trying to sell my car and he seemed like a serious buyer, what else could I do but try to show him again the 2nd time. When the 2nd time came around, I even talked to him and he told me he was driving up to meet me and should be there in 45 minutes. And I drove to a location to help cut his commute time and waited and waited for 3 hours and tried calling many times. I don't hear back from him until 3 days later with some excuse about bad phone connection and getting lost. All it took was a simple phone call to let me know that he couldn't make it.

Now he emailed me again asking if it's still for sale. Being that I'm trying to sell, what is a seller to do?

Also, being burnt several times in the past, I was surprised to see his post asking someone in SF to take a look at the car for him, he was in San Jose, less than 1 hour away from me, yet he didn't want to see my car himself? If I've been burnt before on cars, surely I will be willing to drive 1 hour to inspect my potential car.

xScape,

If I were you I would not waste my time on him.

Has this been resolved or is it trolling at work?

Hi All,

Finally found time to check the Prime (even rhymes) and my bank account for that matter! Turns out that slim ball Tom did send a wire in the amount of $30,500. I am still out a few thousand, but at least I got the material portion returned. Again, thanks to everyone who offered their help and special thanks to Gene and a few others for their extra efforts.

Hey Mike, you get that car yet my friend? Also, thanks for the kind words.....

As far as the mix-up with Xscape, well, what can I say? My cell antenna was broken a few days prior in which, I had tapped it up until I found time to get a replacement. I did attempt to call Xscape and notify him I was lost and was not going to make it before sundown. My cell would not dial out or receive calls in the area I was in. I lost a few hours, and I did notify Sam (Xscape) via email upon my return. So, I am sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want, I will pay you for your lost time, for I have paid for everything else; what the hell is the difference........

Resolved

NSXVetteViperSupra said:
Turns out that slim ball Tom did send a wire in the amount of $30,500. I am still out a few thousand, but at least I got the material portion returned.
That's good to hear. For the inquiring minds or conspiracy theorists, the whole hassle would have been a non issue if the car would have been a 94, as advertised. Turned out to be a 92, and in snap ring range, which obviously should be subject to a sale price revision. Since Danny wired the funds a few hours before I noticed that the VIN decoded to being a 92, it became a huge ordeal. He has also quickly arranged for a transport company to quicly pick-up the car. That compounded the hassle.

When I re-visited the car to get the tranny number, I explained the snap ring issue to the sellers agent, and now he understands what is involved and at stake. He asked that I stay and help him talk to the Master NSX tech who inspected the car, which I did, to try to understand how he could miss such an issue. His comment was "I ran the VIN through the computer and nothing came up for the transmission." :rolleyes: I spent a few minutes arguing with the tech, trying to explain that the transmissions were not installed sequentially by VIN. He just said "it should have shown up." The seller's next call was to Honda USA, where he was trying to get the ball rolling on a goodwill repair. I ended up leaving after about 20 minutes of him getting the dead-end answer - "no." He's persistant to say the least, so maybe he will get somewhere on the goodwill thing.

The car is a nice car, but it's a snap ring car and also a few years older than advertised. The seller asked my opinion, so I offered it; I said it was worth a bit less being a 92, assuming he had the snap ring repair made. If not, compensation for that was also in order. I think it's evident that the seller isn't willing to part with it for much less than the price Danny originally agreed to, therefore the deal became a huge ordeal. It's not like Danny wasn't willing to cough-up the funds. Just not for a 92 in snap territory. I suspect the owner will try, at least for a while, to get the tranny good willed, where his hope would be to sell it for close to his original asking price.

NSXVetteViperSupra said:
the car I want is yours (check my sig) but I guess I messed that up! So, I am in San Jose and I need to buy a car (it's the next best option)....

So why not buy his car at his price and give him a $1K tip for wasting his time earlier. Better yet, give him a $999.75 dollar tip and keep a quarter just in case your cell phone craps out on you.

Re: Resolved

KGP said:
That's good to hear. For the inquiring minds or conspiracy theorists, the whole hassle would have been a non issue if the car would have been a 94, as advertised. Turned out to be a 92, and in snap ring range, which obviously should be subject to a sale price revision. Since Danny wired the funds a few hours before I noticed that the VIN decoded to being a 92, it became a huge ordeal. He has also quickly arranged for a transport company to quicly pick-up the car. That compounded the hassle.

When I re-visited the car to get the tranny number, I explained the snap ring issue to the sellers agent, and now he understands what is involved and at stake. He asked that I stay and help him talk to the Master NSX tech who inspected the car, which I did, to try to understand how he could miss such an issue. His comment was "I ran the VIN through the computer and nothing came up for the transmission." :rolleyes: I spent a few minutes arguing with the tech, trying to explain that the transmissions were not installed sequentially by VIN. He just said "it should have shown up." The seller's next call was to Honda USA, where he was trying to get the ball rolling on a goodwill repair. I ended up leaving after about 20 minutes of him getting the dead-end answer - "no." He's persistant to say the least, so maybe he will get somewhere on the goodwill thing.

The car is a nice car, but it's a snap ring car and also a few years older than advertised. The seller asked my opinion, so I offered it; I said it was worth a bit less being a 92, assuming he had the snap ring repair made. If not, compensation for that was also in order. I think it's evident that the seller isn't willing to part with it for much less than the price Danny originally agreed to, therefore the deal became a huge ordeal. It's not like Danny wasn't willing to cough-up the funds. Just not for a 92 in snap territory. I suspect the owner will try, at least for a while, to get the tranny good willed, where his hope would be to sell it for close to his original asking price.

You're making way too big a deal about the snap ring thing. You can play it up as a negotiating tool, but its only a $1.5k fix. A quick cars.com search shows only 13 NSX's under $35,000 for sale in the entire country. Half of those have high miles and several others have mods that a normal buyer wouldn't want. When I found my car after months of searching, the snap ring issue was low on my list. With prices coming down to a point where these cars can get in the hands of kids who do body kits and other stupid stuff, finding a clean car has become very difficult. If the car is as clean as you say, someone will buy it for that price.

gobble said:
You're making way too big a deal about the snap ring thing.
Me? No, I'm not. I know full well what the reapir costs, both before failure and after. Additionally, if you search recent "Danny" threads, you will find that I advised him not to make the snap ring issue a deal killer (on another car he was inquiring about). The bottom line is that some type of price adjustment was in order, because of TWO issues, and the seller wouldn't budge. At least not while there was a transporter waiting in the prking lot to take the car. :wink:

gobble said:
A quick cars.com search shows only 13 NSX's under $35,000 for sale in the entire country. Half of those have high miles and several others have mods that a normal buyer wouldn't want.
I have personally spoken to 5 owners of 91-93 cars that are for sale in the past two weeks that have less than 25k miles. The highest price on any of those cars was $35K. All stock or very near stock. You need to expand your searching utilities! :biggrin:

Maybe I thought that because most of your discussion above was about the snap ring. I just don't think its that big of a deal, especially if you are able to fine a clean car with only 23,000 miles on it. You can buy a new transmission case, but can't buy back miles. :smile:

KGP said:
I have personally spoken to 5 owners of 91-93 cars that are for sale in the past two weeks that have less than 25k miles. The highest price on any of those cars was $35K. All stock or very near stock. You need to expand your searching utilities! :biggrin:

I just did a 2 minute search and am not looking for a car. Those are some low mileage cars.

I will post much more detail in a few hours, for I have to catch a flight in an hour. I paid $32,000 via wire to a guy in Saint Louis named Tom. I paid $1,700 for my transporter to pickup the car, in which he waited for 2 days at the guy's place of business. In the end, he took off with the car and my money and said the deal is off! My transporter, Almond exotic transporters, had to leave after wasting almost 2 days waiting in the parking lot. Please, I need a good lawyer in the state! Any info is greatly appreciated.

So at the 32K wasn't this "Slime", Person of Fraud, within the price range, even with the snap ring issue? This car was clean. It would need detailing and a ding fixed but the car was clean. I see the Big MUCK UP people including the stealer made with the Vin#, Still don't understand how it was missed so many times.

I also don't understand the mayday and slander that went along with the posts. The urgency seemed to have been working itself out behind the scenes. He is out his $$$'s for premature e-truckulation, (transport company) Due diligence would have prevented that, most definitely not the sellers total fault.

The guy sends him back his $$$'s and , there are still slanderous posts on this sight about him. Not that I am a fan of the seller, He has done nothing to me either.
If someone else is interested in this car they may be turned off from looking at it, Due to all of the Slander posted. I feel that it is a nice car.

And at 31.5k if I were looking for a 91-92, this would truly be a car I would consider if all of the Paperwork and actual owner were present.

IMHO, and I am not reading too much into this,You (Danny) Really need to slow down and take your time with your inquiries and purchase practices. You are wasting peoples time and $$$$'s, throwing your own dollars away, and maybe casting doubt on the wrong people. Your posts dictate how people may handle dealings on your behalf when you are asking them to vouch for you by proxy.

This guy was approached by 3-5 different people, who were stringing him along for information. Each time he was taken out of his place of business to do so. I am guilty of doing this to him myself, all because it was made to sound that you were taken for your $$$$'s. Others had gotten information through resources and were poised to give you that info based on the tone of your post. Fellow NSXan had been ripped in our home town, Let's help him out.

This is the Grown up world, you need to act as a grown up. People don't have time to go back and forth with you and your impulses.
Get your ass on a plane, bus, train, hell or a bike and go look at the next car yourself. Then you will have all the info there in front of you to make a much more informed purchase decision.

JMO

Last edited:
Back