• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poll/Opinions needed on which bumper to get (or should I do NSXR conversion)

What to do with my car?

• Cantrell GT front bumper--leave car color as is

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • GT-Rom front bumper--leave car color as is

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Go GT-Rom and do the NSX-R conversion.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, now that I've snagged the 02+ lights, I am gonna go for the conversion. :biggrin: I originally wanted to go with the Cantrell GT front bumper after seeing Poohbear/Calvin's car, but lately the GT-Rom/GT-One front bumper has really been growing on me. My car is black, so you'll have to use your imagination. Just wanted to know what you guys (and ladies as the case may be) think looks better. (Please no "2002+ headlights look like crap compared to the flip up ones" since that has been rehashed soooo many times. :smile: )

So here goes:

Cantrell GT front bumper from Calvin's car and Science of Speed

6289feb26_016-med.jpg

gtseries_450.jpg

GT-Rom
104.jpg

100.jpg

Okay, option number 3 is to go with the GT-Rom front end and go for the full NSX-R conversion. This is the most pain in the ass one as I really really hate painting a car since, to get it done right, requires alot of time and $$$. On the plus side, since the car is black, and on the genuine NSX-R the engine bay and other nooks and crannies are black, painting won't be that much of a pain in the ass. I was considering this since I got the 3.2 and 6 spd swap into a '91 coupe, the lightest of the breed, which is what the NSX-R basically is. (No passenger airbag, no power steering, etc.) Coupled with the fact that the engine I have puts out a freakish 305+ h.p. to the rear wheels, it's pretty much on par with what the NSX-R would make.

Anyways, opinions?!?

Father Honda would approve...

Maybe it's fate keepin' you to stay OEM... :wink:

ACURA NSX FRONT BUMPER COVER ['02-'05]
Starting bid: US $100.00
bin_15x54.gif
price: US $450.00

End time: Mar-26-06 20:03:07 PST (6 days 19 hours)
Shipping costs: US $125.00
Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service
Ships to: United States
Item location: SUNNY CALIFORNIA United States
History: 0 bids

21_0.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACUR...ewItemQQcategoryZ33640QQitemZ8049186379QQrdZ1

Swap the worn-out black OEM valance-lip for an aftermarket version you like; get it molded onto the lower-bumper when it's being repainted. Voilaaa!

Cantrell GT: $945.00 + domestic-ground shipping
GT-One: $885.92 / 102900 ¥ -or- $1157.12 / 134,400 ¥ + Int'l freight (USD to ¥en: 116.15¥)
OEM '02-'05 NSX (eBay): $100-$450 + $/¥ aftermarket-lip (try local pick-up)
(probably get $50-$75 in-return for selling off the '02-'05 OEM lip)

Possible lip choices: GT-One/Aero, Comptech_Sport, Mugen-style (Cantrell/SOS), TAITEC Tracy Sports...

In all honesty, it's upto you! If you prefer to go aftermarket, then it's Cantrell_GT w/o a question!

Last edited:
Back