• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PRIDE Light Weight Exhaust 19.5 lbs (Stainless)

WOW! :eek: Took the NSX out for a test drive. I thought my first Pride V1 sounded good. Man, the Pride LW sounds better! The V1 had some drone to it and the LW barely any. I am very impress with this exhaust. I still can't believe how nice it sounds with the windows up or down. WOW! :eek:

Do you have any side pictures of the car when it's off the jack stands, because from the pictures it almost appears like the tips are angled downward...

To answer the comments above - I've been a car fanatic my entire life, starting with the little toy cars that i used to play as a child, wanting to become a race driver when i grow up, buying my first car - Honda/Acuras many many Civic Si's to Integras to Type R's and a couple of NSX's (owned over 25-30 cars before I turned 30) - modified most of them and getting my first job in the car performance industry 16 years ago. I, like the rest of you, is a consumer. I know for certain items, I pay a higher price because I want that specific brand name parts. I became a brand loyalist to some brands like Blitz, Greddy, Apexi, Volks, AEM, Racing Harts... etc. I know for some items, I can get the same quality, if not better, and at a cheaper price if I forgo the brand. I actually have authentic JDM NSX-R parts on my old NSX -- like the wheels, engine covers, and many other parts that are actually 3 times more than any aftermarket parts. I assume more than 90% of the guys here will not spend over $6k for a set of actual JDM NSX-R wheels (not sure how much they are now days, I heard $10k) just to save ~2 pounds over the 02-05 OE wheels and the JDM bling! Like the TYPE-R spoilers for example. There's the actual JDM NSX-R spoiler ($$$$), the ProCar version ($$$), DownForce version ($$), Seibon version ($).... There are only a limited few who spent $$$$ for an actual NSX-R rear spoiler where the guy down the road only paid $400 for a NSX-R spoiler. Both consumers are very happy with their spoilers.

Every product goes through a product life cycle. When the product is new to the market and has no competitors, the product will be priced at a premium. But as the product grow, competitors come in to make the same product, the price dips due to competition (good for the consumers and bad for the guys who paid premium on them) but the quality is still similar if not the same or better. Like our PRIDE Light Weight Exhaust for an example, with improvements like the 2.25" straight thru piping from the inlet to the exhaust tips, fully polished piping and muffler, all hand T.I.G. welds, tips angled up slightly to flow with the 02-05 valance design, high temp muffler packing, and more that are differ to the other brand's design. Hence, this is the evolution of store brand versus name brand in all the products we use everyday. The original manufacturer of the product will need to distinguish itself, via marketing, why consumers should still purchase its product, which is still offered at the premium price. Internally, this manufacturer now is making less $ on this particular product because it now has to incur higher marketing cost. From a consumer standpoint, we are still charged at the same price by buying it from the original manufacture. The other competitors are able to offer the same product for less because the cost incurred to produce this product is less than the original manufacturer (less marketing, perhaps fewer personnel, minimum R&D costs etc). I am one of the competitor and I know I can offer my products at a lower price point and of the same quality, if not better, versus the original competitor because I don't have to pay for all the extra costs that the original manufacturer is paying for. I can sell our exhaust at a premium for $1400+ if you guys prefer. LOL Other manufacturers will eventually phase out of NSX parts because there is just not enough NSXs for them to survive on. But I'm still here, still making NSX parts, because this is my passion like most vendors here.

So to sum up, if you are a brand loyalist to the brand or a certain manufacture, then perhaps I am not where you want to buy your product from and perhaps you are not my targeted consumer. However, if you are a consumer that cares more about quality, customer service, and price, I am your guy. Thank you!

Mark @ PRIDE

Thanks for posting the info so quickly. Looks like you have test pipes. What other mods do you have on your car? How is the noise level and drone during fwy cruising speed?

Mark, Any performance number and sound clips for the stock NA1 motor?

Thanks...

WOW! :eek: Took the NSX out for a test drive. I thought my first Pride V1 sounded good. Man, the Pride LW sounds better! The V1 had some drone to it and the LW barely any. I am very impress with this exhaust. I still can't believe how nice it sounds with the windows up or down. WOW! :eek:

Here is a couple sounds clip after I installed the PRIDE LW Exhaust. Couldn't wait til tomorrow so i went ahead and installed it and make a few sound clips. I Love it! I had the Pride V1 in the past and between the two I have to say this one sounds better. At idle its pretty quite and the higher you push the RPM the louder it gets in a good way.You have to hear it in person to know what I am talking about. And the fitment, fit just like factory everything lines up like the way it should. if you look at the picture above you can tell that it does :eek:

Might not be the best sound clips but you get an idea of how it sounds :wink:

Are you running cats, test pipes or resonated test pipes?

Wanna sell me you V1, im local :)

Really? Only one person with this exhaust?

Caroline....are you still in love?

We have only offered one for sale and which Caroline bought it.

The rest are getting made now and should be available for sale in a month. Sorry, been busy with many projects. Resonated Test Pipes are getting made now as we're speaking.

Thanks!

Mark @ PRIDE

Oh ok, in your original post you stated that you had a few ready to ship immediately. Wondering why no one is biting on this. I myself am thinking of going with the v2. How much louder is the V2 compared to the LW?

Wanna sell me you V1, im local :)

sold it some time ago. Sorry...

Really? Only one person with this exhaust?

Caroline....are you still in love?

Of course I am

Are you running cats, test pipes or resonated test pipes?

I am running comptech testpipes. I am removing it soon though it a bit too loud for me. I think with the stock cats the exhaust will sound really good.

Can you get an outside flyby video? This exhaust sounds pretty good. It's a bit different than the taitec...

I will try to get one when I can.

Looking forward to updates on this when they go into full production!!!

Does anyone else have this exhaust yet, or just Caroline?

Only a couple of sets were sold then.

Looking forward to updates on this when they go into full production!!!

It is now available for sale. Available in Standard Polish Dual Tips for $800, Dual Blue Burnt Tips: $850, Thick Walled Dual Tips: $880, & Quad Tips: $830.

Thanks guys!

Mark @ PRIDE

If you guys like the G35/37 or the 350Z exhaust sound this exhaust is for you. The more you floor it the btter it sounds. No drone! I have some Pride RTP coming soon and will do a video one with out RTP and one with RTP. The NSX sounds nice right now but I think it could us a bit more of flow.I had test pipes on it when I put the Pride GTLW on and it was a bit to loud. Now with out the test pipes it a bit too smooth. Still sounds nice. With the RTP I think it will set the exhaust off really nice. I'll have video up as soon as the RTP pipes comes in this week.

I still have to say my Pride GTLW sounds better than the V1 that I had. Sorry......:tongue:

And the PRICE?! Can't beat it..

If you guys like the G35/37 or the 350Z exhaust sound this exhaust is for you. The more you floor it the btter it sounds. No drone! I have some Pride RTP coming soon and will do a video one with out RTP and one with RTP. The NSX sounds nice right now but I think it could us a bit more of flow.I had test pipes on it when I put the Pride GTLW on and it was a bit to loud. Now with out the test pipes it a bit too smooth. Still sounds nice. With the RTP I think it will set the exhaust off really nice. I'll have video up as soon as the RTP pipes comes in this week.

I still have to say my Pride GTLW sounds better than the V1 that I had. Sorry......:tongue:

And the PRICE?! Can't beat it..
Can you PLEASE post a vid with normal cats???? THAT'S what I need to hear! (your vids revving while sitting still are good... but if you could, a pull away/drive by would be VERY helpful).
Thanks!

How does the Quad Tips looks like? What is the diameter of each of the tip?

So the exhaust sounds just like a 350z/g37? Same kind of tone?

Thanks.

It is now available for sale. Available in Standard Polish Dual Tips for $800, Dual Blue Burnt Tips: $850, Thick Walled Dual Tips: $880, & Quad Tips: $830.

Thanks guys!

Mark @ PRIDE

How does the Quad Tips looks like? What is the diameter of each of the tip?

So the exhaust sounds just like a 350z/g37? Same kind of tone?

Thanks.

The Quad Tips Exhaust will look just like the red NSX below, but installed on the red NSX is our PRIDE V2 Quad Tips. They Quad Tips measured at 2.25" each.

PrideLogoRev2-6.jpg

PrideLogoRev2-4.jpg

PrideLogoRev2-5.jpg

Sounds way better than the 350z/G35 in my opinion. And have slight high pitch tone past the 3k RPM, but not as high pitched as our V1/V2 exhausts.

Just got mine today! Can't wait to install it this weekend!

Thank you Sam! Please post some pictures for us! :wink:

Pics of the thick walled dual tips please.

Excuse the crappy cell phone pictures I took, but you get the idea what the "Thick Walled Tips" looks like. As soon as my photographer comes back, we'll update with better pictures. Only a few sets were made with the Thick Walled Tips and it's still undetermined if I'll make more or not.

20140114_160129_LLS_zps0178aed2.jpg

Back