• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

question does anyone know??

friend asked me to ask this question:

"what do we as individuals have to give up to make public order easier?"

does anyone know

i don't know the answer nor does she

thanks in advance
stuart

I don't think we have to give up anything. We only need to give more to each other, and take more responsibility for our actions.

hejo said:
I don't think we have to give up anything. We only need to give more to each other, and take more responsibility for our actions.

true,
but supposedly there is an answer......

Well, for one thing, we give up the freedom to intentionally cause chaos. Such as the right to scream "fire" in a crowded theater.

Its from Thomas Hobbes "Leviathan" which was written in the 1650 and formed the basis of most modern democracies today.

It basically states that man must give up personal freedom and give some of it to the government in exchange for protection from each other because when man has no limits to his freedom, he harms each other.

Rob banks, kill his neighbor, run red lights, steal his dinner and so on.

He observed in prior socities where people did as they pleased, the societies ultimately failed.

Kinan said:
Its from Thomas Hobbes "Leviathan" which was written in the 1650 and formed the basis of most modern democracies today.

It basically states that man must give up personal freedom and give some of it to the government in exchange for protection from each other because when man has no limits to his freedom, he harms each other.

Rob banks, kill his neighbor, run red lights, steal his dinner and so on.

He observed in prior socities where people did as they pleased, the societies ultimately failed.

thanks much:)

Back