• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please help identifying these three parts!!!

ok guys I need some help on identifying these parts. All three parts are in the front of the cylinder head (facing the front bumper). I was changing out my oil pan gasket and notice that there were some oil leaking from the two screw and the unknown part right above the two screw also. So for you NSX expert, please shine in on this for me and thanks in advance.

nsx.jpg

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 241
I was under my car this past weekend installing headers, and I noticed I am leaking oil from the same spot. In for an answer from the expert!

Yeah, one or both of those allen head plugs are also leaking on mine...
Thought it was the vcg, or cam plugs, but cleaned it up, put a little powder on it and sure enough, it's weeping from those plugs.
They're not easy to get to.

Since I have the header off on the front cylinder head, you can clearly see it but I can't figure out what they are called. Hopefully LARRY B. can shine in on this.

I am really having a hard time believing these plugs are leaking, never seen it in hundreds of NSX's. I have seen many drips from them, but that is NEVER been the leak. I say keep looking up higher for your leak.

With that said, if they really are leaking, remove them and clean them up, swipe with a little HondaBond HT on the threads and reinstall. I will say up front I have never had a reason to do this.

My $.02

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks Larry. Do you know exactly what kind of bolt they are and their purpose? I just don't want any oil or fluid surprise coming out while I'm take them off. So far I replaced both the valve cover gasket, cam seals, spool valve, oil sending unit and the vtec seal. Any other ideas where maybe the oil might be coming from?

Bump !

It seems that I have the same kind of leak on mine. I do not see any oil over these bolts but they always have a drop of oil on them. I will try to put some teflon and screw them back.

I had the same "leak" in the exact same spot. It turns out it was weeping from the valve cover and just making its way down there.

That pipe with the expansion joint is for the secondary air injection. It's that loud vacuum cleaner sounding thing that runs on startup. It seems odd that those plugs are leaking since they're all over the engine. Here are a few pictures of my leak which looks similar to yours.

4spWpJ6.jpg

vHQTLRD.jpg

ubzVa6S.jpg

4UGqk8h.jpg

7LJArYQ.jpg

I took my engine out to fix it ;) . Truthfully I did the valve cover the year before I took the engine out and I had no more leak in that spot a year later. It really did look like it was those plugs but definitely do the valve cover first and see if that helps. Although I know with the headers out you have way better access now. Tough call.

d9VaxN7.jpg

You can see the end of the air injection pipe on the far left. Not much to see other than there should definitely be no oil in that pipe ever.
lQeiV8e.jpg

I have all the suspensions beams down to replace all the bushings and good visual to these plugs and the valve cover. The valve cover surroundings seem dry. Hence I will take the opportunity to put some teflon on these plugs and see if the drops of oil disappear.

Back