• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Preference for flip-up headlights

Old school or New

• Old School

Votes: 138 67.6%
  • New

Votes: 66 32.4%

• Total voters
Anyone here feel like me and has a preference for the flip-up headlights?

I actually prefer the look of the old healights and believe it or not.. it was a major factor in my decision to go with an '00 vs '02 or later.

For the '02 lights, I would have preferred that the lights be flush with the surface, kind of like a 300ZX or even better the HSC concept lights.

Just my opinion... wondering if other people here feel the same....

my vote is for the 2002 and up...

I'm with you skinnydoc..

Call me stuck in the 90's but I love the flip-up lights. The NSX was originally designed this way and the new fixed lights look like after thoughts.

They could've integrated the new lights much better.. IMHO.

No arguing with the performance of the fixed, HID lamps but I actually prefer the look of the pop up headlamps. Call me nuts.

Da Hapa said:
Call me nuts.
As you wish. You are nuts. :tongue:
I think the fixed headlights do look good, but since I don't drive my car at night much and the headlights are down during the day, I like the clean look of the pop-ups more.

Well... if anyone has the 02 lights and wants to swap with my flip up's.... just let me know! :) I'll even pay for shipping!

I prefer the fixed headlight at first, but the pop up is growing on me. It does look sexy with the flush from the front view. Maybe it's just a fad to go with the fixed headlight...since the Ferarri, etc are fixed headlights.

whiteNSXs said:
I like the new headlights but absolutely HATE the new bumper. New headlights with old bumper will do it for me.
Steve

I agree - I've only seen one pic of a pre-'02 that had the new headlights, keeping the old bumper. I love that look! If I could afford it, that would be my first mod. Absolutely stunning. BTW, anyone know where I can find some pics of this setup?

MLmotorsport said:
I agree - I've only seen one pic of a pre-'02 that had the new headlights, keeping the old bumper. I love that look! If I could afford it, that would be my first mod. Absolutely stunning. BTW, anyone know where I can find some pics of this setup?

like this scroll down to reply #6 :biggrin: :biggrin:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45884&highlight=bumper

I sent an email to RP Motorsports... :frown: no reply

Apples to Apples:

Attachments

• 2001.jpg
    2001.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,487
  • 2002.jpg
    2002.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,454
I just did a Lemans popup headlight widebody. So I'm kinda flip up happy but though I do like the 02' but depends on the colour on the orange and blue yes on red no!

white94- is that pshop ?? awesome comparison.

For some reason i found the fixed headlights give a less exotic look to the car.

Old School for me. I can't believe how much the new lights change the look of the car. I do like the looks of the new lights in person than in pictures.
I like the new corvette but I think I would like flip ups better on the car.

i really dont like the flipups, but i really am not too fond of the new style either. i sort of like the raybrig aftermarket style.

The turn signals on the flip ups remind me of how dated the car is. The fixed are not the best looking either, but at least they don't make the car look 15 years old. The doctored picture sort of reminds me of a 1989 MK III Supra front end. :confused:

I never thought that the front end treatment (fixed lights included) was an improvement for the NSX visually. It's a shame, they could have spent that time and money improving the sound/entertainment system, and interior. The first time I saw the fixed headlights, it reminded me of the front end on the GT3000.

Back