• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please help, loads of questions......

Hi guys,

Just bought 1993 NSX black/black 77000 KM.
Honda NSX is quitte rare here in Holland, 16 Million poeple living here, 8 NSX's registered
This is my first NSX so i have a couple of questions.

Do you have to lower the engine to replace the timingbelt?
Where and, for how much can i get a AC compressor from the USA, including puly, and the first two bits of hose. Please only very reliable store, since i don't want to get in all sorts off shipping problems, or worse........
Who has more info on the Bose system, like schematics, specs etc. Since we all know that Bose speakers suck, i want to modify the filters for better low and mid range.
Is it worth buying the workshop maual from the NSX, since i saw it advertised for $95.
Why does the spoiler-brake light not always come on?
How bad is bad shudder from the clutch, now its there, but not as bad as on a 911.

Help on these would be greatly appriciated.
Sorry for bad spelling..........

Dutch geezer,

Michel Plasmeijer

> Do you have to lower the engine to replace the timingbelt?

Check the service manual. You'll want it if you're going to do the service yourself.

>> Where and, for how much can i get a AC compressor from the USA, including puly, and the first two bits of hose. Please only very reliable store, since i don't want to get in all sorts off shipping problems, or worse........ <<

Check the "Company Directory" in the FAQ on this website. You can get factory parts from A&H Motorsport, from Gunn Acura, or from Hoehn Acura, among other places.

But wouldn't it be easier to get these parts locally in the Netherlands?

> Is it worth buying the workshop maual from the NSX, since i saw it advertised for $95.

It is if you're going to work on the car yourself. But you might be better off getting the manual for your home market, since there may be slight differences between your car and those in North America.

> Why does the spoiler-brake light not always come on?

It should come on every time you brake.

> How bad is bad shudder from the clutch, now its there, but not as bad as on a 911.

Read about this in the corresponding section of the FAQ on this website.

Thankx for the reply,

The reason why i do not get the A/C localy is the price for the unit (complete USD2000)
I rather get a used one from the states.

I read the faq.

Thankx for reply again.........

now, i read the faq, but............

Its seems that the windowmotor seems to have some slight trouble the get it up(.......)
Can i prevent the thing from going broken, or just leave it ????

Thankx

Michel

Thankx for the reply,

The reason why i do not get the A/C localy is the price for the unit (complete USD2000)
I rather get a used one from the states.

I read the faq.

Thankx for reply again.........

now, i read the faq, but............

Its seems that the windowmotor seems to have some slight trouble the get it up(.......)

Thankx

Michel

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:
Do you have to lower the engine to replace the timingbelt?

No, but it's a fairly tough job.

Where and, for how much can i get a AC compressor from the USA, including puly, and the first two bits of hose.

Try Hoehn Acura or Gunn Acura. Their contact info is here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/companydirectory.htm

Since we all know that Bose speakers suck, i want to modify the filters for better low and mid range.

I think you are better off simply removing and replacing the factory stereo than trying to modify it.

Is it worth buying the workshop maual from the NSX, since i saw it advertised for $95.

If you plan to work on the car you should really get it.

Why does the spoiler-brake light not always come on?

It's not working properly. It should always come on. Probably a bad switch, sensor, or wiring harness.

How bad is bad shudder from the clutch, now its there, but not as bad as on a 911.

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you have driven the car you know what the clutch feels like... ??

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:

Your window regulator may be about to cause a problem. See this section in the FAQ for more information.

Dali Racing (www.daliracing.com) makes metal clips that can be installed before your regulator breaks. Better to buy clips now ($50 for a pair) than regulators later ($800).

Back