• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problem with emissions inspection - still "Not Ready"

I am having and issue with getting my 96 NSX inspected and searched through prime and wondering if you guys had any other advice.

Failing inspection due to having 3 systems "Not Ready". Catalyst, O2 Sensor, EGR System.

I have no check engine lights and actually had an O2 sensor replaced 6 months or so ago. So don't believe I am having any issues with those systems.

I have driven about 200 miles and brought it back and same issue. So they suggested pulling battery to reset and start over...tried that, drove additional 175 miles and same thing. I have tried do diversify my driving doing city/hwy, idle ac on and off, etc but still same thing.

Any suggestions? Could there be a problem with the ECU or do I just need to keep on driving it. Did have an issue with a loose battery terminal that I have fixed but that was fixed before I even got the first inspection. Do you think that could have damaged anything?

Thanks,
Norm

Everytime you disconnect your battery or delete check engine lights your emission "monitors" are reset, hence "not ready". You need to do an OBD II drive cycle (google it) and your monitors (sensors) should be ready for your inspection then.

Back