• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit

Re: Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit!

we're going to time the install when my car is going in for brian's prospeed turbo makeover, which is right after his car is out of the shop.

it should be about a days work for the install.
me and brian have done ITR, H22 swaps and builds all day long in the past, but now focusing on his turbo.

we'll have all the photos you'll need and even make videos of the install just to make installation a breeze. installer error should be zero when you get your kit - for the out of state guys.

but for the guys that are bringing their cars in, be thankful you got a great installer and tuner.
you guys haven't seen quality until you see this kit.
the people that are involved with this kit are the best in the industry.
there's a lot of extra features on this turbo kit that you guys will really appreciate.
i dont want to kill any surprises so you guys just gotta wait.

anyone considering should put in your deposits now so you can save your place in line.

I wanna talk with you more on this Erick

Paul

I would also like to know why I should choose your kit over the lovefab kit?

thanks
Blaine

I would also like to know why I should choose your kit over the lovefab kit?

thanks
Blaine

I can't compare our kit to the other kit's on the market because every kit is different and priced differently. Most of the kits i've seen look good and are from good vendors in our community. However, I can tell you what makes our kit top notch and worth every penny. :smile:
I want to be clear to everyone that the Prospeed Turbo kit is definitely not a budget kit nor was it designed to be. It is however a DIY kit and will include proper instructions for each kit.

When I decided to offer this kit to the community I wanted to stick to a few basic principles...

- Designed for quick spool for good mid range power for street use.
- 375 to 400hp on stock to near stock engine.
- Both the y-pipe and cold side pipes-wide radius bends and least amount of piping possible. (Least amount of bends and wide radius for smooth flow and low restriction)
- Hot side flanges and pipes are all stainless steel
- Cold side piping feature 6061 aluminum and hard anodize for longevity.
- The custom brackets are lightweight and powdercoated for durability. (I wanted to stick to the principles of the NSX and keep everything lightweight and strong)
- No modifications to the chassis. (No cutting or drilling. All parts can be put back to stock)
- Air to Air intercooler with ducting to keep weight down and simplify the kit.
- Adjustability designed into the exhaust system.
- rubber mounts to prevent vibration issues.
- Tial Wastegate and blowoff valve.
- V-band and high quality T-clamps and hoses used.
- Borla or Burns muffler (high quality and light weight)
- Flexibility on our jig to use different components to meet customer needs.

All in all I wanted to offer something I would want for myself. A kit that used high quality parts for strength and durability, lightweight for handling and overall performance, and a properly engineered kit with no compromises.

Last edited:

I can't wait for the final product, you have created some great products for the Nsx community. I have a gruppeM ver 3 exhaust and wish to keep it, is that a possibility or should put it up for sale once your turbo kit comes out.

I can't wait for the final product, you have created some great products for the Nsx community. I have a gruppeM ver 3 exhaust and wish to keep it, is that a possibility or should put it up for sale once your turbo kit comes out.

The Gruppe M and Revolution exhausts can be modified for a turbo system, as they both have a single centrally-mounted inlet; you would simply route the downpipe from the turbo into this single inlet.

The concern is going to be piping diameter; the Revolution exhaust uses full 3" piping, with two steel packed canisters, it's actually made by the same people who produce the Gruppe M exhaust, and is the same basic design. The Gruppe M uses smaller 2.5 or 2.25" piping, which would be a restriction for a turbocharger system.

If you like the sound of your current Gruppe M setup, I would sell the exhaust, purchase the turbocharger system with a Magnaflow, etc. exhaust, and try to source a used Revolution system from YJ auctions.

We could modify it to work however it would be a restriction compared to our full 3 inch exhaust system. I say sell it and recoup some of the money you invested into the turbo system. :smile: You will love the sound of the burns or even borla muffler we offer. I'll post up sound clips soon. When are you coming back up here. I want to give you a ride in it in a week or so. So you can determine if you like the sound in person. Let me know!

UPDATE!!!

Prospeed NSX Turbo kit on the Dyno!

Thanks for everyone's patience. We have been busy finishing up work and we finally got this baby on the dyno for all to see. Here is the dyno graph of the Prospeed NSX Turbo kit. We were happy to see how efficient the kit was! At only 5.1 lbs of boost we were able to put down 400.5HP and 303 ft lbs of torque! The timing was conservative and we could have made more hp but we are happy with the results as it sits.

I want to thank Bisi and their staff at Bisimoto engineering for the help and support! Bisi did a brilliant job on tuning the AEM EMS. The car is smooth and idles perfectly! I can't stress how important it is to have a good tuner. Thanks again!

We will be attending the august 6th South Coast Acura Meet to showcase the car to anyone curious or interested in the Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit! Look forward to meeting everyone there! :smile:

IMG_2266.jpg

Car: 91 NSX with 69,XXX miles
Mods: Stock engine, Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit, AEM engine management system, 91 octane.
Results: 400.5HP at 7597rpm, 303.7 at 5349rpm. all this at only 5.1 of boost!

YELLOW DOTTED LINE: Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit

BLUE LINE: Uni filter, Topspeed header, Prospeed HFC, Taitec GTLW, Prospeed Rom Tune

ProspeedT_PwrAug09.jpg

ProspeedT_BoostAug09.jpg

The results speak for themselves. We were able to put out some decent numbers on the stock engine. The car drives like stock at all rpms. The power comes on smoothly and wickedly fast! I need to upgrade brakes now... :frown: I am pleased with the results and I hope you guys like it as well!

The kit is officially available for sale! :smile:

Link of dyno run---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94uNeZV__F4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/94uNeZV__F4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/94uNeZV__F4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I love the exhaust sound!

Last edited:

Had a blast meeting everyone at the SCA meet tonight! Hope you guys all like the turbo kit! :smile:

The exhaust sounds amazing and docile at cruising speeds, once on the throttle it really opens up and lets you know it means business! I'll have sound clips up soon!

Had a blast meeting everyone at the SCA meet tonight! Hope you guys all like the turbo kit! :smile:

The exhaust sounds amazing and docile at cruising speeds, once on the throttle it really opens up and lets you know it means business! I'll have sound clips up soon!

I had the pleasure of taking a ride in Brian's car with his new turbo kit....and I can honestly say....DAMN!!! QUICK AND EFFICIENT!!! Brian said the turbo is putting out 400+rwhp and 300+torque @ 5psi. The car is so smooth running....just like stock....but with a shot of STEROIDS....it really pulls smooth. And the system is so clean looking as well. Great job Brian!!!

Thanks for the comments Tony! Waiting on your order soon :wink:

We will be getting some magazine exposure soon for the next upgrade feature we will be offering with our kit... meth/water injection. I will have results up soon! :smile:

Checked out Brian's NSX the other day. The built quality, hardware, set up are all top notch. I was extremely impressed.

Car is really quiet at idle, but sounds like a race car at all full throttle. I am really picky when it comes to sound, this car sounds incredible.

Checked out Brian's NSX the other day. The built quality, hardware, set up are all top notch. I was extremely impressed.

Car is really quiet at idle, but sounds like a race car at all full throttle. I am really picky when it comes to sound, this car sounds incredible.

Thansk Jason! I agree with you on the sound! The burns muffler does the trick. It's more expensive but well worth the money.

Our intro price is a steal for the quality of work we are offering. We have 2 spots filled. We have 1 more spot available at $6750.

Final retail on the kit will be $8499 with FIC and $8995 with AEM EMS. We stand by our kit and believe we have one of the best kits on the market. If you are interested I am willing to give anyone a ride in it. PM me for details. Thanks again guys!

Here are more pics of our intercooler duct and layout.

IMG_2309copy.jpg

IMG_2318copy.jpg

Last edited:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZZJTWS4xNY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZZJTWS4xNY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The burns exhaust sounds awesome. Car sounds great at normal driving but once the wastegate opens this thing sounds like a beast. One of the best exhaust notes I've heard so far. Everything sounds very refined. Definitely one of my future purchases. Good job Prospeed. I'll try to post a video of you doing a fly by tonight.

Last edited:

Looks like a nice kit and sounds great. Frank

Thanks Frank!

I recently installed my walbro fuel pump thanks to David at Import Auto Pros for the extra hand :smile:

IMG_2305copy.jpg

I needed to get it back on the dyno to tune for the added fuel by the walbro vs my stock fuel pump. With the new fuel pump I felt it was safe to see what it could do at about 7psi of boost. It was running little rich on this pass but still happy with the results.

416HP & 309lbft

ProspeedT_7psiPwrAug09copy.jpg

ProspeedT_7psiBstAug09copy.jpg

Last edited:

i dont like the sound of a blowoff valve on a turbo car, is it possible to order the kit without the BOV? and can it be installed without the BOV?

can we get some videos of the nsx with ur kit?

It was nice meeting you Brian. Im glad I was finally able to get you my ECU. I cant wait to put it in and try it out.

Also thanks for the great ride. DAM your car was fast................

Your turbo set up looks great

Thanks Dhalsim! It was nice meeting you too. Glad you like the kit and the car!

UPDATE
We would like to offer the AEM Meth/Water Injection kit. We will be offering the proper brackets and mounts to make this a bolt on kit for the NSX. The kit works seamlessly with the AEM EMS to provide the proper protection when the meth/water runs out it will switch the program back to a safer ignition and fuel settings.

PM me for prices and details. Thanks.

IMG_2324copy.jpg

Sold my CTSC, SOS headers and gruppe M V3 exhaust to buy this turbo kit!!!

I can't wait to start my auto to manual conversion and install this turbo kit.:biggrin:

Sold my CTSC, SOS headers and gruppe M V3 exhaust to buy this turbo kit!!!

I can't wait to start my auto to manual conversion and install this turbo kit.:biggrin:

:eek: You're going for the conversion? Got all the parts already? But yeah, IF I'm going FI, Prospeed's kit would be top of the list. The kit looks well built Brian. Don't think I'll go too well with A/T though :frown:

If you haven't seen it already I finally got the video up of one of our dyno runs.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/94uNeZV__F4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/94uNeZV__F4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:eek: You're going for the conversion? Got all the parts already? But yeah, IF I'm going FI, Prospeed's kit would be top of the list. The kit looks well built Brian. Don't think I'll go too well with A/T though :frown:

Thanks for the comments! We spent a lot of time on the details and used high quality components to in our kit. You could be next if you wanted... :smile:

Hey guys i just wanna share my experience with u guys about the prostreet turbo kit. First i just wanna say how powerful this kit is. After the ride was over I was thinking damn this is what i want in my nsx. 2nd thing was i hope brian has insurance cuz my neck sure was hurting from that take off :biggrin:. The power on this kit was so smooth i thought it was stock for a sec. Until u hear the sweet sound of the blow off valves. We talked a bit about how he can even custom it to the way you would like how the car sound but its perfect if u r trying to even build a sleeper. :wink:

I have no gain, and this is just my comments. But thanks again for the ride. and be warned about the power in a good way :biggrin:

Back