• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

So, I don't remember if I saw the discussion on this, but is a newer/stronger fuel pump needed to run this setup effectively, or is the stock one okay?

thanks in advance.

oem is fine. no need for a new pump. I installed a fuel gauge to monitor the pressure and it should be ~40 +/- a couple psi.

I've been following this thread and I'm absolutely amazed :eek: with the results and reviews...

I was wondering how many kits were installed till now... and having in mind that some members have done this several months ago, what would be their opinion now that they had time to feel and enjoy the tuned NSX ... Is this a win win solution or can you mention any disadvantages?

I just can't wait to see the resiults of REV.2...:cool:

I'm located in Europe so I was wondering if there is any diferences on the ECU... Is this tune going to afect the "learning" ability of our car ECU?

Brian I received my kit and FIC- thanks. I thought it came with an instructions page though?

does that mean mine has been shipped or are you saving up a better version for me?
great work by the way

I had gotten a pm from someone considering the upgrade to see what I thought at this point and thought I'd share in case others are interested.

5 months and 3,500 miles into have seen no adverse issues with drivability or gas mileage. Other than the added power would have no clue it wasn't the stock tune. I do very little highway driving and look to have fun with it every time behind the wheel and typically hover @ 20-21 mpg. I'm sure better gas mileage is available if desired and willing to adhere to speed limits.

The change truly transformed the car for me and if not for this would either figured out how to spring for FI or more likely been driving something different which would have been sad given the great folks that exist in the NSX community- absolutely the best folks.

Highly recommend v1 and looking forward to v2.

I am interested in performing this modification and cant make excuses such as I am waiting for the new and improved version like a lot of people do with certain products cough cough " apple stuff " cough hummm, sorry bad cough, it is cool how Prospeed does not stop tweaking this in order to deliver better performance and when this is achieved he offers the update free of charge.:smile:
So my excuse for waiting is not " I am waiting for the new and improved " but I have stuff in my garage that needs to make its way on the car before I get this. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I am interested in performing this modification and cant make excuses such as I am waiting for the new and improved version like a lot of people do with certain products cough cough " apple stuff " cough hummm, sorry bad cough, it is cool how Prospeed does not stop tweaking this in order to deliver better performance and when this is achieved he offers the update free of charge.:smile:
So my excuse for waiting is not " I am waiting for the new and improved " but I have stuff in my garage that needs to make its way on the car before I get this. :biggrin:

I know what you mean bro....always itching to mod....always looking to mod....it never stops!!! Its much cheaper going back to crack:biggrin:.....sooo, its all Brian's fault.

Last edited:
Sent a pm....haven't heard back

Sorry to hear that bud!

I've been busy developing and testing new products in the works... keep your eyes peeled guys. I am also working on an improved RDX spec program... a REV.2 if you will that will improve throttle response even more and with a revised VTEC changeover and slight improvements in the mid range... It's being tested first before being offered to the public. Once completed I will offer a free upgrade for previous Prospeed RDX spec ecu owners. =)

Brian, do you have any more information about these improvements for throttle response and revised vtec changeover?

I am having my install and FIC tune done tomorrow morning so if you could share your thoughts I would really appreciate it as I want to get the tune done right w/ the latest information only ONCE. Even if it's not ready for release, please PM me or email me so I can get a lead on what you're thinking and relay the information to my tuner to point him in the right direction.

I would love to have VTEC kick in at a lower RPM if it makes power and the only downside is reduced fuel economy, and it does not put the motor at risk. I found this old thread but it was inconclusive http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100304 though it was popular opinion that it would have no effect years prior: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993

Also, did you ever do the higher fuel pressure with the walbro 255 pump? I'm installing that as well as the AEM FPR and I'd like to see what pressure I should go for.

Thanks-

Last edited:
He is back in the class room, contacted me the other day apologising for not being around and getting my kit to me.
So be patient, i am and its killing me.

Back