• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prayers

Please take a moment to pray today for those who have become the victims of today's cowardly acts.

Sorry Lud this is not NSX related, but I wanted to post to this board since it is the most read.

bill

This is a very sad day for America. My prayers go out to all those effected by this terrible event.

This should not happen in America!!

[This message has been edited by NSX4U2 (edited 11 September 2001).]

I have friends at WTC that I don't know if they are a live. I was working next to WTC before I got fired last month
frown.gif

Originally posted by bill:
Sorry Lud this is not NSX related

First of all, i'm with you. Can't believe what just happend. What happens if these people get there hands on some nuclear stuff???

For the quote, it does affect the NSX community though, we had some americans comming over for the Spa-Franchorchamps event. I'm wondering if they will make it.

Dutchy

COULD YOU BELIEVE IT?

A duel that makes dance to Palestinian 11/09/2001 Yes, women, children of all the ages, men and young people jumped of joy before the news of the attacks to the Twin Towers and the seat of the Pentagon. Nevertheless, minutes before, the Palestinian president, Yaser Arafat, condemned with hardness the attacks committed in the U.S.A..

Originally posted by pronto3000:
Yes, women, children of all the ages, men and young people jumped of joy before the news of the attacks to the Twin Towers and the seat of the Pentagon.

Children which should have been playing with there toys and dolls celebrating the dead of thousands innocent, not understanding what there going on about.

Very worying.

Dutchy

Our largest Aon Corp. office was in the WTC. We had over 3000 employees in that office, some of which I knew. Some are OK, some I don't know. Our offices are closed down today and I am typing from home on a laptop.
One co-worker who used to work with me in LA moved to the WTC for a new job. She is OK only because she decided to take an extra day off today.

I didn't know until I walked into an empty office and parking lot with just a few people watching the news in our conference room. Our building is now closed down for the day. I walked into the room to the site of a plane hitting the WTC. It felt like the twilight zone and that it was a movie or I was dreaming. Upset people in our office with friends and coworkers crying and worried about friends.

I hope many were able to escape in time before the collapse. Now I am watching the news and waiting to see how our nation plans to react.

May I just send our deepest sympathies to the victims and US nation regarding today's horrific events from the UK NSX community.
I work in the financial heart of London and watched from our offices these events unfold, total disbelief! A sad day!

My prayers are with all the dead, and family members of those in grief. May God Bless America as it has in the past, but especially now that we are going through this tragedy!
blue<....... (that's also how I'm feeling)

This is some text I came across today... I'm not normally one to be a bible thumper or anything like that, but this just struck me strange...Not to mention, Nostradamus has predicted so many things... VERY sobering... :

Nostradamus, C6 Q97: "The sky will burn at forty-five degrees latitude, Fire approaches the great new city: Immediately a huge scattered flame leaps up".

Without question Nostradamus is referring to New York City in this quatrain because it sits close to forty-five degrees latitude.
This verse suggests that the target is a city by the ocean, which is also verified by Nostradamus in quatrain C9 Q48. "The great city on the maritime ocean, Surrounded by a crystalline swamp: "In the winter solstice and the spring, It will be tried by a frightful wind".

he skyscrapers of New York City form a glass or crystalline swamp around the city's harbor. Furthermore, the timeline given by Nostradamus in this quatrain puts the event inside the time frame given by the Bible for war to break out in Israel. That time frame is between the Fall of 2001, and the Spring of 2002.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654
Predicted of September 11th (911)

Revelation 18:4, This prophecy identifies New York City as the target for an attack on the United States. New York is headquarters to the United Nations, making it "that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth". New York is identified again when a voice says, "Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues".

'true',
From Webster's Dictionary:
Main Entry: pray
Pronunciation: 'prA
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French preier, from Latin precari, from prec-, prex request, prayer; akin to Old High German frAgEn to ask, Sanskrit prcchati he asks
Date: 13th century
transitive senses
1 : ENTREAT, IMPLORE -- often used as a function word in introducing a question, request, or plea <pray be careful>
2 : to get or bring by praying intransitive senses
1 : to make a request in a humble manner
2 : to address God or a god with adoration, confession, supplication, or thanksgiving.

You'll notice that the religious context of pray is not the primary meaning. Do you honestly believe that wars are fought for religion and race? Those are simply tools used to excite the masses to give up their lives for the economic wealth and prosperity of their leaders. You'll notice that today's attacks were against a multi-cultural nation (kind of rules out your race theory) with many religious beliefs (kind of rules out your religious theory). The target was economic and military installations (time for your reality check). I am told that the Koran is a religion that preaches there it is impossible to commit crimes against non-believers and that it is perfectly acceptable to kill all non-believers. I haven't read the bible, but I doubt that it promotes those beliefs. I think you would be an interesting individual to meet, but I'll credit your comments to your current state of emotional distress.

Electro,
Your post is interesting. In advance I apologize if you are a scholar of Nostradamus. As you may know the quatrains are very cryptic and subject to many interpretations. Orsen Wells narrated a very convincing and gloomy movie about Nostradamus that most people use as their source of interpretation. In the movie, Mr. Wells presents the interpretation that Los Angeles will be wiped out by a great earthquake in May of 1988. It did not happen, I know because I picked that month to spend my holiday in Europe. You might recall that Mr. Wells had the nation believing that we were being invaded by Martians. He is very convincing. Nostradamus interpretations seem to hauntingly ring true after the fact when you know what answer to look for. This could be due to the vagueness of his claims. Just curious if you recall when he predicts that man will become maneater (something like 2010?) and everlasting peace on earth by 2030? Unfortunately he neglects to mention if the peace is a result of the extinction of man or not? I think I am on your side in stating that I hope that he is not always accurate.

Electro,

Heres another...

Earth-shaking fire from the center of the earth.
Will cause the towers around the New City to shake,
Two great rocks for a long time will make war,
And then Arethusa will color a new river red.

pretty weird stuff

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT
92 Talon AWD ( For Sale )

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:
For the quote, it does affect the NSX community though, we had some americans comming over for the Spa-Franchorchamps event. I'm wondering if they will make it.

I got an email from Mark Johnson today that his flight out was cancelled. My flight from Newark is scheduled for Friday afternoon, but if Johnson/Basch don't go, I'm going to stay in the US (I'm in Manhattan now staying with friends). Even if they do make it to Belgium, I've got second thoughts about boarding a US airline (Continental) on an international flight to Brussels (where NATO is located). As much as I don't want to give into the fear that these attacks are designed to create, it is my life and I'd like to keep it.

Worrying about attending an NSX race isn't all that important in the bigger picture. I just hope I can get home to Dallas on my original return flight next Tuesday afternoon. In the mean time, I'm in Manhattan trying to contemplate what happened today.

EDR

I think we should all "pray" for the innocent people who have lost their lives today. I don't mean pray in the religious sense but more to the effect that we should just be empathatic towards the families and friends of those who died for nothing.
Many people have refered to the apparent ones responsible for today as terrorist or cowards. I'd just like to point out that these are very intelligent people who are doing what they believe is right, listening to their leader and taking a courageous death for their cause. Of course I do not agree with that, live and let live is my motto but not enough people realize there is always another side to the story. Just like when nations go to war. Does it mean that one nation is totally right and just and the other are a bunch of killers? No of course not, just goes to show you that most people are sheep and follow a reality that they have been taught.
Now what happens we go and kill whomever is responsible, but how many more innocent lives will be lost to do that? And what makes America's actions doing that any better? I guess it could be argued that Western powers attack military targets and innocent loss of life is regretful but happens, unlike today where an attack on the U.S. itself was directly on and included only innocent people with the exception of the pentagon.
It makes me sad that all these people died and just as sad to know that more killing has to occur but what other options are available....I'd hate to be the man responsible for making a decision on who can live and who will die, being a president is not easy.

Bill, I really don't know all that much about Nostradamus... But I read that and found it strikingly strange... Remember when Nostradamus wrote all these things, it was in old english so it's a bit hard to understand.

Those that coordinated this act knew that the US would retaliate, and most likely are waiting for it... The only way they can get to the US is by a sneak attack like this instead of a face to face war in which we'd certainly win. All these things they know and took into account. I wouldn't be suprised if we used the same tactics on "punishing" those that are responsible (or those that we *say* are responsible) in a sneak attack... Snipers are good at what they do
smile.gif

-electro

Electro,
I certainly did not intend to offend. It's just that that Nostradamus guy can be interpreted as being pretty scary. Actually it is old French, and I even have difficulty with new French
wink.gif
Here's a link for your review presenting Nostradamus skeptics. My point was merely, take this guy with a grain of salt. I think I heard that he wrote in this cryptic fashion to avoid being accused of being labelled a heretic.
http://skepdic.com/nostrada.html

A very helpful reading, think about it:

The integrist leader Islamic Osama Bin Laden appears like one of the possible suspects to be behind the attacks of today in the United States, although until the moment some has not vindicated them nor exists test that ties to him to the facts. " Millionaire of the terror ", " banker of the Islamic terrorism " or " enemy number one of the United States " they are some of the names that are used in the West at the time of talking about to Osama Bin Laden. Considered by the United States the greater financier of international the Islamic terrorism, to Bin Laden the responsibility of the attacks against the embassies of the U.S.A. in Tanzania and Kenya in 1998 is attributed to him, that caused 224 dead ones. Bin Laden, whose fortune is considered in about 250 million dollars, directs a denominated organization " To the Kaida " (the Base), whose aim is " the war Islamic santa against the Jews and the crossed ones ", in reference to Israel and to the West of Christian culture. It was born in 1957 in Saudi Arabia. Member of a wealthy Saudi family, is one of the twenty children of Muamar Bin Laden, a Saudi of Yemeni origin that overcame its origins farmers and it became the tycoon of the construction of Saudi Arabia. One graduated in Religion and Economic Sciences in the University Rey Abdul Aziz. In 1979, after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, it supported and it financed to " muyahidin " in his battle against Moscow and even, as of 1986, it fought personally in the front. After finalizing the war, in 1989, it returned to his country, where the high social position of its family allowed the access him to the Saudi real house. Nevertheless, from the Gulf War, in 1991, and of the support of the Saudi regime to the North American troops in his attack against Iraq, it broke with king Fahd and his family. Bin Laden makes responsible to the Saudi monarchy of to have turned its country into a " North American colony " and considers to the United States the great enemy of the Islam. Its objective, according to is saying, is to organize " true " an Islamic State in Saudi Arabia. In 1991 it left Arabia and exilió in Sudan, where during a time it directed a construction company, considered by the United States a " cover " to finance terrorist groups. In 1994, the Government of Riad retired the Saudi nationality to him and two years later Sudan, pressed by the UN, he requested to him that he left the country. One took refuge in Afghanistan, where it was welcomed on the part of the guerrilla who had fought against Russia, and, later she counted on the protection of the military service talibán that in 1996 she conquered Kabul. Bin Laden along with settled then in some place of Afghan mounts a group of loyal, the Muyahidin Jalq (Combatant of the Town). Bin Laden it is blamed to him to finance fields of training of terrorists in Afghanistan, Sudan and Pakistan; and it is related to him to integrist groups like Algerian GIA, the Islamic Yihad or the Lebanese Hizbulá. In August of 1998, the United States made responsible to him to be behind the perpetrated attacks day 7 of that month against the North American embassies in Tanzania and Kenya, and that they caused more than 200 dead ones and more than 4.000 wounded ones. In addition, the Government of the United States accuses to him to have inspired or to have financed actions like the attack of February of 1993 against the Twin Towers of New York; the demolition of three American helicopters in Mogadiscio, 1993; the attack against the building of the Saudi National Guard in Riad in 1995; and the one that, in 1996, in Dhahrán, caused the death of 19 North American soldiers. Bin Laden also was accused by Russia, in August of 1999, to finance the Islamic rebels of the caucasian republic of Daguestán. In the last years, and from his hiding place of Afghanistan, the multimillionaire has sent in several occasions threats against the state

Bill, no offense taken....... Of course just about anything written long ago can be interprited in many ways... especially the way language has changed over the years... I just find it coinsidental that this happens and there is some related texts about it...

anyone can break it down to mean a number of things.

But it's still spooky to me!

-E

It will be interesting too see what unfolds over the next couple of days. Bush seems to be very sincere in his statement that we will not distinguish between the terrorist or the country that harbors him...

Originally posted by true:
STOP. the last thing we need is people going around thinking they need to 'pray' to assist the situation

(similar remarks deleted)

People are stupid and ignorant. Fact.

What an incredibly insensitive response in the face of such immense tragedy! Sickening. You should be ashamed of yourself.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 September 2001).]

Hey True,
Ever hear the saying"there are no atheists in foxholes"? I'm interested how you would be spending your time if you were on one of those planes heading into one of those buildings, or on the ground as two hundred thousand tons of steel came crashing down on your head? As Ken said, you should be ashamed of yourself. If prayer is not for you, why put down people who rely on it?
The town I live in is about thirty-five miles
from Manhatten, and a heck of a lot of people
here commute to NYC. We lost a lot of neighbors, familiy and friends yesterday.Last night, I took a ride on my mc all through town. The streets were relatively deserted, and the parking lots of every church in town were filled as a lot of people spent their night praying....

Originally posted by true:
... they need to 'pray' to assist the situation....

...im sick of hearing 'pray for this, that'...

...People are stupid and ignorant. Fact.

I'll tell you, you can pick your friends, but you have to share a forum with just anybody.

true, I would hope that you would keep this kind of hate to yourself.

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black

I just want to post my deepest condolence to all of you in the US, ecpecially those who lost friends / family members.
My prayers are with you.

/Martin

Back