• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Purple

One thing that I like about the NSX is how rare they are. I was just checking out production numbers on the wiki and saw that they made a purple NSX. :eek:

Purple is my favorite color. My first vehicle ever was a purple Ford Ranger I had a Cosmos Purple GTO and I loved it. I would totally dig a purple NSX but with a total of 87 purple ones made, the chances are slim and none. I did a search and there are none on autotrader and here on prime I don't see very many of them posted for sale.

I am NOT in the market right now, but I was just trying to get a feel for how rare these purple ones really are. What are the chances of finding one for sale?

Yes, it a a beautiful color. My favorite color as well. I ended up getting a silver because I got it it a price I couldn't really refuse. Although the color is rare you should be able to find one when you are ready to purchase but it will take a lot of patience and will power to wait. They are not as readily available as the more popular colors(Red and Black) so patience is the key.

Welcome to the forum. There are a few listed in the For Sale section at the moment, but you've got to search for Midnight Pearl, the official color name. There were a few for sale when I bought mine and would have considered Midnight Pearl, but Berlina Black gets enough attention for me. Beautiful color, though.

Welcome to the forum. There are a few listed in the For Sale section at the moment, but you've got to search for Midnight Pearl, the official color name. There were a few for sale when I bought mine and would have considered Midnight Pearl, but Berlina Black gets enough attention for me. Beautiful color, though.
Awesome! I did some more research and there are two in the FS section in the past 30 days. There may be hope for me yet. :biggrin:

Yeah, that's what I did. I didn't know the name was Midnight Pearl but once I searched by the proper name, I saw a few of them for sale. :cool:

One thing that I like about the NSX is how rare they are. I was just checking out production numbers on the wiki and saw that they made a purple NSX. :eek:

I am NOT in the market right now, but I was just trying to get a feel for how rare these purple ones really are. What are the chances of finding one for sale?

To me, that's the most beautiful/rarest color of the NSX :wink: as you can see I'm biased being a former Midnight Pearl owner...

The only drawback is they only come in 95-96. IF you want a 3.2l 6-spd NA2, you can't find one in this color. :redface:

Good luck on your search :biggrin:

I know a guy in houston looking to sell his purple (monaco blue ) 01 nsx. If anyone is interested let me know.

Yes, Monaco Blue Pearl is a nice color, it does turn slighly purple-ish
at sunset. Besides the one in Texas, there's another 2001 for
sale in Arkansas. Its in the For Sale section. :biggrin:

Don't take this the wrong way but I remember a recent post for "Female NSX Owners" and someone said that for some reason all the female NSX owners have Purple cars! haha

Is purple the new pink? j/k :tongue: (runs and hides)

We all know white is the RARE and BEST color :biggrin:

Just having some fun here,
rk

Don't take this the wrong way but I remember a recent post for "Female NSX Owners" and someone said that for some reason all the female NSX owners have Purple cars! haha

Is purple the new pink? j/k :tongue: (runs and hides)

We all know white is the RARE and BEST color :biggrin:

Just having some fun here,
rk

I prefer to look at it from another standpoint. Since women love the color, it attracts the attention of women more than the guys. I'll take women attention over guy attention any day! :biggrin:

To me, that's the most beautiful/rarest color of the NSX :wink: as you can see I'm biased being a former Midnight Pearl owner...

The only drawback is they only come in 95-96. IF you want a 3.2l 6-spd NA2, you can't find one in this color. :redface:

Good luck on your search :biggrin:

lol Brian, nice to see you around Prime!

And Jag, yea Midnight Pearl has become my favorite color ...... :biggrin:

Here is an old picture. Currently now has 2002 rear end and Procar and Oem NSX-R parts.

2006-07-09-KCNSXDrive-01.jpg

Mine is a 95 Midnight Pearl/Tan interior 5spd... well I should have said WAS :tongue::cool:

Last edited:
Back