• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PRIDE Light Weight Exhaust 19.5 lbs (Stainless)

Can you PLEASE post a vid with normal cats???? THAT'S what I need to hear! (your vids revving while sitting still are good... but if you could, a pull away/drive by would be VERY helpful).
Thanks!

+1...Sounds clips in the garage with the noise booming and bouncing off the garage walls isn't the best way to show it off....I'm sure it sounds great though!
Thanks in advance Caroline-NSX. Looking forward to your new video with the resonated test pipes.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Here's a clip with the LW on a complete stock setup. Sounds amazing! Not too loud esp when you're inside the car but loud enough to make people turn heads! (Note: the camera was about 4ft away and it was quite windy that day so may have some interference)

http://s.photobucket.com/user/Fugy/...8-4C9F-BCC4-9C60F4D8EB29_zpsvulc5s5l.mp4.html

How long have you had this exhaust installed? If just recently give it some time until the exhaust breaks in. it will sounds better.

Will this fit with the Taitec rear diffuser? Any pictures of this anywhere!? Love the exhaust/price/look/build of it. Great job, just need to know if it is compatible with the taitec rear diffuser.

Thanks for the vid, I'm glad you did this because I'm planning to buy this and wanted to know what it sounds like on a complete stock setup.

Can you PLEASE have a buddy or something take a vid as you pull away and take off?! THAT'S the vid I REALLY want to hear!!

Hey guys,

Here's a clip with the LW on a complete stock setup. Sounds amazing! Not too loud esp when you're inside the car but loud enough to make people turn heads! (Note: the camera was about 4ft away and it was quite windy that day so may have some interference)

http://s.photobucket.com/user/Fugy/...8-4C9F-BCC4-9C60F4D8EB29_zpsvulc5s5l.mp4.html

Thanks for the vid, I'm glad you did this because I'm planning to buy this and wanted to know what it sounds like on a complete stock setup.

Can you PLEASE have a buddy or something take a vid as you pull away and take off?! THAT'S the vid I REALLY want to hear!!

Me too...it does remind me of my gtlw on my last Nsx...thinking of saving $500 and getting this one for my latest one...would love to hear some drive by shots....

Its a 94. No drive bys as its kinda crappy outside - who doesn't love fresh snow? I should be home at some point in March, so I'll try and get some videos then. Sorry to make you guys wait.

What year is that stock NSX?
Also, can you bribe them for some drive bys?? Prime NEEDS a vid or 2 of this exhaust and drive bys!!

I'll ask, but I'm pretty sure the response is going to be "huh?". I'll try and track down someone with a Z to maybe get some side by side comparisons.

Some earlier comments mentioned that it sounded similar to 350z/g35. It doesn't sound like it based on this video. Did it sound similar in person?

Fly by/take off vids?

Here they are!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J0MbWsk2gaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gFXmRrFCUVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you Kevin and Ian for filming this!

Mark @ PRIDE

Very nice!
Mark just so you know what's going on in my head.... as you know I'll be buying one of these any day now...... I'm just trying to decide if I want to go with the LW or the V2.
(my thoughts are save $250 and go with the LW... BUT what if I "like" the LW but don't LOVE it!! THEN I'd end up selling it for a few hundred loss and get the V2 after all. So I'm just thinking about whether I should just go with the V2 to begin with)

Very nice!
Mark just so you know what's going on in my head.... as you know I'll be buying one of these any day now...... I'm just trying to decide if I want to go with the LW or the V2.
(my thoughts are save $250 and go with the LW... BUT what if I "like" the LW but don't LOVE it!! THEN I'd end up selling it for a few hundred loss and get the V2 after all. So I'm just thinking about whether I should just go with the V2 to begin with)

I made a picture for you.

LWvsV2_zps1e82df3f.jpg

Well, it's hard to say between the two. Both customers who bought them were very happy with them.

PRIDE Light Weight Exhaust:
  • Only weighs 19.5 lbs vs. 26 lbs
  • Has a deeper sports tone exhaust sound (a hint of high pitched tone)
  • More HP gain, straight thru piping design without the additional pipings

PRIDE V2 Exhaust:
  • High Pitched Tone at WOT (Wide Open Throttle)!!!!! Enough said... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  • Looks beautiful as you almost want to hang it up on the wall
  • More aggressive angled tips and flows with the 02+ valance

That's all I can think of now. :wink:

Mark @ PRIDE

Last edited:

Here is the clip that made me fall in love with the V2. Perfect drone on start up and idle! Deep grumble while taking off! Loud and increasing pitch while approaching higher revs! And a clean, no "rasp" overall sound!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EISYHvz9fik" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b6xZNUj8zEg?list=UUaCZ-jUhp8yCJgDuV36SVNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zXuXjAnzQJs?list=UUaCZ-jUhp8yCJgDuV36SVNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Mark (and anyone who owns or have heard a LW in person)...
I am literally about to buy one of these 2 exhausts (LW or V2), money in hand ready to go... I just have one last question:
In the rolling vid that Pride posted above, as the car is accelerating high into the revvs, the exhaust has that "raspy" or "twangy" sound starting at the 1:09 minute marker (and every time it revvs that high). Do ALL LW's have that sound, or does this one just have it maybe because of many unpredictable variables?

I don't like that sound... That's the reason i love the V2 so much, listen to the vid i posted above of the grey nsx taking off!!

Mark (and anyone who owns or have heard a LW in person)...
I am literally about to buy one of these 2 exhausts (LW or V2), money in hand ready to go... I just have one last question:
In the rolling vid that Pride posted above, as the car is accelerating high into the revvs, the exhaust has that "raspy" or "twangy" sound starting at the 1:09 minute marker (and every time it revvs that high). Do ALL LW's have that sound, or does this one just have it maybe because of many unpredictable variables?

I don't like that sound... That's the reason i love the V2 so much, listen to the vid i posted above of the grey nsx taking off!!

I think that "raspy" sound is from the camera angle and since it's a GoPro with wind noise, it might not be what you think it is. Cause after seeing that video couple of times and starting at the 1:09 marker I don't hear the "raspy/twangy" sound but more of a sports toned exhaust sound. Or maybe because I know what it sounds like in person, my brain is telling me that it's a sports rumble tone. Or, my definition of "raspiness" is different.

Also check out the videos posted by Caroline and see if you can still hear that sound from the video clips:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jbz1FtmJqyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g_ZfMt0YCk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wd5Y3ifWOAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think the V2 is probably a better choice for you since you can't go wrong with it. And you're going to LOVE IT!

Thank you!

Mark @ PRIDE

Yeah I've watched those vids many times and they sound great! I've ONLY heard the raspyness in the video of the car actually accelerating. Up to this point no one has posted a rolling vid.

I'm sold...ordering the LW right now....:biggrin:

In my experience the raspy sound near redline at wot is common on the NSX when paired with a somewhat free flowing single canister exhaust. If you add pipes (length) and criss cross like the V1 & V2 you can fix that. Stock is single canister but heavily baffled so you cant hear it. But I like both. I prefer the V2 and might be messaging Mark so he can build me one this summer!

Back