• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Plug for the pressure sensor - Oh, and iForged SUCKS!

Bought a used set of iForged (Aeros - they are three piece) about a year ago. They use a metal 90 degree valve stem that pikes through the center piece for access.

Went to mount some new rear tires at Wheel Enhancement and they found a crack on one of the inner barrels at the lip. May have been there at purchase - not sure.

I live in Orange County, iForged is local, so I went straight there. They said they could replace the barrel for $275.00. Not cheap, but what option did I have? Said they would call when they knew when it would be available for pick up.
No call.
I called - left messages. No call back. Finally somebody answers yesterday. Can barely understand them. It's ready. Take off work to pick up today. I get there, and the wheel has a HOLE in the barrel! I ask - "why did you put a valve stem hole in the barrel?" - "It's for the pressure sensor"

They go on to tell me that every wheel they sell has that hole in it - like I'm the idiot. Suffice to say I got pissed. The manager isn't there- surprise - but he'll call me.
You guessed it - no call.

These guys are idiots. Looks like I'm stuck with what this is.

So what's the best method (smallest) to plug this hole? Please don't say weld it...

If you have iForged wheels - hope you never need service. If you're looking - Buyer Beware..!

Last edited:
I'm not an expert in these matters but what about using a broken pressure sensor to plug the hole? I'm sure iForged has several laying around!

Also a very cheap alternative is just a plain simple rubber short tire valve. If it's inside the barrel, no one will notice. Cost, maybe a dollar.

Since all new cars in the USA have TPMS, all of the American-made three-piece barrels are manufactured with the sensor hole already drilled.

They were not lying.

The company that spins the rims WILL make them for you with no TPMS hole, but you will need to order at least 20 of that part number and get in production queue.

Use a flush-mount plug and be done with it.

Back