• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

product developement

Hey guys, just trying to get something started here.

How many of you guys like the WW front lip and the Comptech Wide Body front lip? How many of you would want the lips and the lower front fascia (sp?) as a one piece? NO SEEM LINES!!!!!! NO DOUBLE SIDED TAPE!!!!!

I have the lips, now all I need is someone to donate the front lower portion so I can produce a mold. Any color/condition as long as its not structuraly damaged.

I am planning on thermoforming the new front out of flexable PVC or Polyurethane. Injection molding is another option, but I am sure that I can produce it through the thermoforming process much more efficiently. This will be a direct bolt up with no modification at all.

I am the VP of Manufacturing for a polymer co. here in Houston TX and have full access to all equipment and raw material inventory. Cool huh! :cool:

Hope I can add another option to the front end inhancement of our cars.

PM me or post here with any questions or comments, or hell, even flame me. Just give me some feedback.

Thanks guys
Patrick

I'm in...

hmmm... I need to replace my front lower bumper and was looking for one on 'Prime. In fact I was about to pm/email you about helping me source one! As soon as I can get the bumper piece, I'll send it to you. :cool:

Do I have to also send the Comptech widebody lip? I will try to acquire one, I assume from their website... :confused:

Patrick, the WW and Comptech differ. Which look did you have in mind? Personally, I like the Comptech look. Depending on the price, I might be interested.

Sorry if I was not clear. I already have both lips and will be making a mold for each.

Ojas, that would be great and you can stop by the shop when your in town and check out the process!

I only need one fascia though since I already have one.

Thanks guys.

I would be down for ww 1 piece lower bumper/lip. make it out of urethane so it would give/flex. Brent

I can’t wait!

Patrick,

I think you have an awesome idea here - way to put your resources to some good, creative use.

I used to have a Wings West lip on my NSX and the one thing I did not like was the additional seam line. A lower bumper that has Wings West lip styling built-in would look great. However, like others, I think the Comptech style would be even better. You will have no problem selling me one!

I was planning to be in Houston soon, anyway. When’s a good time to drop by and see how things are shaping up?
hyper.gif

hmmm... I am in no hurry so the downtime won't impact me that much (NSX sans front lower-bumper). I am still trying to source a lower bumper as my current one is a bit weathered/beat... I'll be in touch as soon as I get my hands on one to send to Houston! :: ecstatic :: :biggrin:

Re: I can’t wait!

Ojas said:
Patrick,

I think you have an awesome idea here - way to put your resources to some good, creative use.

I used to have a Wings West lip on my NSX and the one thing I did not like was the additional seam line. A lower bumper that has Wings West lip styling built-in would look great. However, like others, I think the Comptech style would be even better. You will have no problem selling me one!
hyper.gif

I agree with what Ojas said. One thing about it being all one peice, if you bottom out bad with a lip, just replace the lip. Thats fairly easy and inexpensive. Seems like with a 1 piece bumper, you would have to replace the whole thing. Is there something you can do to take care of that issue?

Good point. I guess it would be the same as if you put on a Taitec front bumper, Kawagen, or Marga Hills. I would make it out of polyeurathane so it will have a good amount of flex. Fiberglass of CF would be great but Im afraid that the breakage issue would be a factor.

I could just reproduce the lips themselves but Im afraid I would be infringing on a copyright. Doing a one piece fascia keeps it legit though.

Today Im getting with one of the process engineers here at work and were going to talk about other materials such as resistoflex PVC. Im still in the research phase but I plan on constructing the molds as soon as I have all needed pieces.

:biggrin:

Build it and they will buy....... :biggrin:

loNfastNSX said:
Good point. I guess it would be the same as if you put on a Taitec front bumper, Kawagen, or Marga Hills. I would make it out of polyeurathane so it will have a good amount of flex. Fiberglass of CF would be great but Im afraid that the breakage issue would be a factor.

I could just reproduce the lips themselves but Im afraid I would be infringing on a copyright. Doing a one piece fascia keeps it legit though.

Today Im getting with one of the process engineers here at work and were going to talk about other materials such as resistoflex PVC. Im still in the research phase but I plan on constructing the molds as soon as I have all needed pieces.

:biggrin:

I would be interested. $$$'s would be a contributing factor, as I have very little left.... But the seemless look would be great.

NEED ANOTHER OPINION!!!!

What do you guys think about omiting the center cross bar and all associated support bars? Kinda like the S-Tai front bumper. This would simplify the process and I also think it would give it a cleaner look. Do any of you think this would compromise the structural integrety of the product? Ive gone over it and cant really find a problem with it.

Let me know what you guys think and I will go with the gereral consencus.

Thanks again guys!

loNfastNSX said:
NEED ANOTHER OPINION!!!!

What do you guys think about omiting the center cross bar and all associated support bars? Kinda like the S-Tai front bumper. This would simplify the process and I also think it would give it a cleaner look. Do any of you think this would compromise the structural integrety of the product? Ive gone over it and cant really find a problem with it.

Thanks again guys!

I like the stock look with the WW lip myself but if you had a pic (photoshop) to show what you mean I may like that as well.. :cool:

loNfastNSX said:
NEED ANOTHER OPINION!!!!

Thanks again guys!

i like em without the splitters\bars, i think it looks cleaner too.

Griffen said:
I like the stock look with the WW lip myself but if you had a pic (photoshop) to show what you mean I may like that as well.
Here’s what a Wings West-style lip would look like if it was molded into the lower bumper. I’m not exactly sure if this is what Patrick has in mind, but it should give you a rough idea.

Attachments

• NSX---1-pc-Wings-West.jpg
    NSX---1-pc-Wings-West.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,136
Ive said it before and Ill say it again,

Ojas, you rock!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That is what I am working on as well as with the comptech front lip. Is there any way you can delete the center bar from the center opening?

Thanks Ojas!

No - Thank you for working on this product! Below is one with no bar. I like this look. I think a Comptech-style lip with no bar would look fantastic.

Attachments

• NSX---1-pc-Wings-West-no-ba.jpg
    NSX---1-pc-Wings-West-no-ba.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,132
Ojas said:
No - Thank you for working on this product! Below is one with no bar. I like this look. I think a Comptech-style lip with no bar would look fantastic.

Ojas, Nice. Can you do it with a car with more of a head on shot? That way we could see the entire span from fender to fender. Both ways (With the center bar and without)
Thanks.
Hold the cheese. :smile:

Cool........I want one now!! Can you mold it in black, so rock chips won't show too much? I like.......Brent :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

if you are going into urethane, have to take account the sagging, deforming or mis-fitment...etc etc... Just want to point it out in case you haven't thought about it yet.

I do not know what is the OEM bumper material, but it seems like it's soft enough to withhold a little deformation but strong enough to hold its shape without suffering from deforming...

Back