• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prime Always been like this

Ok guys, my intent with this thread was not to insult or stick my nose up at people. I could care less if someone did pick up a NSX for 18K, I was just refering to low ballers. People expecting a prestine NSX with next to no miles on it, but only willing to pay 20K. After thinking about it there are also the owners that dream their car is worth a lot more than it really is worth. Sorry if I insulted anyone.

Lol who cares how much one makes. We share one thing in common. Our passion for the nsx. If you can't respect that and insist on judging others based on their income, maybe you don't belong here.

I agree but there is the person who buys a NSX so they can pass themselves off as members of the high end exotic sports car "I'm so successful club", I think the term is "baller".
They have a used car that they bought for 35k, or less but tell everyone it is a 90k car. When they park it next to a 150-250k+ car at car shows and meets they believe some dumb asses will think they are in the financial position to buy the car next to theirs. They come here and make snide remarks about who they think their lessors are in the pecking order of the twisted financial caste system they have in their head.

That is showing up on Prime more than it did in the past.

WHOA. Where did that rant come from?! :redface:

Last edited:
Prices are going up from what I can tell.
I can't find any NA2 NSXs with under 40,000 miles for what I paid 6 years ago.
My advise to the low ballers... Buy today, because it will be more expensive tomorrow.

There are bargains out there but someone once said the most expensive NSX is the one you paid the least for.

These are not cheap cars to keep. Parts are hard to come by and expensive. Aftermarket support is decent but you are expected to pay some of the R&D costs as well as be a test driver for some/most of it.

Chances are the less expensive NSXs woul ahve gone through a few owners who could not afford the upkeep and you will find some interesting surprises down the road. Cool NSX for sale, nice..it's been lowered on springs! Raise the car and see where a past mechanic had whacked the delicate forged control arms with a mallet to separate the pieces. Ugh...

Ok guys, my intent with this thread was not to insult or stick my nose up at people. I could care less if someone did pick up a NSX for 18K, I was just refering to low ballers. People expecting a prestine NSX with next to no miles on it, but only willing to pay 20K. After thinking about it there are also the owners that dream their car is worth a lot more than it really is worth.
There have always been complaints about low ballers and high ballers. It's not a new phenomenon, and it's not exclusive to the NSX marketplace.

I agree but there is the person who buys a NSX so they can pass themselves off as members of the high end exotic sports car "I'm so successful club", I think the term is "baller".
They have a used car that they bought for 35k, or less but tell everyone it is a 90k car. When they park it next to a 150-250k+ car at car shows and meets they believe some dumb asses will think they are in the financial position to buy the car next to theirs. They come here and make snide remarks about who they think their lessors are in the pecking order of the twisted financial caste system they have in their head.

That is showing up on Prime more than it did in the past.

WHOA. Where did that rant come from?! :redface:
Yes, where did that rant come from. :confused: The only comment I've seen where an owner was putting down someone else for their lack of financial resources was Vamp's comment in this thread, and that was not well tolerated in the responses.

Ok guys, my intent with this thread was not to insult or stick my nose up at people. I could care less if someone did pick up a NSX for 18K, I was just refering to low ballers. People expecting a prestine NSX with next to no miles on it, but only willing to pay 20K. After thinking about it there are also the owners that dream their car is worth a lot more than it really is worth. Sorry if I insulted anyone.

As a non NSX owner NUKEM, I could completely understand your purpose of this post and never took offense at all. in fact, in the Propective Owners Forum, I started a post very similar in context about 2 hours before you did this one. Except I was poking fun of the vagueness of what people ask for :cool:

At some point, as you have read, this thread got away from you. But this by no means is an indictment on you. My take is pretty much this: With any car following forum, you will have your subcultures of elitists, purists, blue collar owners, and at least here, a subculture of dreamers. For me, my first conversation with an NSX owner that was a complete stranger, ended with me driving his car and him telling me to "floor it" on a straight away. My second NSX drive came a few years later because a friend of a friend knew I loved NSX's, and he tossed me the keys without knowing me for 30 seconds.

Those experiences, and being on this forum for years and selling my model collections to other owners and participating in forum conversations, combined with my dream of owning an NSX only added to my hunger. We can't assume (and NUKEM, we know you are not assuming this but others are) that everyone that wants an NSX now are just kids that saw the newest commercial or the FF movies, got a hard on and decided they wanted one.

Elitists will always be elitists, and cooler heads will always be cooler heads.

After thinking about it there are also the owners that dream their car is worth a lot more than it really is worth. Sorry if I insulted anyone.

I think our rants were directed at another poster, Nukem. Your complaint is perfectly reasonable.

Prices are going up from what I can tell.
I can't find any NA2 NSXs with under 40,000 miles for what I paid 6 years ago.
My advise to the low ballers... Buy today, because it will be more expensive tomorrow.

Back to topic. :cool:

I agree that prices have gone up over the last six months. My thinking was that this was seasonal but I haven't been watching NSX prices long enough to really know that. I just figured spring brought out the buyers and made the sellers more reluctant. Time will tell.

One thing for sure, prices ain't going down. I've been offered several thousand more for my 91 than what I paid for it. While I have invested in some long-term maintenance, I'm still pleasantly surprised by this.

I think it's funny to think that people would buy an NSX in order to pretend to be a baller, when it's far easier for them to find a used Porsche or older Ferrari for the same price and get away with it. As I said before, this is one of the best car forums online, and that's because most of the members here are true car enthusiasts. I would not be here if I believed the quality of the members had declined.

Anyway, enough negativity and let's talk more about NSXs and post more pictures! :)

As you wish, sir. :wink:

picture.php

Wow, thanks. I love seeing all the wide-bodied, slammed, and generally tarted-up NSXs here on Prime. But it is amazing how good the car can look basically stock with good light, an interesting background, and a decent photographer. (My brother took that shot. :tongue:)

Wow, thanks. I love seeing all the wide-bodied, slammed, and generally tarted-up NSXs here on Prime. But it is amazing how good the car can look basically stock with good light, an interesting background, and a decent photographer. (My brother took that shot. :tongue:)

While I find the modified & race-inspired NSXs to be interesting, I fell in love Honda's original design. There's nothing wrong with a classic, stock looking NSX, and it is what most buyers want. ;):)

This is a dangerous thread. I think the issue lies in the fundamental fact that people always think what they own is worth more than what someone else is willing to pay for it...lets call it a value bias.

To argue against the OP's point, I happen to think alot of sellers on Prime think their cars are worth more than market value. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a 99%'er. :wink:

This is a dangerous thread. I think the issue lies in the fundamental fact that people always think what they own is worth more than what someone else is willing to pay for it...lets call it a value bias.

To argue against the OP's point, I happen to think alot of sellers on Prime think their cars are worth more than market value. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a 99%'er. :wink:

The OP said as much in his response in post #26. I think dealerships tend to be the most egregious offenders in this respect though, not individual sellers (a few exceptions aside).

The OP said as much in his response in post #26. I think dealerships tend to be the most egregious offenders in this respect though, not individual sellers (a few exceptions aside).

Oh woops. Didn't see the last sentence. I agree, it typically is the dealer threads or ads that ask for too much.

Bentley Motors in Downtown Chicago just posted an '05 Red/Red for pretty much MSRP price. Sure, it only has about 7,000 miles but this is the highest I have seen a newer model priced from a dealer in quite a long time.

Bentley Motors in Downtown Chicago just posted an '05 Red/Red for pretty much MSRP price. Sure, it only has about 7,000 miles but this is the highest I have seen a newer model priced from a dealer in quite a long time.
That would be #000006 - it has been for sale for quite a while, was at 6,501 miles for $75k back in Sept 2011. Was out in California at Marin Acura for a while before moving East.

That would be #000006 - it has been for sale for quite a while, was at 6,501 miles for $75k back in Sept 2011. Was out in California at Marin Acura for a while before moving East.

Ahhh... and I think it was a point of discussion in the NSX Market too. When I saw it, I thought "Didnt we discuss a red/red recently?" I remember showing my wife photos of it.

I agree and was going to say the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACUR...3567005?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2571d4e29d

Buy it now for $21 k per E Bay write-up.

"THIS IS A MINT CONDITION CERTIFIED ACURA NSX TARGA TOP. I HAVE PAMPERED THIS CAR FOR THREE YEARS. IT HAS NEVER BEEN TOUCHED BY ANOTHER CAR AND NEVER SEEN THE RAIN OR SNOW GETS DRIVEN 3 MONTHS A YEAR IN THE SUMMER.IN THE WINTER IT IS STORED PROFESSIONALLY IN A HEATED GARAGE AND ALWAYS COVERED WHEN OUTSIDE FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE OF HOURS. I AM OBSESSIVE ABOUT MY CAR . ITS BEEN DETAILED ONCE A MONTH AND WASHED ONCE A WEEK IN THE SUMMER. IT IS MECHANICALLY PERFECT.NOBODY HAS EVER SMOKED OR EVEN DRUNK WATER IN MY CAR. ANY BUYER OF THIS CAR CAN HAVE THIS INSPECTED BY ACURA OR ANYONE ELSE QUALIFIED . REST ASSURED YOU ARE GETTING AN AMAZING EXAMPLE OF A MINT ACURA NSX VERY RARELY FOUND ANYWHERE. THE PROFESSIONAL CAR COVER IS INCLUDED AS IS ALL THE ORIGINAL MANUELS AND PAPERWORK.I CAN HEL WITH THE SHIPPING.PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO AND PICS.oNLY SERIOUS BUYERS WITH CASH IN HAND.BUY IT NOW ONLY 21k

Add just exudes potential buyer confidence. :rolleyes: But hey, price is right.

jh4na126xyt000011

Back