• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

pride v1

I just bought a pride v1 and installed it the same day. i love the sound that it makes but it drones at low rpm. Im running with stock headers and cats. I dont know if changing those things will help get rid of the drone. People that own pride v1 said that it doesnt drone at all so I dont know why my does. please help... thanks a lot in advance.

-Scott

try removing the engine cover, i have a pride v2 and it doesn't drone with the cover off.

That you scott ;), but back on topic, your crazy. You can barely hear any exhaust with cats. I didnt have my engine cover on and it sounded great. Putting test pipes will take away drone, but will sound epic loud/badass.... Though with my "custom" magnaflow, i dont think the car can get much deeper and louder hehehe

Scott, IMO Drone is subject to who is listening....

Having had performance cars in the past that had Flowmasters, Walker ultraflo's and such my first 05 NSX had a V1 on it and was there a drone yes more than the stock exhaust. My current 05 has a V2 and that one is equal IMO to the V1 with that.

I sold the car that had the V1 on it to another person on prime who had come from a 91 with an Angus exhaust. He was barely able to have a conversation in the car at highway cruising speed due to the drone. With his current V1 he keeps the radio low and the conversation tone low and all is well.

IMO there is minimal to no drone at 60ish mph.

That you scott ;), but back on topic, your crazy. You can barely hear any exhaust with cats. I didnt have my engine cover on and it sounded great. Putting test pipes will take away drone, but will sound epic loud/badass.... Though with my "custom" magnaflow, i dont think the car can get much deeper and louder hehehe

I'm gonna buy a high flow cat from Prospeed in the future and not test pipes. I want to pass smog and don't want any hassle from cops. The sound right now sounds deep and I love it. I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube and they have raspy sound at high rpm but mine doesn't have that raspy sound hahahah

Scott, IMO Drone is subject to who is listening....

Having had performance cars in the past that had Flowmasters, Walker ultraflo's and such my first 05 NSX had a V1 on it and was there a drone yes more than the stock exhaust. My current 05 has a V2 and that one is equal IMO to the V1 with that.

I sold the car that had the V1 on it to another person on prime who had come from a 91 with an Angus exhaust. He was barely able to have a conversation in the car at highway cruising speed due to the drone. With his current V1 he keeps the radio low and the conversation tone low and all is well.

IMO there is minimal to no drone at 60ish mph.

You do have a point there. I'm able to hear music and stuff. It's not to a point where I can't hear nothing at all. Omg I would die hahahah. It drones around 2,500 rpm and it doesn't drone if I go higher like 3,000 rpm

i have the V2
just installed mine a few weeks
it seems to me that they sound better each time i take her out as they break in
maybe give it a few miles

Back