• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

question about the Laminova intercooler, anyone have one?

I want to know if you have any intake temperature information on running your intercooled, supercharged NSX for 5-10 minutes of aggressive driving. I want to make sure the intercooler is what I am looking for if I do track events. Please let me know if you have any datalog info that I can see.

Thanks.

During a 20 minute session at Mid Ohio on a 94 degree day the highest the stock sensor registered was 138 degrees. The session started with the stock sensor at 128 degrees. This is with a whipple charger running around 9 lbs boost, a large Setrab heat exchanger and a good water circulation pump.

The charge temp was probably slightly higher than what the stock sensor was showing but a far cry from the 220 degree seen from the un-cooled whipple.

During a 20 minute session at Mid Ohio on a 94 degree day the highest the stock sensor registered was 138 degrees. The session started with the stock sensor at 128 degrees. This is with a whipple charger running around 9 lbs boost, a large Setrab heat exchanger and a good water circulation pump.

The charge temp was probably slightly higher than what the stock sensor was showing but a far cry from the 220 degree seen from the un-cooled whipple.
What track config, power level, tires, and laptime were you turning?

Full course with chicane, 380 hp, Proxes T1S, stock suspension, I was not keeping time as lap time was not important to my testing. Titanium Dave was driving I was monitoring, but I can tell you he was pushing the car past its handling limits.
The goal was to push the supercharger belt and cooler as hard as possible to find the "Achilles heel”, thankfully we did not find it.
I know in a racing situation with better tires and higher HP the results might not be as good but that’s not what my car was built for.

why not use water/meth injection. Its all the charge cooling you will ever need

I've been wondering this myself... anyone running the Laminova out on the track yet?

I'm sure chris will chime in here at some point, I have another question that was never answered. Can you add a laminova to a standard CTSC without adding fuel management?

In our durability testing of our supercharger and intercooler, which consisted of loaded back to back pulls which consisted of oscilating 15 deg grade and level grade loaded pulls, we found the power to not deviate more than 4%. The thermal exchange from the supercharger is well matched to the thermal exchange of the heat exchanger. You can find more information here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ucts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Laminova_Intercooler/

We do not recommend installing the intercooler with out and engine management device like the AEM F/IC. The Comptech system includes no provisions for ignition retard and Comptech found that their system relies on the hot intake charge of the non-intercooled supercharger for the factory ECU to retard ignition. Adding a system like the F/IC increases performance as well as safety.

regards,
-- Chris

laminovaintercooler-800.jpg

waterdistributionblock-800.jpg

Does the Laminova unit work with the old CTSC? If so, is it recommended with the smaller pulley?

The system has currently been tested with the Autorotor based Comptech system. There was some interest for this to be used with the Whipple supercharger. However, since they are no longer made and we do not have one in stock - we would need a customer to send us their compressor and manifold for us to fit check the assembly. If you are interested, we'd be able to give you a significant discount to test fit these parts.

regards,
-- Chris

I agree about the meth not being a comparison. It is only for short bursts. The intercooler is needed for the supercharger plain and simple. The more I learn about the supercharger, the more I think it should have come with this as part of it. Most Domestic SC kits come with a after cooler kit.

Back