• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

post your gauge setups!

Keep in mind with this setup you loose the clock and more importantly the upper vents, if you live in a warm climate you will miss these vents as they supply the majority of the air conditioned air. You have room to build a pod and keep your vents. check with a local custom stereo shop to make what you want if you do not want to try yourself.

Here is another good setup and lots of info about placement and gauge options:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ster-Install?p=1561104&viewfull=1#post1561104

Dash_Pod_Driver_View.jpg

Dash_Pod_4.jpg

P1030392.JPG

Apparently you do keep the vents, look at the pics closely ;)

This has came up before i believe, ok you can't direct the air but it still blows.

Actually the ones from impact do have an Ac vent, just not shown in those pictures. I ordered one through as motorsports. Hope it gets here by the time I'm done with install

Nicely done, are you running the wires trough clock? (or where you clock was)
The I's Impact pods to have a AC vent in the lower portion that blows straight out,
Off-course not as good as the OE or OE Navigation vents.

Yes all the wires run through the original clock openings, no screws through the dash, and the GPS puck is built into the fiberglass hood structure as well as provisions for a 3 axis accelerometer. All the sensors connect to the Zeitronics ZT2 modules on the firewall near the ECU and the connection to the Dashdaq display is a simple serial connection via a modular connector. The other connections needed are obd2 connector and power/ground.

I have been running this setup for two years and love it. The only draw back was making the pod. I really did not care for the look of the oem pod so I had to make my own.

Dave

View attachment 96474View attachment 96475View attachment 96476

Dave Dozier helped me with my instrumentation. I wanted something stealth and OEMish. I will be reworking the pod to more closely resemble the drivers dash cover. The warning light in the vents also has an audible alarm. I have it set up to trigger with redline and too much boost but it can also be added for EGT, IAT or Fuel Pressure. I will also add a filter so that it matches the existing NSX dash lights in color. I'll update next week with more pictures.

Last edited:
Regan, you have mail. I had the radio on so that you could see the color match. I leave it on AM1070 for the talk radio but I mostly listen to Pandora. Pandora rocks!

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, much appreciated. I have to modify it a little more as the angle of the face display picks up a reflection from the rear window glass so I will need to angle the face down some more. Shouldn't take me long to do it. As the the display button, it is tucked into the module and is easy to get to should I need to reset any of the gauges.

As to making more? Hadn't thought of producing these. It takes a bit to produce as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. But if someone would want this, I could make them.

I need to buy another ZT-2 and have been bugging Zeitronix to make a tablet compatible display. It was a long shot and my efforts have not gone unnoticed but ultimately in vain.

I need to buy two of the displays.

Question: With the clock display assembly completely removed do you think 2 of these will fit side by side? I will fabricate a housing myself as well.

(My biggest point of contention now is if to stick with the F/IC or go EMS. If I go EMS will the ZT-2 be redundant? I need to do some homework)

Last edited:
There is not enough room to stack them side by side but you could stack them vertically. This will require a taller housing, obviously. As to the redundancy, I'm running AEM EMS
Series 2.

(My biggest point of contention now is if to stick with the F/IC or go EMS. If I go EMS will the ZT-2 be redundant? I need to do some homework)

If you go EMS then you really should look at the DashDaq, you can view all of the EMS data stream and the ZT-2's mixed in any visual format you want. If you go F/IC you can then display all the OBDII data along with the ZT-2's data. Either way the DashDaq has you covered. Another benifit is the data from the two ZT-2's as well as the EMS or OBDII are logged in the same place and saved in the ZT format for review in their software. If you go with dual displays and dual loggers you will need the laptop in the car to put them together in a single log. The ZT-2's offer so much data when using all the sensor inputs you may not need much more anyway but if I was tuning I would want the EMS data combined with the ZT-2 data as backup to tune from. You really can not gather to much data but when you are it is nice to have it in a single log and review option, sinking two data streams from two data displays can be a pain in the but.

Dave

Ryu what are you wanting to display on two ZT-2's?

Valhalla, can you take better pics please? These are dark. Did you change the whole pod? If so what did you go with?

I did build a whole new pod, using an old broken clock display as a base. It took several hours of Lexan and bondo to shape. I'm almost finished with the last revision and will take some better and brighter pictures when finished later this week.

Ryu what are you wanting to display on two ZT-2's?
Well, before Valhalla told me I couldn't fit two side by side and before DDozier brought up the DashDaq option I wanted to use two of these in a custom mount where the clock is.
LCD_Remote_492x200.jpg
LCD_Dash5_x151_sm.jpg
The possibility of going EMS changes things. I already have a dual channel UEGO at home but not sure if all my other Zietronix sensors will swap over. Might be easiest to just combine both into the DashDaq like DDozier says but admittedly I don't have a place to put the DashDaqMy 8 sensors are the following1 Wideband bank 11 Wideband bank 21 fuel pressure1 AFR1 Oil Temp1 Oil Press1 Water temp inlet1 Water temp outlet or other misc such as boostThe last water temp is to test the efficiency of Radiators i'm testing.. it's not my normal setup.

Last edited:
Here is my gauge setup. Will be adding another goodie in the space below the gauge.:biggrin:

Gauges018_zps73331c10.jpg

So many options, mine seems too plain lol.

Here is my gauge setup. Will be adding another goodie in the space below the gauge.:biggrin:

Gauges018_zps73331c10.jpg

Problem with this is there is nothing really useful here. OBDII out is not helpful

Problem with this is there is nothing really useful here. OBDII out is not helpful

IAT, ECT and FRP is not useful or helpful Dave? I just left IGN on as it was the default in the 4th position and will be replaced by AFR soon. I can have any 4 of 16 different reading up any time I want. The FRP is from an external sensor as will be AFR when I add it. There will be BP on another device that will also be added below this gauge. It also has an alert function for ECT, EOT, EGT and OIL.

IAT, ECT and FRP is not useful or helpful Dave? I just left IGN on as it was the default in the 4th position and will be replaced by AFR soon. I can have any 4 of 16 different reading up any time I want. The FRP is from an external sensor as will be AFR when I add it. There will be BP on another device that will also be added below this gauge. It also has an alert function for ECT, EOT, EGT and OIL.

ECT? How is that info useful? IAT sensor is in the wrong place. So you need a new sensor anyway. What's FRP and BP? Fuel pressure? the factory sensor can't read high enough. So that's no good. Plus everything coming out the OBDII port is delayed. I'm not knocking the product, it's a neat display, it's the info that is useless. You get all sorts of info on stuff that doesn't matter. Like what gear you're in. Or what RPM's you were at.... 2 seconds ago. Anything else needs a new sensor or there is no output on the port. There are so many OBDII gaguges out there but everytime I have looked, I just haven't been able to justify paying for any of them, they seem more of a novelty.

Feel free to change my mind with some facts....

ECT? How is that info useful? IAT sensor is in the wrong place. So you need a new sensor anyway. What's FRP and BP? Fuel pressure? the factory sensor can't read high enough. So that's no good. Plus everything coming out the OBDII port is delayed. I'm not knocking the product, it's a neat display, it's the info that is useless. You get all sorts of info on stuff that doesn't matter. Like what gear you're in. Or what RPM's you were at.... 2 seconds ago. Anything else needs a new sensor or there is no output on the port. There are so many OBDII gaguges out there but everytime I have looked, I just haven't been able to justify paying for any of them, they seem more of a novelty.

Feel free to change my mind with some facts....

Geez Dave the thread says post your gauge setup not nit pick others setup. This is not about the Lakers and Celtics.:tongue: I was just having some fun with you in my last post.

BTW FRP-Fuel Rail Pressure(fuel pressure). BP-Boost Pressure. The FRP is reading from an external sensor not from the factory sensor, see my last post.:rolleyes: As for the IAT's I just want to know when they are rising, being a second or 2 later and not being the exact but a close reading is okay. Again Dave, just having some fun with you. Now get some sleep, it's late there.

Geez Dave the thread says post your gauge setup not nit pick others setup. This is not about the Lakers and Celtics.:tongue: I was just having some fun with you in my last post.

BTW FRP-Fuel Rail Pressure(fuel pressure). BP-Boost Pressure. The FRP is reading from an external sensor not from the factory sensor, see my last post.:rolleyes: As for the IAT's I just want to know when they are rising, being a second or 2 later and not being the exact but a close reading is okay. Again Dave, just having some fun with you. Now get some sleep, it's late there.

Do you really want me to bring up the lakers Les? LOL....

I'm not trying to nit pick, its not personal, its just a car gauge. I would like a nice setup myself, but the one I liked, setup by dave dozier, was almost $2K. I really considered the Brock D guage, but I was just making the point that OBDII out is just not that useful. I guess if you add more sensors to it. It does look really good. What are you putting under it?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is when threads get to swing a little. Dave....calm. We're all good here.

And as Dave was asking for better pics, here you go sir.
View attachment 96607View attachment 96608View attachment 96609View attachment 96610

JC, I gotta say man.... that looks good. The display looks a bit lighter, maybe needs a slightly darker film but.... I like it! looks pretty OEM, I like the pod too. For the money, this zeitronix setup is killer.

The tint is just a touch lighter. My crappy cell phone pick probably accentuates that a bit. But a darker tint will make it harder to read during full daylight as the brightness of the display can not be adjusted. If it could, I can match the color exactly with the 35,000 swatches of tint I possess.

Do you really want me to bring up the lakers Les? LOL....

I'm not trying to nit pick, its not personal, its just a car gauge. I would like a nice setup myself, but the one I liked, setup by dave dozier, was almost $2K. I really considered the Brock D guage, but I was just making the point that OBDII out is just not that useful. I guess if you add more sensors to it. It does look really good. What are you putting under it?

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's never personel with you Dave, like I said I was just having fun with you. Now here are the reasons/facts of why I went with the DGauge. It gives me a lot of choices of parameters that can be displayed. I know most of the OBDII ones are not of much use but it has 2 ports for external sensors. This allows me to have FRP and AFR from the externals and IAT from the OBDII with out having to buy 3 gauges which would have cost more and space in the pod would have been an issue, especially since there will be one more unit in the pod that will display BP and provide other functions. Plus I like that if I choose to go with another parameter such as EGT, EOT or Oil I only have to get the sensor and not another gauge. It can also provide alerts for certain parameters. I also like that I can have 4 easy to read parameters up at once. If I get a CEL I can press a button and it will scan and display the code and press another button to clear it on the fly. Plus I got a great price from our friend Ahmed at Vivid Racing on the gauge and sensors.

Back