• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

PV Concours D'Elegance pics

Hi all,

Here are some of the pictures that I took at the Palos Verdes Concours D'Elegance in beautiful SoCal. We had around 18 NSXes on display. I heard that there were close to 50 of them in the valet area. The Taylors actually witnessed the valet stalling their beloved NSX and then peeled off right when they were stepping into the courtesy van.

All in all, the event was very great. Weather was in the high 70's. Perfectly clear sky and a slight beeze. The view from the club house were hundreds of classic parked on the green with the view of the ocean behind. Drinks were available through out the event. Most of us stayed with drinking water instead. That tell's you that most of us have very good self control.
redface.gif
)

Alex's car was like a magnet. People are very considerate. At the end of the show we do have finger prints all over our cars. No bikini models posting (leaning/sitting) on our cars. Well, with the aluminum body panels, it may be blessing in disguise Securities were guarding our area at all time.

Here are some pictures of NSXes that were on display:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/silvernsx1979/lst?&.dir=/PV+Concours+NSX%27es&.src=ph&.begin=9999&.view=t&.order=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/silvernsx1979/lst%3f%26.dir=/PV%2bCo ncours%2bNSX%2527es%26.src=ph%26.view=t

Sorry for the long URL!

Even I don't know how to appreciate anything older that the cars built in the 50's, but they are sure a site to see. Here are some shots of the classics on the green:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/silvernsx1979/lst?.dir=/PV+Concours+Classics&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/silvernsx1979/lst%3f.dir=/PV%2bConcours%2bNSX%252 7es%26.src=ph%26.view=t

If you have problems getting to these pages, just cut the entire URL and paste it to your browsers to view. I have 25 shots of the NSXes and 38 shots of the other cars.

Enjoy!

As usual, sharing this experience with fellow NSXers made the event extra special. We were so busy socializing that we hardly saw any cars until AFTER lunch. And speaking of lunch, Acura's VIP area provided a great meal in addition to the open bar. The weather, the cars, the people, the food...I hadn't felt this good since the horrors of last week began. And considering how hard I've been working, I really NEEDED the diversion.

Parking the red, white, and blue NSXs next to each other was a nice touch.

I heard that there were close to 50 of them in the valet area.

I didn't hear that! Damn. We could have used them up front!

The Taylors actually witnessed the valet stalling their beloved NSX and then peeled off right when they were stepping into the courtesy van.

Hadn't heard that either.

Alex's car was like a magnet.

That's an understatement. His upstaged all of our cars...as far as I could tell, hardly anyone paid attention to the other NSXs thanks to his being around.

At the end of the show we do have finger prints all over our cars

That reminds me that I must wash mine tonight
biggrin.gif

Even I don't know how to appreciate anything older

Sounds familiar. My knowledge and appreciation of cars before 1980 is VERY limited. But, man, these were cars sweeeet. Considering the condition these were in alone, I was amazed. My NSX is barely more than a year old, and I have more swirl marks in my paint than any of the classics on display.

Some of those old Porsches were amazing...found myself gawking at them more than the classic Ferraris.

My 35mm pics will be posted sometime after they're developed. Additionally, I shot about 15 minuts worth of quality video that I intend to edit into a 3 to 5 minute piece whenever I can get the time to do so.

Because my pics may not be scanned any time soon, I decided to quickly upload Valerie's memory stick to Yahoo:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/akira3d/lst?.dir=/pvconcours/val's+digital+photos

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 18 September 2001).]

Excellent pictures!! Acura sure did treat us like kings! They gave us wristbands that allowed us into the "invited guest area" and feed us a gourmet meal and we had our own bartender!(we only drank sodas and water). The facilities and the cars were amazing. Meet with a higher up from Acura and asked some pointed questions about the new NSX. He wasn't giving much info, but said that the powertrain would stay a V6(no on the V8 question), so we asked about later on down the line. Wouldn't(and couldn't) comment on THAT question. Let him know how we feel about the V6 and said Acura would be making a BIG mistake if they didn't put a V8 in the NSX and keep up with the Jones's. SpeedDemon, Craig, Marc Weinberg, Akira3D, Ilya, Paul and myself cornered him on these issues. The group probably can enlighted you more on this subject. John

Back