• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pop-Up vs. No Pop-Up headlights!

Which style Headlight do you like most?

• Total voters
I think he meant that the bumpers, hood, and fender would have had different lines altogether, to flow better with the lights. I've always felt that while the fixed lights look like a bit of an afterthought, they're the best looking afterthought I can recall on any car.

They did change the hood and bumpers and fenders lol, I suppose just to fit. I also went with the more modern look. I like either look but perfer the 02+ as its not just the lights, its the hood, the front bumper, door panels and rockers, tail lights. I guess you could put all those parts on a car but it would take time and money. I dont think it was a cheap fix, if you call it a fix at all. The car is perfect, timless design. Why would you completely change the body of a car that is imo flawless if you can just update the headlights? I wanted to do fixed headlights on the FD Rx-7 I had cause it just looked sick as hell.

+1
Agreed

Me too! I own three blue cars and the NSX Long Beach Blue Pearl is the most perfect blue I've ever seen on any car. Of course the NSX itself is my dream car.

AMEN! :biggrin: I totally agree with you!

There are really 2 reasons why the frog eyes even have a significant percentage of fans:

1. Give the impression that the owner has deeper pockets than the pop-up lights folks

2. Was staring at the F360 too long and want to let people know that (s)he has a late model exotic. Not something from the Knight Rider era.....

Eww, I don't like that.

You may love this: :biggrin:

P1020805.jpg

.......want to let people know that (s)he has a late model exotic. Not something from the Knight Rider era.....

Dude, seriously? this is extremely funny S***T you wrote there, .. this comment was awesome! dammit! LOLOLOLOL

After reading this thread, now I roll like this!

attachment.php

Pure 80's goodness, all I need i a red leather jacket and some 80's coca...... miami style LOLOLOL

Attachments

• pops.jpg
    pops.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,019
Last edited:
There are really 2 reasons why the frog eyes even have a significant percentage of fans:

1. Give the impression that the owner has deeper pockets than the pop-up lights folks

2. Was staring at the F360 too long and want to let people know that (s)he has a late model exotic. Not something from the Knight Rider era.....

I love the F360 =)

I prefer the pop-up headlights for like many others have said regarding maintaining the lines of the car. Having said that I have warmed up a bit to the fixed headlights. I think Kyras has found the middle ground and done an excellent job by tinting the headlights. With what she did I'm more 50/50 now......:smile::smile:

1. Yes I do have deeper pockets. Its not an impression.

2. Yes, I want to hide the fact that my car is from the Knight Rider era.
:rolleyes:

But mostly to me, having updated front lights, front bumper, hood, rocker panels, rear valence, rear lights, wheels, interior seats, interior door panels, and gauge cluster (not including all NA2 stuff in general: upgraded engine, ABS, etc.) was nice to have. :cool:

Eww, I don't like that.

I didn't think the bumpers were able to fit all years???:confused: I know the hoods don't interchange. But do the bumpers??? I've had my car for 5yrs now and feel really dumb asking that question. Haha...:tongue:

But mostly to me, having updated front lights, front bumper, hood, rocker panels, rear valence, rear lights, wheels, interior seats, interior door panels, and gauge cluster (not including all NA2 stuff in general: upgraded engine, ABS, etc.) was nice to have. :cool:

Exterior panels of the 02+ NSX need further improvements.

The DF/stacy side skirts and DF rear valence is better.

ONLY thing that I like about the )2+ are the interior stuff and the engine (tranny gear ratios are good, but it doesn't seem to handle as much HP/TQ as a 5-speed).

The other thing is that I have yet to see an 02+ with a solid roof.

I'm making over 400rwhp and don't care for the chassis twisting, squeaking and squacking. Yes chassis bars and reinforcement bars help somewhat, but the targa chassis will never be as stiff as the coupe by itself or with chassis bar upgrades too.

All things being even, i.e. both cars stock, I prefer the pop ups...however there are a few heavily modified NSX's that make me like the fixed headlights a lot.

+1 Agreed

Exterior panels of the 02+ NSX need further improvements.

The DF/stacy side skirts and DF rear valence is better.

Opinion. Any shots of Synth19's car shows that. But I did buy Stacy's Side skirts from DF.

The other thing is that I have yet to see an 02+ with a solid roof.

I'm making over 400rwhp and don't care for the chassis twisting, squeaking and squacking. Yes chassis bars and reinforcement bars help somewhat, but the targa chassis will never be as stiff as the coupe by itself or with chassis bar upgrades too.

Truth.

Somewhat off topic: Has anyone ever rigged up some bright lights to replace those white front marker lights? I love the look of the hood when my pop-ups are down, so it would be nice to be able to drive at night with them down, using headlights where the marker lights are now.

Nostalgia!

down

DSC03921.jpg

UP!!

DSC03928.jpg

DSC03937.jpg

So classy, so nostalgic and exotic, thanks to this thread now I appreciate the pop ups a lot!

Oscar it looks like you reverted back to your factory rear spoiler. But damn your nsx makes me wish my nsx was red like yours.

I like the 2002+ headlights but ABSOLUTELY hate the big mouth dead fish look of the newer bumpers.
My ideal combo would be 2002+ headlights with the early bumper.
Steve

Back