• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Potential traitor in our midst!!!!

I have talked with the owner of the car several times by phone and by email and he is a very nice guy. All I have to do now is get someone to check the car for me. Then I will have it shipped to me. I will be like a kid on christmas morning waiting for the car to get here. Hitting the update button on the tracking of the hauler every 5 minutes. The thing looks great in pictures that's for sure.

Unbelievable! I'll drive it to Florida for you when you're ready to go back. Just give me your AMEX black in case it breaks down on the way :).

I would see it in a week but it was shipped to the Florida house so I won't see it for 4 to 5 weeks :frown:

The woes of owning multiple homes.:rolleyes:

:biggrin: Congrats man! And as always, post pics when you get them.

Congratulations to you Steven!

Unbelievable! I'll drive it to Florida for you when you're ready to go back. Just give me your AMEX black in case it breaks down on the way :).

Unbelievable is right. I can remember just 20 years ago delivering pizza for Dominos in a Datsun B210 while dreaming of a Ferrari that I was sure I would never own. Hard work and ambition really does pay off over time.

Thanks everyone for the kind words I really do appreciate it.

congrats!
just dont turn into a Ferrari Fag now wearing head to toe red clothes draped in the Ferrai logo

be careful too, FChat doesnt take well to other speaking well of the NSX there. They get their panties in quite a bunch over that! :biggrin:

congrats!
just dont turn into a Ferrari Fag now wearing head to toe red clothes draped in the Ferrai logo

be careful too, FChat doesnt take well to other speaking well of the NSX there. They get their panties in quite a bunch over that! :biggrin:

I will always love the NSX. It really is an excellent car and if Acura ever builds the HSC I will buy it.

As for the clothing thing I am not into all that. I am a cut off blue jeans and white t-shirt guy. Unless at home then it's sweat pants. If I wear a hat it's something I picked up at TJMax or Marshall's. I have one pair of dress shoes and two pairs of sandals.:biggrin:

hello open road.

main.php

Since I started this thread, there's no way I could let the purchase go without comment. I just returned from NSXPO and am catching up on what happened while I was out in Ohio. Big congrats and enjoy the ride, make sure you put some capristo level 3 on that car, sounds intoxicating!!!:eek:

Yeah I have been looking at them on ebay. There is a Tubi on the car now so we shall see how it sounds now.

Steve, that color is stunning.:smile: I'm buying a 355 Spider in a similar Blue with Tan top and interior that is currently being held by a mechanics lein.

Steve, that color is stunning.:smile: I'm buying a 355 Spider in a similar Blue with Tan top and interior that is currently being held by a mechanics lein.
The 360 is TDF (tour de france) blue. There is also a pozzi blue.

On another note, I was just reading Doug Hayashi's latest and he sold the F355 because of the maintenance costs :(. From nsxfiles.com (doug, hope you don't mind that I share)

I priced the car at $79,000,which Richard said was too high. I got no offers whatsoever. Copy of my "for sale ad". So then I agreed to drop it to $75,000. Still nothing. Richard then said I should really price it at $69,000, and he can sell it for sure. Which I told him was ridiculous, as it is a 1999 GTS with F1 transmission, factory carbon fiber racing seats, red removable top, has custom five point harness installed for the driver, red brake calipers, etc. He said that is all good and dandy, but as soon as he tells people that it has 43,500 miles on it, they hang up the phone on him. So I tell him that if I factor out all the repairs into the car, that means the car was worth $51,000 before I went into the rathole of fixing all this shit on it? Ridiculous. Plus factor in a few thousand for his commission, and suddenly it comes a $49,000 car prior to repairs. Absurd. If you look at the car up close, you would think it only has 10,000 miles on it, as the paint/body work looks real good. Leather is a bit worn on the driver's seat, but that is to be expected.

I paced back and forth for a few days over this. Seems a shame to sell it for that price. But then again I could pay off all my credit card bills, be debt free, and have some money left over to buy a new shifter kart. Heh. I start thinking.....brand new shifter kart chassis...never been crashed....frame will be tight and responsive....all new bearings so it rolls real good......plus Supernationals XI is coming up in 3 months, and it will be the biggest one ever. But if I kept the Ferrari, and I drove it like I usually did, and the tranny started leaking again, I'd be out another $4000-$5000. If I wanted to drive one of the kids around in the F355, I'd have to take it to the dealer and them install a "Ferrari factory passenger air bag disable switch", at a cost of about $2000+.

I relent. Screw it. Sell the Ferrari. Maybe it will make me get off my ass and figure out a way to come up with some quick cash to buy another one sometime in the future. This is the first car that I have ever sold in my life. I still have my trusty 1986 Toyota MR2. That car is amazing, as it can sit outside the shop for two months, and all I have to do is turn the ignition on, and it fires right up. The only repair in the last five years on that car was one wheel bearing. And, it doesn't have a passenger side airbag, so I buzz one of the kids around in that if I don't want to drive the truck. It is truly a "reliable beater car".

So what it comes down to is I can race a 125cc shifter kart with PKC, or I can try to keep up with the maintenance on an F355. Hummmmm......since I'm married with two kids, I can't pick up hot young chicks, so I guess I'll sell the F355 and get my ya-ya's out with a shifter kart. I sell the F355 for the dirt cheap price of $69,000. Shoot me in the head. It was a sad day when the truck came to pick it up.

pkc_sept_07_355_2.JPG

The car arrived today in Florida. Although I have not seen the car my buddy who collected the car off the truck says it looks awesome. He started it up and gave it a few revs so I could hear it over the phone. WOW!

Back