• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

product developement

Provide our own bumper... or?

NSXDreamer2 said:
if you are going into urethane, have to take account the sagging, deforming or mis-fitment...etc etc... Just want to point it out in case you haven't thought about it yet.

I do not know what is the OEM bumper material, but it seems like it's soft enough to withhold a little deformation but strong enough to hold its shape without suffering from deforming...

hmmm... Interesting point! I am unsure if we provide our lower bumper for loNfastNSX to mold the desired aftermarket lip (WW or Comptech style) onto it, or he is going to produce a one-piece lower bumper w/ lip :confused:

Personally, I'd like to send my OEM lower bumper and have the lip molded onto it. Using another material than OEM for the lower bumper, would it cause difficulty in matching the paint (paint surface of urethane)? I'm just curious! :cool:

Hi

Gheba

Take a look here and here

There the center bar has been removed on you X NSX.

Regards

Yes the center bar was something I wanted to remove and Enzo photoshopped it away. But i also wanted to weld the WW spoiler to the lower bumber... it would look SO good! :)

gheba_nsx said:
Yes the center bar was something I wanted to remove and Enzo photoshopped it away. But i also wanted to weld the WW spoiler to the lower bumber... it would look SO good! :)

Hi

Well you would have to talk to Enzo again, because you ain't coming near my silver princess with a welding device :)

I agree. One piece would make it look a lot more cooler. I am afraid it would be a problem with scraping though. There are a lot more bumps here in Narvik compared to Switzerland. Now I only scrape the lower WW spoiler which I can do something about it if I want. If I need to remove the whole front of the car it would be a problem.

Regards

i believe there is already a frp version of this front bumper design, middle bar optional, ww spoiler integrated look. it looks pretty damn good to me. actually i have it on my car. cant take pics, it's in the shop right now. but i just saw a show nsx with the same bumper in a car magazine today at barnes and noble. i forgot what mag, one of the rice rocket mags. it was an orange nsx. but i like this idea of having it in urethane instead of frp.

I'm interested.
But I'd like to see photos and a price.
Awhile back we had a WW group buy that died. I'm sure some of those people would be interested too.

any updated info on this project?

i had a small suggestion *cough* perhaps when the new mold is made
it could include the 02 headlight upper bumper cups for na1 + 02 headlight + WW front lip goodness

the 'blue cups that you see riveted onto the na1 bumper'
5772Front_mods-med.jpg

just a thought :biggrin:

The mold is only the bottom portion of the front bumper. The only mold Im making is for the 91-01 lower portion as of now. The 02+ may be ib the works later down the line but I would need the piece to make a mold from.

The mold is almost finished, had a few flaws to work out, but I should be able to do a test run in a few weeks. Ill keep everyone posted!!!!

Thanks
Patrick

loNfastNSX said:
The mold is only the bottom portion of the front bumper. The only mold Im making is for the 91-01 lower portion as of now. The 02+ may be ib the works later down the line but I would need the piece to make a mold from.

The mold is almost finished, had a few flaws to work out, but I should be able to do a test run in a few weeks. Ill keep everyone posted!!!!

Thanks
Patrick

ah ok gotcha,

thanks for the info, i think its great your doing all this, cant wait to see the finished product :smile:

Hey that's my car. I guess now you know my sin. Hehe.

khappucino said:
any updated info on this project?

i had a small suggestion *cough* perhaps when the new mold is made
it could include the 02 headlight upper bumper cups for na1 + 02 headlight + WW front lip goodness

the 'blue cups that you see riveted onto the na1 bumper'
5772Front_mods-med.jpg

just a thought :biggrin:

haha man, if thats a sin i want to be evil =)

i think your NA1 Bumper with the headlights is teh AWESOME!

Back