• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problems with Stock 6 CD Changer (Alpine) Help!!!

i recently bought a 97 NSX-T and it still has the stock bose system with the Alpine 6 CD changer. I've tried both burned and original CDs and it just doesn't seem to read any of the CDs. It just goes thru all of the CDs inputed and goes to the next cd to the next. what do you guys think the problem is? bad wiring? dirty cd changer? or... do i need new ones? i live in Los Angeles. anyone got hooks up to a place? thanks a bunch!

i'm sort of doing it the ghetto way and using the tape deck adapter to connect to my iphone. lol but, just wanted the cd changer to work again...

It sounds like it can't read them and is cycling through the bunch to see if it can read any of them.

You got the CD's right side up?

Alpine will rebuild the player for you, but it might cost as much to get a new m-bus one.

Drew

It sounds like it can't read them and is cycling through the bunch to see if it can read any of them.

You got the CD's right side up?

Alpine will rebuild the player for you, but it might cost as much to get a new m-bus one.

Drew
yeah i made sure the cds right side up and ur dead on about the problem im having. the dealer that sold me the car said the cd player worked but fuck.... so u suggest me getting a new cd player?

If you wish to keep the car stock: send the unit back to alpine and they will fix it. But it will cost nearly the same as getting a new unit.

Personally, I would retire CD's. Get something that plays MP3s...you'll never look back.

Why they can't make something like the Phatbox with WiFi is beyond me.

Edit: I guess something like this: OMNIFI DMP1 CAR MP3. There is at least one on ebay now.

Drew

i would really like to spend the least amount of money possible right now since i bought the x cash... and i would like to keep it stock. what is the cheapest way around with this problem i have with the cd changer? just get a new one and replace it?

since the car has a tape deck, i bought the tape adaptor that connects to my iphone. it's cool cuz its like a ghetto blue tooth. haha. i can hear my calls coming in cuz its plugged in from the headphones area and can also talk using that.

what is the cheapest way around with this problem i have with the cd changer? just get a new one and replace it?

Buy a new one and replace it. You may also want to check the marketplace as some owners sell they're oem/aftermarket units.

Back