• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poll: are you planning to come to NSXPO 2005?

Are you planning to come to NSXPO 2005?

• Yes!

Votes: 89 56.7%
  • No. :(

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • Still undecided...

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • possibly...

Votes: 25 15.9%

• Total voters
the nsxnut said:
Bob, would that be the antiquated Aztec calendar, of the more conventional Julian standard, which only allows 365 days in a year? :confused: :wink:

Actually the Aztec calendar is two separate calculations. One calendar, called the xiuhpohualli, has 365 days and it describes the days and rituals related to the seasons, and could be called the agricultural year or the solar year. The other calendar has 260 days and in Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs, is called the tonalpohualli or, in English, the day-count.

Neither one is long enough to accurately time the left coasters so we might have to stick with the Julian calendar as corrected to Caesar's mandate and include the 366th day so that Andrie will actually finish during the same calendar year.

Bob, your ability to obfuscate a truly mundane issue, and cloud it with non-sequiters, is truly befitting of a member of the bar... Of course, the left coasters probably won't even understand the multi-syllable words in this thread.... :rolleyes: ! Let it suffice to say that, based on the Julian calendar, let's hope that they can finish the lap cleanly in less than 60 seconds...

Last edited:
the nsxnut said:
Of course, the left coasters probably won't even understand the multi-syllable words in this thread.... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately that is all too true so let's put it in a vernacular they can understand - - -Andrie, you suck.

I got emailed your original response and I commend you on your restraint in censoring your thoughts (but at least your initial response showed you have what it takes to participate in smack talk :wink: )

I don't need to walk the walk because I have the Asimo powered Senior Member representing the truth, justice and American way of the East Coasters. Now if someone could just get him to stop driving at 40 mph with his blinker on in the left lane of the Long Island Expressway and find his way back to the track he'll show you a thing or two.

yeah, I realized after posting it that it might not be suitable for family oriented forum like this one. Glad you saw it though. :p

hey, I just realized we are starting the smack talk early. Where is Peter Mills? He must be practicing hard!

Back to this threads topic... I plan to attend.

Bob, I won't be using the transporter as I plan to drive there and back. My tentative round-trip will add about 5500 (very enjoyable) miles to my NSX.

My current planned route:

16906580-L.jpg

I need to be back in NJ for a wedding on Saturday Oct 15th... :)

Hey Tony that would be a nice layout for the longest road course in the world,the new "road america". :biggrin: I'm still happy to be shipping though :wink:

Fingers crossed - My wife and I are finalizing arrangements to buy our dream car... a 1998 NSX-T. If we're succesful, and we've got a verbal/handshake agreement now that the pre-purchase inspection went well, we'll be joining NSXCA and we'll be attending (work permitting). I'm asking for the time off on Monday just to get a jump on it.

hi there, i would very much like to go but am not sure if i could take the time off... especially driving from ny. What is the exact date of nsxpo 2005?? Maybe ill consider flying out.
Chris

Da Hapa said:
Fingers crossed - My wife and I are finalizing arrangements to buy our dream car... a 1998 NSX-T. If we're succesful, and we've got a verbal/handshake agreement now that the pre-purchase inspection went well, we'll be joining NSXCA and we'll be attending (work permitting). I'm asking for the time off on Monday just to get a jump on it.
Good Luck. If all goes well come on the next local drive with us.
nsxot1c said:
hi there, i would very much like to go but am not sure if i could take the time off... especially driving from ny. What is the exact date of nsxpo 2005?? Maybe ill consider flying out.
Chris
See post #19

nsxot1c said:
Chris

Well where wuz ya last year when it was in your back yard? :rolleyes:

haha probably working while my car was sitting in my driveway with the blown clutch and tranny.... haha I still regret not going though.. At the time I didnt know the location changed each year... if i knew this year was going to be all the way on the other side of the country I would've drove something else and went anyway... haha oh well now i know. I guess not knowing isnt a good excuse... :biggrin:

I know this is a dumb question but im flying in and in the process of booking plane tickets but I dont know what airport to fly into? Any help...

jalnjr said:
any idea about covered car shipping to PHX??
Jon,

Save money...I'll drive it down for you....no charge....what more could you ask for????

Bob :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

SpeedJunkie said:
Jon,

Save money...I'll drive it down for you....no charge....what more could you ask for????

Bob :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

save money??? i've seen you drive.... :tongue:

Back